Coral Vue Hydros

12 Gallons of scratches

devmasa

The evaporation is crazy for this tank...I am topping off almost 5 gallons of RODI water every week.

Its no fun carry a gallon of RODI water to work everyday <_<

The evaporation is crazy for this tank...I am topping off almost 5 gallons of RODI water every week.

Its no fun carry a gallon of RODI water to work everyday <_<

You sure you dont have a leak? ;) I have my BC14 topless with MH and I barely go through 2 gallons per week.

You sure you dont have a leak? ;) I have my BC14 topless with MH and I barely go through 2 gallons per week.

I guess you have your MH 12" above the tank...thats one reason

I have modified the hood to have 3* 24 w PC lights and added two extra fans which point directly into the tank causing a lot of evaporation.

..I should still check for any leaks though

I guess you have your MH 12" above the tank.

I have modified the hood to have 3* 24 w PC lights and added two extra fans which point directly into the tank causing a lot of evaporation.

..I should still check for any leaks though

Its closer to the water now, 9" above the waterline. Before I got my chiller, I had a clip on fan blowing across the water and it still didnt increase my evaporation that much. I was maybe going through 2 gallons a week.

hmm..I have heard of leaking issues with older nanocubes.

I will surely check for any leaks now...

..on a side note does anyone know of a portable RODI unit? I have a "mighty mite" unit at home..is there anything smaller than that?

or any quick disconnect fittings that can be added for regular sink faucets?

Disaster !! :angry:

I was moving some rocks to find a fallen frag...couple minutes later when I checked back on the tank,

it had started leaking water from the bottom.I was really worried cause : 1) this tank is in my office and

2) There was a lot of electrical stuff around.

Luckily I had two 5 gallon buckets in which I transferred all the contents of the tank.I brought everything home and the whole mess is sitting in a 10 gallon tank now.

I lost most of my snails overnight, a frag of candy canes, my galaxea frag,clove polyps colony.

The zoas are all closed since I transferred them.I am hoping that I don't lose them.

I am absolutely bummed..the tank was maturing so well and everything was growing like crazy and now this.

Crikey! I was following along. I have an older used 12g that I bought from a guy for $30.00 It's an older OG model, that I've been planning on modding. I guess I need to fill it up and check for leaks before I keep planning any further.

Crikey! I was following along. I have an older used 12g that I bought from a guy for $30.00 It's an older OG model, that I've been planning on modding. I guess I need to fill it up and check for leaks before I keep planning any further.

Yes..definitely check for leaks on the older nanocubes.

My tanks evap is like that too, I add water every day

well now r.i.p. evaporation. -_-

Archived