ReefCleaners.org

20L - new GBTA!

midna

Great job on the overflow. Tank coming along

Thanks! I'm debating building a skimmer for it.

Looks great. Love the fan and the topoff...

Thank you! The fan was really easy. Saw the mount idea on a fresh water tank. 1/8" steel rod put into clear tubing and bent to the shape you want. Cost me $4 since the fan and walwart were just laying around anyway, and I made a second fan mount with the same materials, I just don't need the fan.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update, definitely had too much flow. ALL my corals are looking much better with the two koralia nanos. My temperature is also super stable now with the fan and heater keeping everything in check. I've actually noticed additional growth from the green slimer since changing pumps.

The GBTA is very plump and happy. Hasn't moved from where I had put him which is fantastic. His color is less green than when I first put him in, but I attribute that to my over-zealous feedings. He has finally started to reject some food after repeated feedings. I check the tank for leftovers that have been expelled later, but so far that has happened only once that I am aware.

The fish are also much more outgoing with the smaller powerheads. I'm hoping the clown hosts the GBTA. The sexies found it within 24 hours and stay in/near it.

I tested a heater failure and the temperature drops to 76, fan failure and the temperature reaches 82. Both on and I have complete control over what temperature it stays at. Ambient temp is between 72 and 76. The only real thing that could go unchecked is if the heater sticks on and kills everything. That would suck.

My few 1/8" patches of hair algea have either receeded or gone away completely. I attribute that to a 5g water change, the addition of a turbo snail (my only snail), and the moving of the emerald crab from the sump to display. My cuc now consists of an emerald crab and turbo. I would like to add some dwarf ceriths, some assorted snails (3?), and a nassarius snail or two to eat leftovers.

Archived