Innovative Marine Aquariums

help! white lite purplish crab slowly eating my zoes!

nanoreefer4life

ok I have to chime in... If its hiding and killing/eating your goods then its war, kill the f'ing thing. Maybe not torture it but all with flushing if there's no refugium.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD
Your awesome. I just caught a pistrol shrimp today. It's nice to see someone in here with a sense of humor and isn't worried about be PC. I personally just flushed my pest but each to his own.

lovely picture...shows how tough you really are. You know if you had common sense you would've tried to sell it here and make a couple $$. Lots of people actually buy pistol shrimp at LFS to pair with gobies or just to have. $.02

A pest is an organism which has characteristics that are regarded by humans as injurious or unwanted. Seems like a pest to me. Calling it a hitchhiker implies I had a choice. Somebody call the WAAmbulace.

:facepalm:

You had a choice in your live rock, didn't you? Why didn't you start with purely dry rock and allow it to cycle by itself? Any organism that comes on rock you buy are hitchhikers. Unfortunately you didn't understand what I meant by no organism is a pest. Every hitchhiker had a niche in a real coral reef, and they are only pests/unwanted in closed systems.

Maybe if you would have looked closer at the wikipedia article you're repeating, you would have seen this quote: "It is possible for an animal to be a pest in one setting but beneficial or domesticated in another".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pest_(organism)

Thunderstruck34

Pulling off limbs of an animal (torture) for some sort of self satisfaction is sick. With that being said that is something that either 1. little kids (who don't know any better) or 2. wack jobs would do. So for your sake and everyone else's I hope your really young and you learn from your mistakes. ya got that michael vick?

:facepalm:

You had a choice in your live rock, didn't you? Why didn't you start with purely dry rock and allow it to cycle by itself? Any organism that comes on rock you buy are hitchhikers. Unfortunately you didn't understand what I meant by no organism is a pest. Every hitchhiker had a niche in a real coral reef, and they are only pests/unwanted in closed systems.

Maybe if you would have looked closer at the wikipedia article you're repeating, you would have seen this quote: "It is possible for an animal to be a pest in one setting but beneficial or domesticated in another".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pest_(organism)

The pest came in a frag. All my live rock is over two years old. I did let it cycle before adding it. I read your wika quote and it's still called a pest and I had no intention of domesticating it. Oh i killed a spider today too sorry.

I can't believe what I am hearing here. All you people need to get a life and off your soap box. Who gives a #### that he killed a crab WTF ever. Do you not have better thing to do with your time then to bash someone. He did it he ####ed up leave it alone.It's like listening to a bunch of 5 year olds complain non-stop.

lovely picture...shows how tough you really are. You know if you had common sense you would've tried to sell it here and make a couple $$. Lots of people actually buy pistol shrimp at LFS to pair with gobies or just to have. $.02

Well I should of sold it to you I doubt it could of much damage in your tank. Nice rockscaping. Yes some people do pair up caribbean pistrol shrimp with a yellow watchmen. I had some other type that I can assure you was not reef safe so I removed it. It snapped every minute burrowed into my chalice and picked at some softys. I tried trapping it. Used the water bottle trap bought a 15$ spring tap and could not get it out. The other day I saw it out grabbed some scissors and pulled it out. I'm shocked at how upset everyone is getting. It's not like I set a cat on fire. You got a guy selling clown on this site breeding his females to death and that's fine. I flush a invert, a insect of the ocean and I'm going to hell. Here's a pic of my rockscaping.

post-40678-1257396202_thumb.jpg

You seriously are this worked up over richie killing a shrimp that was terrorizing his tank and unwanted that he couldn't trap?

So your a vegan right? Because I know with all this worked up emotion you would never kill an animal to eat! Oh you'd never use bug spray or any kind of insecticide. I know you don't live in a home because that would be taking away an animal's enviroment. You would never buy any rock or fish for that matter that was taken from the ocean due to it negatively affecting the reefs and it would be taking a living thing from its home, holding it hostage for your own enjoyment.

get off the high horse, come back to the real world

ITS A CRAB, IT IS A F"ING CRAB!!!

FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD
You seriously are this worked up over richie killing a shrimp that was terrorizing his tank and unwanted that he couldn't trap?

So your a vegan right? Because I know with all this worked up emotion you would never kill an animal to eat! Oh you'd never use bug spray or any kind of insecticide. I know you don't live in a home because that would be taking away an animal's enviroment. You would never buy any rock or fish for that matter that was taken from the ocean due to it negatively affecting the reefs and it would be taking a living thing from its home, holding it hostage for your own enjoyment.

get off the high horse, come back to the real world

ITS A CRAB, IT IS A F"ING CRAB!!!

As a matter a fact I am vegan. That has no relevancy to this topic s whats your point, that you can stereotype others? Your right I don't use insecticeds...I don't want that $hit on my skin or in the food I eat. Obviously I live in a house or I wouldn't be able to have tanks. And I try to buy aquacultured corals and fish when I can. I was never on a high horse and I do in fact live in the real world just like you do. You have your perceptions an I have mine. I understand the want to get rid of a creature reeking havoc in your tank, but if there is an alternative route of achieving this other than killing something than it makes sense to go that route for something that was displaced from its environment because of us. However going to the point of unnecessarily torturing said creature for personal enjoyment is f###ed up. Its that simple and the reason this thread has gotten the responses it has. If you don't give a $hit about this F"ING CRAP then why even bother posting?

Honestly I'm all about banishment to the fuge. It seems so much more judgemental. "I SAY GOOD SIR, MY CORAL YE HATH AFFRONTED? WELL THEN TO THE FUGE WITH YOU, HEATHEN! FOREVER SHALL YE LIVE ALONE WITH OTHER RANDOMS I TOLERATE NOT IN MY DISPLAY (with some random LR frags and macroalgae)!" Even if you were looking for revenge... there is peace in death, banishment is a full-time ownage.

OK there is a very real difference in circumstances here. Stuff dies, we kill it on purpose on accident, whatever, it happens. Even us Buddhist occasionally knock off a bug or 2.

There is a MOUNTAIN of difference once you take a picture and start strutting around about *WOOHOO I r so tuff I haz killed a tiny crab!1!!!111!*

Eliminating a pest, ton's of posts about it here, most of them have no venomous responses because they weren't pathetic enough to brag about it (I will point out here that despite my disagreement, I really don't include Richie as bragging *shrug*). Exterminate and torture are not interchangeable words.

For all the people that *can't believe* the people here....really? WTF you got tofu for brains? A massive site directed at giving the best quality of living for fish inverts and coral and you REALLY can't see why people are upset?? You guys must never leave /b/ :rolleyes:

*edit* and if you had bothered to read firebreathing's post you would have seen:

"Op I understand wanting to vent but if you wanted to get out your anger why not bash it with a hammer and at least make it quick and painless....at least find someone that has an oscar "

I would bet my life that fire would NEVER use those options, and yet he has the brain's to know that the whole world doesn't subscribe to his views and didn't shove them on anyone. He made a simple call for humanity in dealing with live things. On the flip side you want to name call and attempt to ridicule a respect for life....mmm hmm. Yep. You're definitely big and bad mo' fo real smart too :mellow: ....

:haha: Thanks for the sig material Ahramis

(I will point out here that despite my disagreement, I really don't include Richie as bragging *shrug*).

Seeing as I wasn't bragging may I be upgraded from the moron list to the idiot list. I'm just sayin. You'll also see in early posts I never condoned the dismembering of the crab. I do however feel allot of people are getting way to butt hurt over this.

this thread has it all.....animal torture, vegans, idiot lists....children bickering....

I can't believe some people here.

Do you guys nurture and feed the mosquitoes that suck your blood as well?

eh my FW fish gotta eat too....

someone pull the legs off this thread already.....

Your fail to miss the point . I hear people talking about torture and natural habitat. It's all bull ####. We torture animals everyday in our tanks(stress, diet, ect....ect). If you care that much don't buy them in the first place, then they wont sell as many(ie supply and demand) and they can live happily ever after in the ocean where they belong. Don't give me that I try to by aquaculture live stock BS thats like saying I'm a vegetarian only when I'm not chowing down on a big fat steak. My point is your fueling the fire. The best way to make something go away like this is to ignore it. It's how people's minds work. You keep this thread running and some people will think wow maybe I should rip the fins off the fish that ate my clam. So to all of you, go get sanctimonious somewhere else!

i wouldn't even think twice about slicing a live fish open and then jabbing a large metal hook through it.. only to catch a bigger fish and slice his sides off and eat it.

the trigger is known to remove all the legs from the spiny lobster immobilizing it and then eats it alive.

Honestly I'm all about banishment to the fuge. It seems so much more judgemental. "I SAY GOOD SIR, MY CORAL YE HATH AFFRONTED? WELL THEN TO THE FUGE WITH YOU, HEATHEN! FOREVER SHALL YE LIVE ALONE WITH OTHER RANDOMS I TOLERATE NOT IN MY DISPLAY (with some random LR frags and macroalgae)!" Even if you were looking for revenge... there is peace in death, banishment is a full-time ownage.

dude i take the same route you do... anything i see i dont like... SUMP TIME!! any hermit crabs that knock stuff over (I HATE HERMITS) oh they're going in!!! it makes me feel a lot better when i know a dirrty criminal like hermits are put to justice in the sump... thats what i would do if i were you..

or have him go carpet surfing... either way they are both fun

this thread has it all.....animal torture, vegans, idiot lists....children bickering....

eh my FW fish gotta eat too....

someone pull the legs off this thread already.....

+1

Archived