Pod Your Reef

eksblenny's ADA 24x18x18 30G Tank

eksblenny

Congrats on the photo of the month. I was showing my wife some of your pictures and she was blown away...aka I think I convinced her I need some coral soon :)

Beautiful blue merle aussie. I have a 3yr old Mini Aussi that is a blue merle/red tri mix. Incredible companions!!

-Adam

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phi delt reefer

I'll trade a wife, two kids (3 and 1 - one is potty trained) a 1500sqft home and everything else i own for your living room as is. You can keep your snakes/spiders - though my daughter does kill bugs quite regularly.

Congrats man - you have an eye for quality bro!

New tank pic taken today. Not much change at all.

Untitled-2-6.jpg?t=1286411897

My new light setup (with the Aqua Blue Special removed (so one socket is empty).

IMG_6463.jpg?t=1286416575

New tank pic taken today. Not much change at all.

Untitled-2-6.jpg?t=1286411897

My new light setup (with the Aqua Blue Special removed (so one socket is empty).

IMG_6463.jpg?t=1286416575

Po

Omg!!! Your scape is hands down the most amazing I have ever seen! Lol you ftw shot on pg2 is my background on my phn! Simple yet so elegant! Question btw, why do you have a big @ss tv and a projector? Not that am against it just thought id ask?

those fuzz can either be two things IME, its either a bacterial growth, or chrysophytes. both of which went away in time. I experienced both in my old set up.

Those fuzz can either be two things IME, its either a bacterial growth, or chrysophytes.

Hey thanks! I checked and it looks very much like that Chrysophytes!

What fixture were you running with the LED's?

It was a discontinued Solaris i5 lighting system, their newest model before they went kaput.

Question btw, why do you have a big @ss tv and a projector? Not that am against it just thought id ask?

I work for Techbargains.com, I get good deals on alot of tech stuff, I love movies and games =)

That's cool, I can't wait to buy my house am gana have a projector as well to play my video games in my man cave! do you happen to play call of duty modern warfare 2 on ps3? Cuz if you do lol!

Hands down, one of the best FTS i've seen in a long time! Your tank really is coming along great. Just wondering though, did you use an epoxy to hold the rock to the back glass so the weight doesn't tip it over?

Did you use an epoxy to hold the rock to the back glass so the weight doesn't tip it over?

Nope, the rock does not touch the back or sides of the tank. Every rock is connected to each other with acrylic rods. Before I put the rock in the tank I drilled a hole straight through each rock and basically inserted a skeleton of rods. If you see in the top down photo, you can see how the end of the arch is connected to the rock below with a black acrylic rod as well.

FYI guys I will be moving to another place at the beginning of next month. Wish me luck with the move!

In this photo you can see the rod skeleton.

02RockAquascape.jpg?t=1286656865

Outstanding Tank!!!

Thanks for the compliment! The tank is doing well and I am happy to say that the fuzzy algae is over 75% gone! It is going away very rapidly. I will take a new FTS sometime this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Well my tank has been running for 2.5 months now. 99.99% of the furry algae and green algae is now gone except on the frag rack and a tiny bit at the return.

I have added no new corals since before. Some minor changes:

(1) I moved the scoly from the back of the tank to the front left

(2) I moved my green litho plate and yellow fungia plate to the back (was bleaching out in the front area)

(3) One of my blue carpet anemones decided to park itself in the back of the tank

Some new pics:

Untitled-1-8.jpg?t=1289075748

IMG_6630.jpg?t=1289075876

IMG_6636.jpg?t=1289075957

Looking awesome. Love the look of this tank, especially the rock scape :D

Thanks alot! Hopefully it will look even better once the corals have grown over.

• 3 months later...

Wow I haven't updated this thread in forever. Many things have happened since...

So I bought a loft condo across the bay and had to move my tank. During the process, unfortunately, I lost most of my SPS corals. However, most of them were still small frags so I wasn't too bummed about it. All of my LPS corals and my big ol' clam survived. I had three fish, orchid dottyback, clownfish, and chromis. As you can see in the pics only the dottyback and clownfish survived.

I turned the two rocks on the bottom right so that there was more middle space and less side space. I also moved the vortechs to the back wall because they were a serious eyesore. I added a new scoly, yellow torch, and a regular red chalice on the bottom. The rest of the corals are the same. On the top, since I had to recolonize, I populated with some random SPS and zoanthid frags that I received from local reefers.

During my last month at the old place I added a piece of dead rock from a tank that had previously been overcome with bubble and hair algae. I thought everything was completely gone but I guess not. It is hard to see in the photo but I am still battling it, although the worst is over.

The setup is a little mismatched since I have large sized established corals and carpets on the bottom and teeny frags up top, but I hope that will change as the frags grow out.

Final note, the purplish blue color of the tank is accurate. I am running 1 Fiji Purple, 1 ATI Purple Plus, and 2 ATI Blue Plus.

Some new FTS!!

IMG_7556.jpg

tank1.jpg

Archived