Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lawnman's Elos Mini RIP

Lawnman

Well finally got the Elos mini and got it setup tonight.This started as a Biocube 29 in May of last year. I decided to go with the Elos mini because I was sick of looking at all the wires and black plastic.The icing on the cake was the sump to hide all the wires.Everything is stock at the moment except for a MP-10.I tossed the skimmer in the garbage and just kept the pump for a back up.The G-1 Maxspect 110watt light is really awesome and clean. Only thing I did not like about the fixture was no moonlights. I changed that with a little DIY moonlight. Now the G-2 fixture is out and has moonlights.The only thing I do not like about this tank is there is no place to put additives and supplies in the stand.I did research this tank alot and asked plenty of members questions. Sushi's thread was really helpful. I did the exact same thing he did with the sump. I removed a small glass divider to make the return chamber larger and flipped the tank 180 degrees. This puts the return chamber in the front and it has easy access.I have had no problems with micro bubbles and the overflow is whisper quiet.

15 Lbs of Fiji Live Rock from my old Bio Cube 29 and some small rubble pieces.

20 Lbs of Live Sand 5lbs of Fiji Pink dry sand

My Dining room during the swap wife wanted to shoot me.

Elos001.jpg

My clowns chillin waiting for there new home.

Elos003.jpg

A few corals

Elos004.jpg

What a cloudy mess

Elos006.jpg

I will update tomorrow with more pictures and details.That is all I have for now. But the light fixture is SHAWEET.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWEETSAUCE!!

that light fixture is pretty awesome i agree. i like the whole hanging deal. also the rimless tank and the stand look sleek!! cant wait to see your corals thriving in there!

Thanks I have put alot of thought into this one in the last year going back and fourth with ideas. Right now everything is just crammed into the sump until tomorrow when I get some more time and rest.

Elos005.jpg

Before the tank showed up I had the light so I put it on my biocube to get a few snap shots with just the blues. Still need to figure out how to take better pictures but you get the idea.

actinics019.jpg

actinics021.jpg

Funny thing is they really glow that much under those blue LED's I am in wub with this fixture.

I think I saw one of those LED fixtures a couple days ago at a frag swap and thought to myself that it would be perfect over a cube, and I've drooled over an elos mini at my LFS on more than one occasion. You, sir, have done a proper setup :)

love it! you bastard!

Thanks, like you don't get you pick of the litter when it comes to the zoas.

@ M'akoy if I could get you tell sell me one of those red hornets it would be complete.LOL

Thanks to all that posted. I will get more pictures when it clears up.

The fence is for 2 rotten chihuahuas.The wife doesn't like them in the dining room.

Well the tank is looking alot better today. Clearing up alot every few hours. I received a couple new items today. Will post up some pictures later of the new zoas and chalice.

you got new zoas today too?? i got some new ones also!! i need to hurry and get this 58 running, i have no more room in my 14 gallon...lol

cant wait to see pics!! i almost got the same setup from CL but the guy was being really shady...lol

Archived