Innovative Marine Aquariums

Evan's NC6 Project

evanj

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PB170008.JPG

The splash guard on my cube is cracked and missing screws, it's junk... I would like to build a new one out of plexiglass or something before I finish my LED build.

I don't think it needs to be two tiered like the stock one, my LED array should be lower profile than the PC fixture. Does anyone have any suggestions? Will plexiglass work?

I'm going LED someday soon, I don't want to buy any more PC fixtures etc.. I might even have an 18w fixture for sale soon.

Really, all I need is a hinge and a new splash guard before I finish my new LED array. Having a missing hinge really sucks.

I think plexiglass will work for a splash guard.

you just wake up or something?

buy his hood and use it for parts.....im sure he would part with it much cheaper than 50 bucks....

and if you scrap your LED idea, youll have x3 18watters to work with

you just wake up or something?

buy his hood and use it for parts.....im sure he would part with it much cheaper than 50 bucks....

and if you scrap your LED idea, youll have x3 18watters to work with

Still up, why - are my messages incoherent? Working on homework, finals next two weeks. :lol:

I think he wants $100 or so, that's not a direct quote from him as I deleted the PM.

good call on the sharknose, those guys look cool! and i wouldv thought dif about that heater...but good to know...So locally we got hit with some winter storm and a ship load of snow fell, glad i moved my tank away from the window when i did..i watched the tank climb to 82 before i dialed it back yesterday...and that stuff your doing with the lighting, i have no clue what youre talking about omgomgomg but it sounds complicated

good call on the sharknose, those guys look cool! and i wouldv thought dif about that heater...but good to know...So locally we got hit with some winter storm and a ship load of snow fell, glad i moved my tank away from the window when i did..i watched the tank climb to 82 before i dialed it back yesterday...and that stuff your doing with the lighting, i have no clue what youre talking about omgomgomg but it sounds complicated

Maybe I got a bad heater... I might try another one soon.

There's a lot of people on here with step by step DIY LED lighting threads. It doesn't look too difficult... I still need to research more though before I start.

I really like Clown Gobies too, especially the Citrinis. I can't decide between the Sharknose or a Clown Goby.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick little update on the tank. I added one Nassarius snail to the mix. The is probably my favorite thing in there right now lol. The tank is doing well and I plan on buying the war painted clown goby at my LFS pretty soon.

I contacted Reef Cleaners and asked what they would recommend for my size tank, and this is what they came up with:

7 Dwarf Ceriths - small effective cleaners

1 Nassarius

3 Florida Ceriths

2 Small to Medium Nerites

I ordered pretty much what was suggested, I just gotta find a home for my astreas...

Got my order from reef cleaners, great people to work with, I would recommend them and their custom CUC.

I ended up with way more ceriths and spare hermit shells than I ordered. I think my Nerites may be dead though - I'm gonna wait a few days though until I chuck em.

• 3 weeks later...

Got some aquamend today, I plan on taking everything down and redoing the aquascape.

The tank was doing well, I found a bristle worm and inexplicably lost a peppermint shrimp..

The reason for this redo is because my hair algae is out of control and I'm getting sick of these manual removal sessions before my water changes....

The LR already had a lot of hair algae on it when I got it, however I didn't remove it before adding it to the tank. Someone suggested that I take a tooth brush to it, that's what I'll be doing and then I'm going break the rock down and get fancy with the scape ;)

re-aquascape is now complete -_- fairly satisfied with the outcome

P1090005.JPG

The hammer and screwdriver method worked great for getting the rock to crack where I wanted.

P1090010.JPG

I used a whole tube of aquamend... and the pictures just don't show any of the over hangs. I'll have to experiment with photographing it, and my tripod broke.

right side:

P1090011.JPG

left side:

P1090016.JPG

Unsightly putty marks... nice, eh? At least I can clean my tanks glass now.

Archived