Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

John's 44g Cube milli garden

JohnOTS

Picked up more equipment today... :D

I am tired of wondering what the phosphate levels are in my tanks so....

reactorDry.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The transfer is complete! Everything is looking great, my leopard wrasse buried herself immediately once acclimated and put in the tank. I will be on edge until she comes out and eats... :scarry:

Mystery wrasse is loving it, exploring everything.

I will be testing, testing, and testing for probably a month. I normally don’t rush things like this but other factors made me do it.

pictures to come...

44FTSDay1.JPG

44FTSsideDay1.JPG

what did you use to mount your par38? I never got mine quite right.. nice set up too!!!

Thanks!

That is the only thing I have not figured out yet. I plan on using my TEK T5 fixture plus the two par's. Thinking some kind of modified light tree.

good stuff

Thanks Bro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made the jump to the metal halides!

Wow I love that shimmer! I sure hope the new light don't bleach anything out...

What bulb did you go with.

The tank looks really nice, nice diversity color wise. :)

Thanks!

So far I really like the hamilton 20K but I really don't have much to compare it to...

ahhh i want a leopards wrasse so bad. the one i got never made it. i love yours :wub:

Thanks!

I just go lucky with this one, I have had her for almost 2 years. I have a close friend who has went through 5 and all died!

I just added my third and final fish, a yellow corris wrasse. My leopard is beating up on the new corris pretty bad, I hope it makes it.

It is really clear that my leopard runs the show!

Very nice tank. Love all the corals.

Thanks!

as you can probably tell, some of my tank pictures look great and some just plainly suck! Whenever my pops comes to visit he brings me his SLR to take photos of the tank. The rest are taken with my simple point and shoot, which I have yet to master!

Well, I officially DO NOT regret changing over to MH. I already see an improvement in coral color! My rose milli is starting to look like it should, same goes for my frogskin...

Are you using the Par38 lights as supplement still?

No I decide to go with a Hamilton Cebu Sun fixture. I am so glad I did, I love the look of the MH.

And to top it off, I haven't noticed an increase in my tank temperature at all. Actually my tank ran hotter with my TEK T5 fixture, because it was open with no fans.

• 1 month later...
What is that red brain on the left called?

Not to sure, I think it is just a lobo brain. It has probably doubled in size since I bought it.

• 4 months later...

Archived