Cultivated Reef

40B Black sand Acan and torch heavy reef.

boosted chemist

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boosted chemist
cool tank. Acans are the best. So much fun to feed

thanks dude

And yes acans are a blast. My rainbow ones never put their feelers out unless its pitch black. The other ones have them out durning the day, so sometimes its a PITA to feed the nice ones.

boosted chemist

So I went to lfs, and picked up a sweet blue mushroom along with two decent pieces of green star poly (love them in the LED blue). Also made some mg dosing from lab chemicals, forgot my camera so no new pics, but trsut me its worth the wait. Little clown hides in a cave all day and the minute he exits, bam, big clown is on him. But at night them both swim around. Idk what to do, i feel so bad for the little clown.

i love all of the acans you got in there especially the green ones. just watch where you put those frags of GSP. i thought they were awesome when i got them and put them on a piece of baserock and when they spread and started becoming a nuisance to all of my other corals i got mad and now its hard as hell to take it off.. so just think about what you do with them and maybe just keep them on the sand bed.. but thats just opinion

boosted chemist
i love all of the acans you got in there especially the green ones. just watch where you put those frags of GSP. i thought they were awesome when i got them and put them on a piece of baserock and when they spread and started becoming a nuisance to all of my other corals i got mad and now its hard as hell to take it off.. so just think about what you do with them and maybe just keep them on the sand bed.. but thats just opinion

Oh ok cool, I didnt know. Plus acans are so much cooler imo. I want to pick up another frag today lol :D

boosted chemist

Im disappointed, the flame angel is going back tomorrow, caught him munching my fav acan. The acan looks bad so i covered it with a glass jar that still alows flow but he cant get to it.

Also my clown goby is MIA, not a good week.

GrandpaFeathers

I have a coral beauty in my 50 gal, go check that thread out, they're very pretty. That coral kinda looks like a colt coral to me. Is it soft or hard? Nice acans.

boosted chemist
I have a coral beauty in my 50 gal, go check that thread out, they're very pretty. That coral kinda looks like a colt coral to me. Is it soft or hard? Nice acans.

Thanks man, its a soft coral. My gf tank has a coral beauty, pretty cool fish.

boosted chemist

Chalk bass is still really shy, my pink pagonas seem to be spreading like weeds, i need to frag them and trade (HINT HINT WHO WANTS TO TRADE LOL) Other than that everything is fine. I just tore down my cichlid tank at lab since my favorite flowerhorn died, really a cool fish. So i took my ten gal and some extra crap and im setting up a 10g at my lab, cool right? Picked up a 24x2 current usa t5 for 35 bucks so it should be intresting.

My rainbow acans are having a hard time growing/recovering any tips on getting them nice?

boosted chemist
Very nice! can you get a shot under daylights?

ask and you shall receive

tank050710001.jpg

tank050710003.jpg

tank050710005.jpg

tank050710006.jpg

And the one that is kinda bleached

tank050710008.jpg

ALSO

Got a frag pack of some blue purple acan coming from mrcoral

P4260544_resized2.jpg

P4260537_resized2.jpg

P4260548_resized2.jpg

P4260550_resized2.jpg

FREE DRAGON SOUL!!

P4260552_resized2.jpg

boosted chemist

When is big too big? I found a bristle worm crawling in my display front that measured 11.5 inches

boosted chemist

Got my new coral from mrcoral. Look good, im sure they need a couple days to spread out, but im happy.

Damn does anyone read this thing or am i talkign to myself lol

hey man I know the feeling!

That worm is retarded huge. I had one worm that for some random reason was swimming around the tank (this one can eat corals), and I cut it in half and netted up the two parts. Also, nice acans .. I'd LOVE to have a rainbow.

boosted chemist
hey man I know the feeling!

That worm is retarded huge. I had one worm that for some random reason was swimming around the tank (this one can eat corals), and I cut it in half and netted up the two parts. Also, nice acans .. I'd LOVE to have a rainbow.

I know that worm is cool, i got my new mr coral corals. i love them maybe some pics later. Also my clownfish are fighting up a storm (well more or less one is getting owned bad).

any help is appreciated

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=236965

Im also thinking of upgrading my sundial t5 bulbs to add a purple and white instead of hte pure white. IMO the white over powers everything, and i find my rainbow cant be in direct light or they bleach.

I know that worm is cool, i got my new mr coral corals. i love them maybe some pics later. Also my clownfish are fighting up a storm (well more or less one is getting owned bad).

any help is appreciated

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=236965

Im also thinking of upgrading my sundial t5 bulbs to add a purple and white instead of hte pure white. IMO the white over powers everything, and i find my rainbow cant be in direct light or they bleach.

I don't know much about T5's but I for sure appreciate a more blue tint in my tank as well. I noticed that my corals don't really enjoy it overly when the spectrum is more on the white side. As soon as I creep into the bluer zones everything seems a lot happier. I really don't imagine my experience with LEDs relates to T5s heh, but I thought I'd share.

Also, good luck with the clowns.. my clown keeps picking on my Molly which I expect will stop eventually. The issue they are having is that they feed on the same water level and compete ... they'll get over it. Not sure about yours though!

boosted chemist
I don't know much about T5's but I for sure appreciate a more blue tint in my tank as well. I noticed that my corals don't really enjoy it overly when the spectrum is more on the white side. As soon as I creep into the bluer zones everything seems a lot happier. I really don't imagine my experience with LEDs relates to T5s heh, but I thought I'd share.

Also, good luck with the clowns.. my clown keeps picking on my Molly which I expect will stop eventually. The issue they are having is that they feed on the same water level and compete ... they'll get over it. Not sure about yours though!

Ya, i just got a kz figi purple, and i love the look alot more. The coral seem to be happy, one of my acans are much larger already.

• 3 weeks later...
boosted chemist
Ya, i just got a kz figi purple, and i love the look alot more. The coral seem to be happy, one of my acans are much larger already.

####

Just got home from 2 weeks vacation and my tank looks like ####. My hammerhead is completely dead wtf? i got a ton of cyano and a bunch of gha. I had a friend do biweekly feedings and top offs. What would kill a hammer so quick? my nitrates are less than 10, i have clowns and chalk bass so i cant imaging anyone eating it... bummer.

I will post pics later and show the damage

boosted chemist
####

Just got home from 2 weeks vacation and my tank looks like ####. My hammerhead is completely dead wtf? i got a ton of cyano and a bunch of gha. I had a friend do biweekly feedings and top offs. What would kill a hammer so quick? my nitrates are less than 10, i have clowns and chalk bass so i cant imaging anyone eating it... bummer.

I will post pics later and show the damage

Just did a 5 gal water change, man im depressed. SO much gha, i pulled alot of it out and my lawnmower blenny bit my hand lol. I pulled most of the cyano out so we will see, i got another 5gal mixing right now, so I really want to get my tank back on track again.

boosted chemist

Ok pulled all the GHA i could, removed the cyano, another 5gal change, new carbon new polyfilter and i added chemipure elite. Alk was low (6dk) so i added more, seems to be doing better, only time will tell.

Archived