Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DSA neo-nano rimless 34g

nikeSB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for posting this up. I'm fascinated by these tanks and yours looks great.
LOVE that green acan
tank looks great! I think i may have to pick one of these up.

thanks guys

Hey, those mangroves! Are they in your overflow box?

yehp they are there for now. ive got a shop light on them right now. whenever im not lazy ill move them to the sump and add the lighting there.

i will soon enough, im waiting for a new camera and gonna pack up the tank with some filter floss to remove some debris

Nice. Any updated FTS?

IMG_1462.jpg

6-6-10

still learning how to use this camera. still a bit cluttered in the tank as well

• 2 weeks later...
victornator333

I am seriously looking into buying one of these from marine depot(none of of lfs seem to carry it). What did u pay for the tank and how are u suspending the lighting? i am considering a few par38's above it

I am seriously looking into buying one of these from marine depot(none of of lfs seem to carry it). What did u pay for the tank and how are u suspending the lighting? i am considering a few par38's above it

i paid 250 for the tank and did not get the whole set up because i didnt like the design of the stand at all. im only using a 4x24w t5 right now and its using legs. i will be building a light rack using conduit piping and hanging a 6x24w t5.

• 2 weeks later...

pics finally! been learning the t1i and i think im starting to get it down

IMG_1926.jpg

flaming rainbows and eagle eyes

IMG_1920.jpg

purple hornets from ncra been about 2 weeks now since i've had them

IMG_1924.jpg

either aogs or devils armor

IMG_1919.jpg

Toxic Lava People Eaters, definately one of my favorites

IMG_1931.jpg

acropora suharsonoi

IMG_1930.jpg

pink montipora digitata

IMG_1913.jpg

bleached red planet finally starting to get some color back

IMG_1898.jpg

pink birdsnest with green growth tips!

IMG_1918.jpg

acropora turaki

IMG_1911.jpg

blue bottle brush

IMG_1899.jpg

forest fire digitata that lost its green :[

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

pearlberry

IMG_1882.jpg

acropora macrostoma

IMG_1902.jpg

this was brown when i got it and this is how much its colored up in 3 weeks

thanks

the stand was a pain because its hard to find good straight wood locally. if i had all the tools it wouldve been much easier to do everything though

Tank looks great, 2 questions

1) Does the waterfall create a lot of evaporation?

2) What was the problem with the stock stand that made you decide to build your own?

2) What was the problem with the stock stand that made you decide to build your own?

I'd be interested in knowing this as well.

I have a friend who has just the tank avail. for $200, no stand or sump.

Trying to decide if it would be a good idea to get it.

What do you like?

What don't you like?

What would you change if you could?

This tank is effing hard as nails....nice job man

Thanks! B)

Thanks, I'm losing about half a gallon of water a day from evaporation so its nothing too bad. The waterfall hits the top of the display water very calmly creating no splash or anything. The problem with the stock stand is that it was much too low for me. This tank was designed with the thought of having a look down tank so the stock stand was very low. It was also not the design I wanted; I wanted something much more modern. It was also hella expensive, somewhere around 350 with a discount

I'd be interested in knowing this as well.

I have a friend who has just the tank avail. for $200, no stand or sump.

Trying to decide if it would be a good idea to get it.

What do you like?

What don't you like?

What would you change if you could?

The main thing I love about the tank is that its unique. You don't see many of them out there. What I dont like is the small holes near the bottom of the waterfall that is supposed to create a current inside the tank. I am using an mp10 so I have no use for it. These holes push the sand away and gets annoying if you have sand in the display. To counter this, I had to scape around the holes to block the flow from the sand. If I could do it all over again, I would go barebottom with the tank. I would also go with a mag5 instead of a mag7. I had to add a pvc elbow to the return bulkhead to aim the flow downwards so that the waterfall had a calm fall

Wow "this was brown when i got it and this is how much its colored up in 3 weeks"

Thanks great, which additives ? light ?.

Actually the only thing I put in my tank is calcium and alk. Other than that, the only change I've made is switching to Tropic Marin Bio-Actif salt. I'm using a Current 4x24w unit with the following combo

ATI Blue+

ATI Aquablue Special

Aquascience 22000k

ATI Blue+

wow your so close and your tank is great.. you should come check out some of the new stuff i got... btw the candlelight is looking good in your tank!

Archived