ReefCleaners.org

1337's 12" Retired contest tank

1337TANKHAX

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everybody! I took a couple terrible pictures at the LFS this morning of the mininem. I'll see if there's one decent enough to put up after I get off work.

Just got back from work/class. I apologize for the horrible quality of the pics, I took them on my point and shoot at the LFS through a dirty tank and a jar. Hah.

Ghetto collegiate media rack (the chemipure sits on top of the sponge):

105_0053.jpg

Superman Rhodactis:

105_0080.jpg

Freebie red shroom and Mini Nem!!! :

105_0079.jpg

I'm going to name it Sprite because it's bright green in the center and highlighter yellow around the skirt.

I'm also putting in my order from ReefCleaners tonight. /Excited

Just put my order through with John @ Reefcleaners:

Fire Algae

Red Grape Algae

Oar Grass

Dwarf Ceriths

Nassarius Vibex

Nerite Snails

Zig Zag Periwinkles

Just put my order through with John @ Reefcleaners:

Fire Algae

Red Grape Algae

Oar Grass

Dwarf Ceriths

Nassarius Vibex

Nerite Snails

Zig Zag Periwinkles

Nice, my order ships out tomorrow! If you haven't ordered from him previously you're in for a treat.

Nice, my order ships out tomorrow! If you haven't ordered from him previously you're in for a treat.

Nope, I'm a ReefCleaners newbie. I'm pretty excited though, everyone raves about John, and he's been a great help so far.

so....youre tellin me i gotta drive to socal for teh mini nems?!

:D

Haha just to Monterey. You can come check out the aquarium while you're up!

I'm actually getting some macro algae from an inside connection at the aquarium. :ninja:

do u have anything in ur tank yet??? :huh: living that is :P

Well the plan was to get a couple softies from Kraylen today, but I ended up sleeping through the afternoon since I was sick Friday night. I'm all better now though. I'll be getting my CUC and a couple macros from ReefCleaners on Wednesday, and I'll probably start throwing in softies sometime shortly after that.

As of right now, only pods, bristle worms, and feather dusters. -_-

No livestock added until this coming up Wednesday? I'd have difficulty waiting that long.

Yeah I'm having a hard time too. But my reefcleaners stuff gets here Wednesday! And on Friday I'm putting in some mushrooms.

The rock wall looks awesome!!!

Thanks! :D I'm glad everyone likes it.

So it was far too beautiful out today to go to my global studies class, so I took the ole' kayak out for a spin behind cannery row at sunset to say hello to the otters:

newtankstuff001-1.jpg

Behind the Monterey Bay Aquarium and old Doc Ricketts marine lab:

newtankstuff004.jpg

The otters kept diving into the kelp every time I would take my camera out, but I tried getting a couple decent shots with my dinky cam:

newtankstuff005.jpg

I thought I'd share. :)

I finally have some stuff to watch in my tank. I got my shipment in from John at ReefCleaners and I'm very happy with it. The algae is beautiful and there is an army of snails going at all of my rock right now. I also added a frag of zoas and the superman mushrooms. This weekend if everything goes smoothly I'll be adding my minicarpet and my Wheelers watchman goby.

FTS:

newtankstuff014.jpg

Closer:

newtankstuff009.jpg

Zoas pre-surgery:

newtankstuff002-1.jpg

Post surgery shots:

newtankstuff010.jpg

newtankstuff013.jpg

Superman Rhodactis:

newtankstuff001-2.jpg

Snail shot: