Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

40B Black sand Acan and torch heavy reef.

boosted chemist

boosted chemist
That bites! Sorry to hear... Keep us posted.

How are those awesome acans doing?

Ok just got back from a 4 day conferences, man the algea is back, I should have some decent shots tomorrow. Those nice acans are doing really well. I kinda want some colorful zoas and palys to add next. So anyone wanna trade, i have a TON of pink palys.

I will get this tank looking sweet again, that i promise.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boosted chemist
Ok just got back from a 4 day conferences, man the algea is back, I should have some decent shots tomorrow. Those nice acans are doing really well. I kinda want some colorful zoas and palys to add next. So anyone wanna trade, i have a TON of pink palys.

I will get this tank looking sweet again, that i promise.

i need to really get my tank back, teh bryopsis is ####### me off, i did some fragging of my zoas, picked up some new zoas glues my acans, hopefully i will have a couple new shots for you guys. Ill get some of those picks up and maybe some of you would like to trade.

boosted chemist

Got some new shots, spent a good hour cleaning hte tank, scrubbing the glass, pulls as much byropsis as possible. My alk keeps of dropping to 6 dka, and i dose 20ml a day, wft. Any tips on fighting this hair aglae ####?

Last month was terrible, my pc crapped out and my tank was crappy, but i got a mac and the tank is back on track, life is good again.

check out the frag rack, im kinda happy and willing to trade if u guys see anything u like

DSC00010.jpgDSC00011.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpgDSC00001.jpg

boosted chemist

All shots where under just the blue bulbs, Im thinking of trashing my white bulb and getting another blue bulb (pure acinitc?) Also i started reinforcing the bottom cabinet (####ty petco) to prep for a 15g sump. i figure exra water will help stabilize the tank, not to mention the whole HOB think looks too trashy to me anymore.

boosted chemist

So, tank is looking ALOT better today (shots later) still got the algae, but pruning everyday seems to help a ton.

I see i get no love in here lol

So, tank is looking ALOT better today (shots later) still got the algae, but pruning everyday seems to help a ton.

I see i get no love in here lol

Boy, "today" is a looong day...

boosted chemist
Boy, "today" is a looong day...

Lol true, i get alot of my acans from A reef creation and mr coral. The problem is bryopsis, and its kicking my ass. i feel bad tanking ugly pics of this crap.

I just got a salifers alk test and now got my alk up to 13 dkh and its staying there, just started dosing (dumping) kent tech m mag stuff and i havent seen a difference yet. man this stuff sucks...

boosted chemist
keep your head up and working on it

do you have a white balance setting on your camera?

I may, not sure, its a 7 year old sony camera. Im going home for a bit, ill snap some new shots after i do some pruning.

A nice shot of my rainbow acan

tank05072010005.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

you mentioned if I saw something I wanted... :D is that the same one in both pics?

boosted chemist

Yes sir, give me some time, I want to get my bryopisi down cAuse I would feel really bad if u caught it. So I lowered my bio load, traded in the large clown since she was beating up the little clown for months. Got a giessman pure acintic bulb to replace my current white, and a green torch. Talked to the dude at my lfs about my problems, he sugessted vacuuming the sand so I guess ill try that. In other news I haven't seen my bristal worms in a long time.

boosted chemist
Have you tried kents techm to boost the magnesium? Worked well for me.

yup dosing (dumping) it right now.

Also the salfiers alk test is the bomb, i can see why everyone loves them minus the price tag.

boosted chemist
Sweet Acans! :happy:

thanks dude, so the byropsis is almost all gone, next problem: Gelidium. Its that red stringy crap on my big rock to the right, solution : pencil tip urchins, picked up one today started mowing through it. M 10g lab tanks has two medium size hitch hiker urchins, so im going to steal one to make it happen faster.

Also there is some bubble algae and some other hair algae: solution two turbos and two small emeralds, im a bit worried about the crabs when they get bigger, i had a large one that attacked the acans so they will be under close watch. Also did a 5gal change and mounted some acans to larger frag disk. Also i have some zoa frags im going to try to sell, im using the 10g lab tank as a half assed frag tank for now.

boosted chemist

So my temps during the day get up to 82ish, i need a way to cool down my tank, i think im going to mount my sundial up higher to lower the lighting and help the acans puff up. Also maybe loose some algae and make it alot easier to acess.

boosted chemist
So my temps during the day get up to 82ish, i need a way to cool down my tank, i think im going to mount my sundial up higher to lower the lighting and help the acans puff up. Also maybe loose some algae and make it alot easier to acess.

So i built this to hang my sundial, there is extra room incase i move up to a 29 gal, i know blasphemy lol.

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

boosted chemist
Looks good. :happy: How high do you have it up?

total its about 18-20 inches off the sand bed, hopefully my acans will puff out more.

boosted chemist

So my turbo snails have been destroying the geldilum algae along with the sea urcins, new pics soon..

Also picked up a mag 5 pump and pretty soon ready to build a sump, im getting tired of looking at both my aqua clear HOB, time to sump and clean it up.

Archived