inTank Media Baskets

JuNyoUngMins 10g Contest Tank

junyoungmin

Welcome to JunYoUngMins Ten gallon Paradise

Contest Tank

Start Date

November 15, 2009

DSCF2405-1.jpg

To start off i'd like to say Good luck to everyone, lets all have a good time and learn from each other. Lets get this started!

The Plan

So to get started i wanted to do something different with this tank. I want this tank to look super clean, easy, and natural. So i have a few ideas i am going to do, but i cant share that right now. I am doing a DSB though

::EDIT:: Ok now that the contest is started my plans are to have a enclosed closed loop. there will be no drilling or anything. it will all be enclosed underneath the DSB. I will also be going rimless as many others are. i took off both rims from a standard tank and added more silicone.

The Equipment

• $0-Tank: Standard glass tank

The Livestock

• $12 LR 3lbs
  • $30 6 head frogspawn
  • $35 Red lobo brain
  • $35 Green brain
  • $27 5" Electric blue favia

Total=$289.78

Remaining Budget=$60.22

I think I missed or something, but what kind of contest is this?

how did you miss it?? its the 10g $350 budget contest. it starts tomorrow so its not too late to join.

That looks like a pretty decent light for the $$$, what do you think about it? I need some cheap lighting for my 125 gallon.

i like it for the amount i spent. its a decent looking fixture. there is a version with individual reflectors but it was 179$ still a good price but for the budget i went with this one. you should check them out.

Your shopping cart is empty. LOL :lol:

haha yea ill have to fix that, but you can still see it on their site.

thanks for catchin that.

I didnt have enough sand for my DSB so no pictures until tomorrow =(

very disappointing! ive been waiting all day to set it up and now i have to wait anyway.

what a bummer!

i am going to do an enclosed closed loop under my sand bed. i wanted to have no powerheads in the tank but also do something i though noone else would do. let me know what you guys think

i am going to do an enclosed closed loop under my sand bed. i wanted to have no powerheads in the tank but also do something i though noone else would do. let me know what you guys think

problem with that is the pipes are gonna be a little hard to hide unless you have a super thick sand bed (2" at least) and also closed loops are just plain hard to maintain. just get a Koralia 1 and be done with it. ;)

problem with that is the pipes are gonna be a little hard to hide unless you have a super thick sand bed (2" at least) and also closed loops are just plain hard to maintain. just get a Koralia 1 and be done with it. ;)

i tested it on a new 5.5g macro tank i just started so ill have pictures of both. i like it better than powerheads. youll see in the pics

i tested it on a new 5.5g macro tank i just started so ill have pictures of both. i like it better than powerheads. youll see in the pics

iight. :D

Pics of 10g!

DSCF2406-1.jpg

DSCF2411-1.jpg

DSCF2412-1.jpg

DSCF2413-1.jpg

more pics to come!

just as i though... your adding a large amount of sand in there. also, those powerheads are in danger of sucking up small particles of sand.

lastly, that small area that contains your pumps will have 0 circulation and will probably be detrimental to your tank.

IMO 1 powerhead would have taken up a lot less space than all that sand you added into your tank...

Archived