John's 44g Cube milli garden

JohnOTS

After some research it looks like I will be going with Fiji pink. :D

Tanks will be done tomorrow! fingerscrossed

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice setup. I like your stand a lot.

Thanks! That stand was alot of work, I still need to build a shelf for all the electronics. Then I can get some water in these suckers! :D

Is the overflow clear?

errr, yeah it is.

We (me and 2 other friends) haggled him about it already :D It will disappear in about a year once the coraline grows over it :P

Is the overflow clear?

Yeah, I don’t know what the hell john at Advance Acrylic was thinking...

He said the back would be painted black. I am not to upset with it, it will be purple eventually. :D

Honestly I am not too impressed with John's work at all. It has a decent sized chip on the overflow, the overflow is clear and all the seams have bubbles. If I took the time to check it out I probably wouldn’t have taken it home. BUT, in reality what could I do? If I asked him to fix it or make a new tank I probably wouldn't see another one for 2 more months... or ever! I can clearly say that I would never go to AA for a tank again. Oh, yea and some of the features of my sump he promised weren’t included...

Yeahh really what was he thinking! I'm sorry to see that man! Guess I can't recommend AA anymore....bummer.

I'd suggest though getting some black savko pvc... that would make it look a lot better.

Yeahh really what was he thinking! I'm sorry to see that man! Guess I can't recommend AA anymore....bummer.

I'd suggest though getting some black savko pvc... that would make it look a lot better.

Yea, I guess we get what we pay for in this hobby. As long as it doesnt leak I am ok. I will rig something up to cover up the overflow, probably slide thin black acrlyic down inside to cover it up.

Other than those little issues... I am happy and excited to get this thing cycled. Going to take a much different aproach with this tank. simple, simple, simple...

Yea, I guess we get what we pay for in this hobby. As long as it doesnt leak I am ok. I will rig something up to cover up the overflow, probably slide thin black acrlyic down inside to cover it up.

Other than those little issues... I am happy and excited to get this thing cycled. Going to take a much different aproach with this tank. simple, simple, simple...

just ask john, just ask :P

estreetplastics.com

https://www.estreetplastics.com/Black_Plexi...Sheets_s/75.htm

Beautiful tank and stand and the sump looks awesome!

It looks like some sand was spilling over into the return section?

Beautiful tank and stand and the sump looks awesome!

It looks like some sand was spilling over into the return section?

Thanks!

The sand I used is pretty small and the sump water level was low for a while letting some sand flow into the return chamber. Once the sand gets a good coat of algae on it it shouldn't happen anymore. I still have to dial everything in.

Skimmer in action!!!

random.JPG

here are some shots of one of the milli towers, without the millies :D

Rock1.JPG

Rock2.JPG

Here is a sneak preview of some of the corals going in this new tank, these are in my current RSM tank. Pretty much anything that isnt a millipora will be for sale.

coralReflection.JPG

So after running it now for 8 days I have tested for the last 4 days straight and suprizingly to me.... All three are reading zero.... :huh: Is it possible to not have a cycle???

Guess I will give it another two days and if the numbers are still zero... moving all the livestock over. :D

Moved over a couple of my Milli's and some more rock from my current system. Going with the two island look, going to keep minimum rock in this display.

RockScape.JPG

RockScape2.JPG

Probably going to give it one more week, then move the rest of my livestock over. :)

Arkayology

Are the millporas you moved over opening up at all? I would be careful with your params. Watch em closely. I look forward to see how your fuzzy stick garden comes along.

Are the millporas you moved over opening up at all? I would be careful with your params. Watch em closely. I look forward to see how your fuzzy stick garden comes along.

yea they are fully extended, they look very healthy. I have been and wil be testing my params daily for about month. So far all params are textbook perfect.

Archived