inTank Media Baskets

Coralife 20" PC to LED retro More Q's

FishOnTheBrainCoral

FishOnTheBrainCoral

So now I have some short going into the heat sink and three of the LEDs are not working... hope I didn't fry them.. I have it all apart again. I plug it in and I can feel a low voltage buzz on my fingers when I tough the heatsink. I think I am going to end up re soldering all the LEDs again and test the ones in question individually on a batt.

FishOnTheBrainCoral

All set up tuning up the power. Trying some different settings as well.

SANY0053-1.jpg

SANY0054-1.jpg

SANY0055-1.jpg

SANY0056-1.jpg

SANY0058-1.jpg

SANY0059-1.jpg

SANY0060.jpg

I thought I would throw these up why I am bored and waiting on my LED to come in mail for the ones I burnt up.

I plan on being a little more diligent about making sure there are no shorts to the heatsink this time.

One other problen I am having is with the dimmer switch it only goes down to about 30% and cuts off. I am hoping it was cause of the short. I dont think it is. I should get what I need in the mail today and finish it up. Then I will post some pics of it up and running on the tank. It was so depressing to get it 99% done and burn some shiz up. I will actually use my multi meter to check cont. to the sink and such before I fire it up this time. enjoy this pics. I will also get some pics up of how it is mounted into the hood as well next time.

FishOnTheBrainCoral

I just got them in the mail, now its time to get started again. I had the thermal pads but they didn't want to lay down well with the way I drilled the holes for the wires to come trew the heat sink. Should be done here pretty quick. Anyone know the reason for the dimmer not going all the way down before cutting out?

I will get pics up soon!

FishOnTheBrainCoral

The first 3 pics are of the setup on tank with the exact same settings to get an idea. I would have done a better set of pics but I cant find my charger to my good, well better anyways camera.

The last ones is with the whites and blues with the white balance adjusted. It is pretty tough to get good pics compared to my other tank. Hoping to get the other camera going so I can mess with the exposure a bit for the blue shots.

back to the build.. I still cant get the dimmer to go lower then about 30% without shutting off completely.

I was hoping to get away with out a fan but I think because it is so tight in the fixture I think I will hook it up. probably just go to 9v instead of 12v to make it easy..just run it off the wall wart. For now I it running a fan off a 12v supply just resting over the openings on one side.

To mount it into the fixture I drilled and tapped the sink for a 10-24 3/4" machine screw right into the plastic on the side of it. I did 4 but after installing it I realized that the front two were more then enough once tightened up. I also drill a the top back corners on each side to mount the pots and put nice little nob's on them. Ill get some pics of all of this tomorrow.

Whites & Blues..

SANY0073.jpg

All whites

SANY0074.jpg

All Blues

SANY0072.jpg

W & B with adjusted white ballance.. close to what it looks like..just a bit more blue

SANY0077.jpg

FishOnTheBrainCoral

What would be the best way to aclimate with this light? if I turn it down to 30% and go from there can I do like 10% a day, every otherday, or a week?

• 4 weeks later...
FishOnTheBrainCoral

New question..

I was thinking of picking up 1-red & 1-cyan or UV maybe both..

with that what would be the best driver to put each of those on? I can put them all on one if that is the better idea cause I only am running 7 per right now. Just not sure what would be the best way to be able to control the spectrum as much as possible.

Thanks all!

• 3 months later...

Archived