Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

mxpro32 nano cube 12g

mxpro32

This is my newest foray into nano-reefing. I had a minibow 7 and a 28 gallon bowfront from 01-2006. Both crashed inexplicably and I had to take some time off. Now I'm back with a renewed enthusiasm (addiction?). I find reefing therapeutic. I started my first tanks when my parents were getting divorced, and I started this tank after my mom and brother died almost a year ago.

FTS 5-24-10

IMG_0860.jpg

electrical organization box

tank007.jpg

tank008.jpg

aquaticlife 115 skimmer with slimmed down skimmer cup

skimmer001.jpg

skimmer002.jpg

Specs

Tank:Nano cube 12g

Pump: Rio 800

Powerhead: Koralia nano 425 gph

Heater: Stealth pro 100w

Protein skimmer: aquaticlife 115

Lighting: LED/power compact 7 cree cw, 7 cree rb, 1 uv led (shorted the rest out)

Custom DIY media basket running chemipure elite, purigen, poly-filter, and filter floss

JBJ auto top-off hooked to aqualifter

Livestock:

Hector's goby

Percula clown

Cleaner shrimp

Corals: Mixed

Dosing:

B-ionic

Parameters:

specific gravity: 1.026

Temp: 81

Nitrate: usually 0 sometimes up to 10

PH: 8.3-8.4

Calcium: 440

Alkalinity: 11 dkh

Thank you. I started a cnc router manufacturing company about 3 years ago, so I used the cnc in my shop to make the box. I really wanted something simple and clutter free. It's nice for turning pumps off for feeding as well.

Its a brilliant Idea that I may have to try and emulate, although I am not lucky enough to own a cnc machine. Im sure the lighting side is fun to play with too.

Do you also have your lights on a timer or do you do it all manually?

They are on a timer, but I can also turn them off individually at the box. I also have my dimmer pot on the top of the control box.

• 1 month later...

WOW!! Great tank and excellent diy work. My old man works for Haas CNC's race team, those machines are awesome.

just curious does the skimmer sit inside of your tank with the hood closed?

Yeah, it all fits under the hood. The water level is dropped in the second and third chamber so the skimmer can sit low.

WOW!! Great tank and excellent diy work. My old man works for Haas CNC's race team, those machines are awesome.

Thanks. I took a tour of the haas plant for a college group project. that place is huge.

Archived