inTank Media Baskets

Daleo's Pure Imagination RSM

Daleo

Sorry. Kinda fell of the face of NR lol. Yep stock lighting. Its actually a T5ish light with PC fittings. I had the clam for a long time. Open and happy for months, closed for a day (figured a snail crawled over it and pissed it off), dead the next... :'( Never really got an answer why it died. Doubt it was light honestly. Check out StevieT's RSM. He kept a clam under his lights for longer than I did. I plan on getting the fishneedit 250w MH light very soon. Then I may try another clam once the light is up and running. I'll try and get picks up in the next week.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg<3

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

Pics with the camera from yearbook. Cannon DSLR idk what series, but I like it. Not the best photographer, but I like some a lot. I hope to grow and learn how to take better pics.

Like it?

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Sunpod 250w for this tank. LED was a nice thought, but twice as expensive initially, and building it myself without any straightforward instructions is a little scary. I got this light as a steal. Thank you 562newb for being such a good person as I went through financial trouble, and did not curse me out for what I did to him during the sale.

I will have pictures up as soon as it comes in.

FTS?

Just accidentally made a new rockscape... :/ and a RBTA was added. He is healthy and inflated, so far is staying put... I will get a new FTS when I do pictures for the light :)

• 2 weeks later...

New Coral from MACNA :)

Tyree LE Toadstool

IMG_3032.jpg

Magicians

IMG_3023.jpg

All my other coral

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

And newish anemone. Got it about a week ago. It's a little mad because of the new light I got today...

IMG_3027.jpg

Got a 250w sunpod, but do not have any pictures as my camera died while taking tank pics. Will get a FTS and pictures of the light next time.

• 3 weeks later...

K. I was looking through my thread and noticed some awesome growth tha I didn't believe cuz I see the tank everyday. Check out the growth on these whammin watermelons!

Before:

100_1132.jpg

After:

IMG_0784.jpg

They have grown even more since then. My goal is to have an island COVERED in all kinds of zoas.

New aquascape, and clam

DSCN0442.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0440.jpg

Had this next piece for a while, but could never get a good pic. Easily one of my favorite coral. Rainbow Montipora!!

DSCN0438.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New pics and such :P

Mushroom Garden

DSCN0480.jpg

Dendro and Maxi Mini Carpet

DSCN0479.jpg

New ORA clam. It is really neon. This picture does it no justice!

DSCN0474.jpg

looking great, did you notice a change in coral colors (like your plate coral) going back to brighter colors? i want to upgrade my lighting as well...

Ya corals are responding better to the new light. My monti cap has shown the most improvement. It is now a neon green. My acros would be proliferating but cannot get my nitrates to 0... I am going to get rid of some fish, because my cherub angel is nipping my clam and fighting with my clownfish. My sixline is very calm for a sixline, but all he does it flare up at his reflection all day. My only problem is, I cannot catch the stupid fish!!!!!!! Tried netting, bottle trap, bait, everything! I may remove all the rock, and catch them then, but I don't wanna redo the rockscape.

I want to do a bonsai scape but I don't know how to do it with coral already on the rocks... Any suggestions?

you are gonna have to remove everything to catch it. At least that's what I had to do with trying to catch mine for about 2 months. If you want to re work the aquascape get a dremel and a diamond wheel on it and just cut into the rock under the coral so you can then glue them where you want.. just a thought. It worked well for me. It was an all day job though :/

I want your fungia too btw :)

Got the bonsai scape done. It doesn't look as good as it would by itself, but I like it a lot!!!! Basically I made a large bonsai tree sculpture, placed it in the middle the made a valley in the back with the rest of the rocks. Looks good, will get pics up soon.

K. New aquascape, got rid of the sixline and the cherub angel due to nipping at my clams. I really miss the angel... But I got a tailspot blenny. He is the cutest thing ever!!!! Unfortunately my yasha hashi goby jumped... :( So lots of live stock changes.

Coral:

ORA Purple and green acro

IMG_0902.jpg

ORA Red Planet :D

IMG_0871.jpg

ORA blue bottlebrush

DSCN0498.jpg

Magicians (my favorite zoa/paly in my tank)

IMG_0854.jpg

Anemones:

RBTA

IMG_0843.jpg

Mini Carpet Nem. (just split last week :) )

IMG_0879.jpg

Growth pictures of trumpet coral

Nov 2009

DSCN1511.jpg

Nov 2010

IMG_0877.jpg

New aquascape

DSCN0497.jpg

DSCN0491.jpg

New tailspot blenny

IMG_0900.jpg

Haha! I updated these earlier today. Can't find my new sexies... But they'll show up... Got the magicians from MACNA. Started with 5 adult polyps, now 9 + at least 5 baby polyps. Waiting for them to cover the frag plug, then I'm going to start fragging them.

• 1 month later...

tank crashed and I lost all my fish, sext shrimp, cleaner shrimp, 50% of my plate coral, and some other coral.

after yanking out all the rest of the livestock and putting in quarantine til the cycle was over, this is what I have back so far...

DSCN0649.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

DSCN0654.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived