Cultivated Reef

Mojo~ goes Nano with a Red Sea Max 34

mojo~

Well I decided to downsize as its been a tough year for our family. Plus we are having a baby. So I have decided to sell off my miracles rimless and picked up a 34g Red Sea Max from a local reefer.

The tank is used and came with a stand, tank, old bulbs and a older 9002 skimmer.

Right off the bat the pump was bad on the skimmer so I replaced it. I picked up 2 new return pumps, added the surface skimmer from the 130 series, Got the inTank media rack and collection cup for the tunze.

I put in a ATO from autotopoff.com and have a water line coming over from my RO unit. All hidden. It goes through the DI mounted in the stand into a little container. Then I use Bulk reef supply 50ml per min dosing pump to pump the water up. So far so good. I replaced the old bulbs with new ones and added two Blue stunner strips. All good upgrades. I really like the LED's. I ll try to get some pics up here really soon. So far the tank is running a long well. getting some microbubbles but ill give it some time.

So far stock list is

fish

3 chromis

1 flame hawk

1 katherines wrasse

Tons of coral.

softies, LPS, and sps.

I am open to any suggestions for other upgrades. My magnet for mounting my skimmer will be here later this week along with my Vortech mp10es.

More to come pics too. New to NAno-reef but doing this for a while now. Many might know me as the skimmer guy on other sites like rc or r2r.

Well just like to say hi, and let me know what else I can do. Had the RSM for about 2 weeks.

AS I get things finsihed up ill take some more pics of the setup. Not much different than most I am sure. THe top off is pretty slick. As my ATO has its own ATO :) I never fill it. So that is kind of cool. Will have the Vortech mp10 es in another day or two. And I am still not sold on the color of the lights. I like a crisp white/blue look. Running two new stock red sea bulbs with 2 led blue stunner strips. The strip do help. Might have to add a couple more . we will see.

More to come.

Mojo~

jfarabaugh

My concern with hooking the RO up to the ATO directly is that an RO system needs to run for a few minutes before it supplies anything near 0 TDS. when I start mine up the TDS is around 100 and drops very fast to 6 (before going to my DI) within about a minute.

Mojo as in RC's skimmer god mojo? who are you mojo...

lol, I guess so, But yes I run the q & a skimmer section there. Well at least I answer the questions. Hope its ok I hang here with my little REd sea max.

Mojo~

My concern with hooking the RO up to the ATO directly is that an RO system needs to run for a few minutes before it supplies anything near 0 TDS. when I start mine up the TDS is around 100 and drops very fast to 6 (before going to my DI) within about a minute.

Understand,

This is why myRO system is under my kitchen sink and is used for our drinking water it is also hooked up to the fridge for water and ice.

The water line is ran through the wall and comes into a BRS DI unit. There is also a check valve so no backflow. It then fill a tiny container under the stand. This works well. I check the TDS with my Hanna digital tds meter and I have 0 tds in the container now. I had to rinse it with DI water a few times but all is good. I had this setup for my large Rimless tank because of all the evaporation.

Works well. I ll take some pics for you all really soon.

Nice corals! Doesn't the sand irritate the bubble?

it hasnt yet. It was on the sand in my 100g miracles tank and it keeps getting bigger.

Haha! welcome then. Sweet setup!

Thanks all. After dinner I ll take a few more pics. I am going to epoxy a few pieces down as the hermits are liking to play bulldozer with them. :)

Thanks all. After dinner I ll take a few more pics. I am going to epoxy a few pieces down as the hermits are liking to play bulldozer with them. :)

Couple more pics

P1020690.jpg

P1020691.jpg

P1020692.jpg

P1020694.jpg

P1020695.jpg

P1020703.jpg

Archived