inTank Media Baskets

Thinner + Longer = Better? Obviously...

Justind823

Crackerballer

GLA one is 5mm float glass. I have it sitting in my garage with a 2 bulb T5 unit over it. Can't bring myself to set it up, just not deep enough.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanted to keep it long and shallow. So I ended up going with a 30g Breeder.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry2992968

Let me know what you think, i would appreciate the feedback.

I havent received any for a while.

I'll check it out

Been eyeing this tank myself, how are the edges? I had read a couple of reviews complaining about them not linning up very well. T5s would rock this thing but par38s kick serious A.

I wouldn't say the edges are bad at all.

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Been debating for a long time on this tank.... Think you just convinced me.

Good!

How thick is that glass?

It's 5mm

GLA one is 5mm float glass. I have it sitting in my garage with a 2 bulb T5 unit over it. Can't bring myself to set it up, just not deep enough.

Do it!! You won't...

yeah :(

I seem to have touched on a sensitive area. This is all I can offer you:

:flower:

Don't be touching on my sensitive areas.

Apologies

I just got some really nice rock in the mail to build some structures with! WOO! I'm really excited for the weekend when I actually have some time to work on this.

IMG_0067.jpg

Thankyou reefcleaners! Your $1.50 a pound rock sale can't be beat!

Thankyou reefcleaners! Your $1.50 a pound rock sale can't be beat!

I saw your thread and wanted to simply say "Obviously"...but now I have to say it for two things...because my rock is ALSO on the way from reefcleaners.

That's an awesome tank! I was planning on that one when I was surprised with mine. Long and shallow!!

Deleted User 6

Nice! I love RC rock - all kinds of good stuff can be made from from it. I used super glue/epoxy to build my little mountain:

989655711_VYQzh-M.jpg

Nice! I love RC rock - all kinds of good stuff can be made from from it. I used super glue/epoxy to build my little mountain:

989655711_VYQzh-M.jpg

Yea your rock work looks amazing. I'll probably go the same route with the superglue and epoxy. What kind of epoxy did you use? Something I could fins at HD/Lowe's or the aquarium stuff?

Deleted User 6

just an fyi - i gave my rock a really good rinsing before i put them in. sprayed them down really well outside with the hose, then circulated with a 1/10 bleach solution for a day, dried 3 days, then circulated a day with ro/di. mine might have been extreme, but i had zero ammonia or nitrate spike when they went in the tank. if you don't rinse, you might cycle for a long time and be fighting a nutrient leak for a while even after.

just an fyi - i gave my rock a really good rinsing before i put them in. sprayed them down really well outside with the hose, then circulated with a 1/10 bleach solution for a day, dried 3 days, then circulated a day with ro/di. mine might have been extreme, but i had zero ammonia or nitrate spike when they went in the tank. if you don't rinse, you might cycle for a long time and be fighting a nutrient leak for a while even after.

Hmm, this gives me pause. I saw on reefcleaners that adding this to a tank won't create any cycle. I had planned on rinseing it off but not bleaching or anything. What to do, what to do...

sweet tank.. i guess this will be my next tank inline. love it. following along.. What filter you gonna run?

It's going to be drilled and sumped. I drew the plans on Sketchup but I forgot to post them this morning so I'll have to do it tomorrow when I get back on that computer.

Haha this tank seems to be all the rage lately!

Welcome to the 12 gallon club!

Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Haha, I'll have to go check out yours. It is a great tank for sure.

Deleted User 6

I love John M and all, but that stuff still could have dead organics in the cracks and crevices. If nothing else I'd give it a good rinse down with a hose or pressure washer.

Alrighty so here is my plan for the stand and tanks. 2 displays - 12 gallon on top with a standard 5 gallon for the mantis and macro's. Then a 10 gallon sump plumbed up to both tanks.

This is going to be peninsula style. I thought that would be the best way to display this tank.

tank.png

tankopendoor.png

This is just the design so there might be some changes when it comes down to building it. Let me know what you think.

Crackerballer

Looks good, but I would put your access panel for the 5 gallon on the same side as the door to the sump so you access the longer side of the tank.

Yea I was thinking that, but in order to pull off the overhang I need to have a complete brace running under the whole 12 gallon. If i wanted to add a door I would have to move the 5 gallon and sump down, which I might end up doing anyway.

So there was a small chip on the top of one of the panes of the tank. I emailed marine depot and they filed a claim with the shipping company and shipped me a new one which I should be getting at the begining of next week.

Providing the shipping company doesnt take the time out to pick up the chipped tank I get to keep it! I'm trying not to get my hopes up about keeping it but it would be a lot easier to put a false wall in the old 12L and baffle the rest as a sump. fingerscrossed

Don't worry about your floor. It looks good so far, and I'm sure it's going to be as clean as your planned set up.

I like the nice and simple rock work you have. The 5gal mini-display for macros and a mantis is going to be fun to show off.

Can't wait to see these plans in action.

Archived