ReefCleaners.org

Daleo's Pure Imagination RSM

Daleo

Waterchange with low salinity water (water had been sitting around, and forgot it was low). My salinity dropped from 1.025 to 1.020. All my fish died and my plate coral shed all of its flesh, which caused a cycle.

Pics in the last post are after the crash. It looks even better since my order from Reef Gardener came it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewZealandReefie

What'd you pick up in your order from RG?

Sorry to hear about the crash, that sucks.

I dread something going wrong with my RSM! Although with this hobby it's more the 'When' than the 'If'.

Good to see you're sticking with it, any ideas on the fish you'll go with this time round?

NZR

Lets see the pics with the new corals.

Also are you supplimenting any calcium having the clams? I just picked up a crocea and have been doing some research on that. Im picking up a calcium test kit this week but just getting some opiions.

Looks great and like the new scape!

I have some pics... my DSLR is at school and we're on break.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

I dose a 2-part, and vodka right now. I am having wonderful results using vodka dosing. As far as calcium/alk/magnesium I will soon, but just have to get the money for test kits and dosing. It will end up being around $70, which I am not really eager to blow.

I currently have a midas blenny from saltylife (she is local to me), and I plan to get a clownfish or pair. I am interested in getting naked clowns, or similar. So far I can't find any nifty clownfish in my price range. My LFS has snowflakes for 100, and this one clown I really want. It looks like a platinum/picasso mix!!!! It is also 100... :/

Major picture upload coming... :)

Got everything moved back over from my temporary frag tank, and most stuff is in place. There are some things lying around the sandbed that will be moved later, though.

Green palythoa grandis

DSCN0791-1.jpg

ORA red planet acropora prostrata/ GPE/RDE/ tyree toadstool/eagle eye/magician/ purple with green skirt zoas montage

DSCN0786-2.jpg

Montage from front

DSCN0775-1.jpg

center of tank from above

DSCN0787-2.jpg

Pink palys center/ green palythoa grandis above/ kaleidescope zoas right

DSCN0792-2.jpg

RBTAs

DSCN0793-2.jpg

rainbow monti

DSCN0782-1.jpg

Giant green monti cap

DSCN0781-1.jpg

Pom Pom Xenia/ RDE

DSCN0780-1.jpg

Kaleidoscopes

DSCN0777-1.jpg

Midas Blenny

DSCN0764.jpg

Skimmer cup

DSCN0783-2.jpg

Mandatory FTS :)

DSCN0766-1.jpg

250w sunpod with a pheonix bulb, I rarely feed... maybe 3-4 times a week.

Blenny!!!! still in his hidey hole :) ...sheesh you are starving him compared to me lol...

The tank looks awesome! I'll cut you some stuff soon!

Blenny!!!! still in his hidey hole :) ...sheesh you are starving him compared to me lol...

The tank looks awesome! I'll cut you some stuff soon!

Blenny!!!!!

DSCN0795.jpg

DSCN0797-1.jpg

I had a tailspot blenny that I loved to death, but it died in my tank crash :tears: I wanted another blenny but not another tailspot, because it just wouldn't be the same. So, I got a midas blenny.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE***

Got rid of my 2 RBTAs. I am about this much sad --, and this much happy--------------- lol! They were just taking up too much room...

New Maxi Mini :)

IMG_0076.jpg

Old maxi mini hiding

IMG_0073.jpg

Clownfish pair

IMG_0054-1.jpg

IMG_0055-1.jpg

Magicians looking nice today. Still my fav paly ever!!!

IMG_0082.jpg

Other frags laying around...

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Blenny (Soleil) smiling for the camera

IMG_0087.jpg

BTW I wanna know what you think! Leave me some feedback. It'd be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
NewZealandReefie

Looking good Daleo. You've got some nice corals in there.

How about an update? :P things must have grown out a bit in the last few months.

Nice to see someone else with a mismatched pair of clowns! Love my pair.

• 7 months later...

Looks good Daleo! Nice to see someone in Cola too! I'm about to start up a tank again so if you need to make a few bucks i'll be more than happy to buy some frags off ya :D

Think tank suffered a lot since I last updated. Tank crash, redo, which was never as good as the original, and final FW planted. I miss this tank so much but it looks really good now too. I'll try to get a pic but if you search for my 12" cube tere is a video in the members' tanks area

Archived