Coral Vue Hydros

ADA 60-F

gabe_j

chucktdbm321

ah the 12k from wavepoint. I have two of them in my fixture i love them man their colors are really nice especially with their blue waves. You'd be surprised with those bulbs for how cheap they are. Im picking up another blue wave and a reefwave ( a 460 and a 420)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah thats them i got the sun wave, and i already had a geismann actinic +

oh and heres a better pic of that anemone i wasn't sure of its id finally got a good shot of it with its mouth showing.

chucktdbm321

nice yea ive been reseaching on the wavepoint products, and there really isnt anything besides good stuff but the products are quite new still. Their fixtures def need a fan mod tho

sorry man i didn't realize that didn't load right.

4673388279_a473cae2e8_b.jpg

would you haappen to have a PAR reading on those wave point bulbs?

4674032690_0ab88efcf8_b.jpg

4674031634_854ff08b14_b.jpg

4674030734_01565dedf6_b.jpg

4674029952_1c0cbe22b6_b.jpg

4673404389_830c60aa3e_b.jpg

whats up with his mouth? it wasn't like that before and all of a sudden i noticed this.

4674023172_118beb3a56_b.jpg

4674020564_117de45795_b.jpg

4673397729_c3564ddcbf_b.jpg

4673396761_7669a4ab35_b.jpg

4674017954_7ea1227e5a_b.jpg

this anemone recently got kinda pissed and moved a good 3 or 4 inches away closer to the light

4673389257_0442644fbc_b.jpg

and does anyone know what these white ring looking things are?

4673388279_a473cae2e8_b.jpg

thanks for looking just thought i need to post some updates. sorry for not having the greatest quality and balance but my desk top needs a new mother board, so i'm outta pocket for using my cs4.

4674017314_130620ef05_b.jpg

chucktdbm321

white ring things are spiro.. something they are good tho. And i don't have actually readings for the wavepoint and im still looking for them i just heard they were good and i have them as the stock bulbs to my fixture. BTW your red zoas are awesome

thanks dude i got that 20 pack from mr. coral, and it came with valentine's day massacres they are a super bright orange!

ok i'm debating getting a k nano the 420 version, my question is would it be too much flow in one direction? or would i be better running a 250 across the middle of my tank and using my rio 600 to push the water around the back toward the k-nano? i'd still be in the same neighborhood of about 450gph but 1 way, or 1 on either end making turbulent current

Paleoreef103
ok i'm debating getting a k nano the 420 version, my question is would it be too much flow in one direction? or would i be better running a 250 across the middle of my tank and using my rio 600 to push the water around the back toward the k-nano? i'd still be in the same neighborhood of about 450gph but 1 way, or 1 on either end making turbulent current

I'd say go for the 420 version. That kind of water movement isn't as much as you think and when you have it over a 24" length you'll be fine.

ok now should i completely take out the rio600 or stick it behind the big rock on the left and aim it along the back toward the right i tend to build up snail poo in the rubble i keep piled up in the back right corner

chucktdbm321

yea good choice on going with the 400 k nano youd be surpirsed how much flow you can have especially with bare bottom. I have 2 k1s and 1 k nano that pushes the detritus to one corner that i siphon it out of

wow that a ton of flow! for 15 gallons what is that working out to 100x the volume in your tank hourly? lol.

well thats one of the reasons i was wanting more turnover. i've got a slow spot not dead just slow and snail poo likes to hang out on the far left side of my big piece of LR. i'm thinking if i get that 400k nano and the rio 600 in the opposite corner along with my HOB i can push about 700gph around that tank that would put me in the neighborhood of about 80x turnover hourly. giving me enough flow to keep everything suspended all the time, hopefully.

fiddly_foo

I love these shallow water tanks that's my next upgrade I'm gonna do I want a 30"x24"x12" with a bare bottom or a shallow bed with blk white sand mix... with a few Lr island's in the middle a lagoon type system. But nice def. need a top on the shallow tank's .. Looks great good luck

hey thanks man. that sounds like some interesting dementions. i really like the bare bottom setup alot. i was having too many issues with sand.

my next upgrades will probably be more flow and a canister filter to get rid of that hob. running some chemipure elite, and rubble. still debating if i want floss in the canister only because that will mean i'll have to change it out at least every other week. if not once a week. then again theres always the possibility of trying to cut a wall out of the canister and replacing it with thick acrylic and using it as a refugium, still alot of idea bouncing around in my head.

chucktdbm321

Yea its prob around there lol. hey gabe with the flow i have it so my one corner behind some lr is slower on purpose because since its back there all the detritius hangs there so ill baste the hell out of the rocks and then let on the detritus get suspended and let it settle. Once the detritus settles it follows flow to the one corner and then I get airline tubing and siphon it all out. Really easy clean up and then its not getting stuck on your rocks you know.

yeah thats pretty similar to what i do. i turn off my HOB and just leave the main pump on. blast everything and then "sweep" it into a corner and siphon. dude do you ever get your bottom completely clean? theres always some ditrus on mine.

chucktdbm321

lol i dont think its possibly man. Mine looks like it is but its hidden behind a big piece in the corner. Kinda like someones basement, there house looks spic and span clean but then the basement is horrible lol

DimePieceReef

Wow I really like your tank gabe! Im not sure what 60-F means..but how many gallons is your tank? I assume that it being 24x12x7 it's a 15 gallon right? I have a 24'' fixture and Im really digging the rimless long look.

Wow I really like your tank gabe! Im not sure what 60-F means..but how many gallons is your tank? I assume that it being 24x12x7 it's a 15 gallon right? I have a 24'' fixture and Im really digging the rimless long look.

thanks man, a 60-F is a ADA model number, i'm not sure what it means but i love my tank! its a bit over 1/2 that i'm about 8.75 gallons. you should totally go rimless i love the look.

DimePieceReef
thanks man, a 60-F is a ADA model number, i'm not sure what it means but i love my tank! its a bit over 1/2 that i'm about 8.75 gallons. you should totally go rimless i love the look.

Wow! It's seems so much bigger. It is 24 inches wide though rite? If so I might just scoop one up myself and do a transfer. :D Where did you get it from?

aquarium design group in houston. i paid out 90 for it. and don't regret a dime of it. i think its 60cmX30cmX18cm i think either way its almost 24"x12"x7" you should totally get one i think only 3 or 4 other members have this tank. i wanna get ADA's 90 gallon it looks amazing!

Archived