SaltCritters.com

Mirage's 40 Gallon Stretch Hex

MGDMIRAGE

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For sure man, i've wanted one for soooo long :)

I had a chainlink eel back in 1995 and i loved him but during the time i had him he got out probably 5 times until i finally didn't find him in time... this time i think i'm ready for the cunning escape artists that are the moray eels!

I might be coming over the westside soon :) Wife wants to take me to the seattle aquarium for my bday next month.

I had mine open top... Last Saturday I came downstairs and found mine on the carpet!!! :o I now have a top!!! -_-

Right on... Have you been to the aquarium before? I haven't been in years!!! :o

Very nice tank, is the moray safe with the sixline?

Mine does great with my sixline...!!!

B)

I think the last time i was at the Aquarium was 02 so it's been quite a long time.

I think it's been longer then that for me, and I'm only an hour away!!! -_- I should get down there!!!

Give me a holler when you guys head over!

B)

Some pictures since i'm bored while i wait for my GDM to ship :)

084.jpg

085.jpg

093.jpg

095.jpg

096.jpg

What happend to my Slimer from my 20g long heater fiasco apparently SPS hates extended periods of time at 65 degrees :( I chopped off most of the STN, lost over two inches off that frag.

101.jpg

108.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some Sixline Wrasse Glamour shots since he is my only fish at the moment.

110.jpg

114.jpg

117.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

And that sounds great David :)

Very nice shots man, and thats too bad about the acro, at least you were able to save some of it. and that sixline sure looks happy.

Thanks! yeah i hope the Acro heals up and starts growing again. The sixline is a maniac, toughest fish i've had to take a pic of, but with lots of patience i managed to get a few okay shots of him/her :)

Some nifty Acrylic frag tiles i made today :) They are hazy because i sanded them to give them a bit of texture for zoos to grab onto, hopefully.

007.jpg

Oh and my Eel shipped! He said it should be at the hub tomorrow morning or thursday morning, i can't wait!

And here is a better more clear FTS with some more corals that i added recently.

3-30-10FTS.jpg

Hehe yeah, i was worried he would be really shy but that's not the case, i see him all the time always peaking out of some random hole. Occasionally coming all the way out and swimming along the back or sides. What have you been feeding yours David and how often? I fed him first night as he was acting a bit hungry he was picking up gravel and spitting it back out and sniffing around a lot. So i picked up some silversides and cut one into 3rds and put it on the end of a rigid airline tubing and waited, sure enough he found it and snatched it off the tubing :) A few mins later i saw him come out and he had a little buldge on his side hehe.

He is very docile too earlier i saw him swim between the legs of my fireshrimp, the shrimp of course was like... hey wait i wanna clean you!

Hehe yeah, i was worried he would be really shy but that's not the case, i see him all the time always peaking out of some random hole. Occasionally coming all the way out and swimming along the back or sides. What have you been feeding yours David and how often? I fed him first night as he was acting a bit hungry he was picking up gravel and spitting it back out and sniffing around a lot. So i picked up some silversides and cut one into 3rds and put it on the end of a rigid airline tubing and waited, sure enough he found it and snatched it off the tubing :) A few mins later i saw him come out and he had a little buldge on his side hehe.

He is very docile too earlier i saw him swim between the legs of my fireshrimp, the shrimp of course was like... hey wait i wanna clean you!

That's awesome stuff for sure!!!

I feed mine shrimp every couple of days or so. I need to grab something else for him to eat though!!!

Mine is very docile as well... I don't think he'd harm anything!!!

B)

Oh that's gonna be a sweet tank :)

In other news i got my Phosban reactor hooked up yesterday, here it is doing a test run on what is left of my 20L.

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

And i got a couple new corals today, a red Chalice (First Chalice :D) and a couple polyps of Tubbs Blue Zoanthids.

Great looking tank. I've been tempted to try a hex a few times, but managed to restrain myself. I have to say I don't know if I would have passed this one up. Like a few people have already said it's the first stretch hex I've ever seen and it looks great.

Thank you very much, it was also the first stretch hex i had ever seen and the price was insane so i had to jump all over it :) I plan to add many more corals in the next few weeks to a month, stay tuned!

Lastnight the GDM worked his way down my overflow tube like i was afraid of, luckily he never made it out of my filter sock and was soon back in the display. Then i immediately wrapped the overflow in gutter guard hopefully he won't make it through it again :)

Added a Starry Blenny to the mix today, always wanted one.

PICS!

I just recently saw one on divers den and now I really want one! but I cant get one cause i'm broke and moving to campus soon to boot. <_<

They are the coolest thing to have in your tank. Mine is the same way, always sticking his head out of some hole and sometimes swimming freely. He shows no aggression towards any of the other inhabitants.

So fun to watch.

I feed mine frozen squid and silversides.

Ordered 2x Koralia Evo 1050 today, birthday present to myself :)

They will be replacing the two Koralia 2s in the tank for an added 900gph flow. 2100 gph overal for a total of 52.5x turnover rate up from the current 30x turnover.

I may keep one of the K2s and put it lower and in the middle so that rockwork gets more flow through it, that would put me at 67.5x turnover which may be a bit much but we'll see :)

Also ordered two bags of frag disks because i really hate frag plugs.

Wife got me this awesome little black misbar clown for my bday hes so gorgeous and jetblack.

121.jpg

128.jpg

And a super crisp face pic of the Starry Blenny :)

085.jpg

Archived