Pod Your Reef

How to set up wavemaker?

brouse6759

I recently bought a 28g Nano Cube HQI and after getting it all set up, I am now stuck on the wavemaker. how in the world do I go about setting this up? It came with the pump and the Ocean Pulse duo wavemaker to those not familiar, and some clear tubing, but zero instructions on what goes where. Any and all help would be awesome. Thanks guys!

ok but my question is how to set it up...what goes where, what plugs into what, and all that good stuff. Once I see how its set up I can improve upon/ alter it to fit my needs. So any pics, suggestions, walkthroughs??? There were literally zero instructions. :unsure:

skimlessinseattle
ok but my question is how to set it up...what goes where, what plugs into what, and all that good stuff. Once I see how its set up I can improve upon/ alter it to fit my needs. So any pics, suggestions, walkthroughs??? There were literally zero instructions. :unsure:

Can't you download a pdf or something from their site? Perhaps call customer service?

skimlessinseattle
Can't you download a pdf or something from their site? Perhaps call customer service?

Hmmm...just looked at JBJ's site. Their pdf downloads are limited to one manual currently, and it's not the wavemaker. Im surprised they only have one manual....wtf?

Ive never seen the pulse in person just looked it up online so correct me if im wrong. but to me it just looks like a dual timer. just plug it in and set the dial??

from what ive read on here and other forums ...when it comes to Hydro Koralias....in general....if using them with a wavemaker make sure you get the 12v version. the normal version is not made to be switched on and off

I have one of those, although I do not use it. Plug both return pumps in to the wave maker, is is labeled left and right, so plug the left return pump into marked left, right return pump labeled right. Plug wave maker into outlet. Play with the timer and you will see how the wavemaker alternates both return pumps. Play with it till you get it how you want.

I ditched my wavemaker and run both return pumps at the same time and added 2 Kyrillia nano's.

Hope this helps.

Archived