SaltCritters.com

Bob21115's winning Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest tank

bob21115

I wasn't questioning that he was lying about the price he paid for them, I believe that. You can find some gnarly deals around sometimes. I'm just saying that they have to be listed as the market value to make it fair for everyone, not what you bought them for. That orange yuma is SECKSY though.

What is your market value?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad truth is that Michigan is hurting more than almost any other part of the US. People are fleeing. People have no jobs. People need money. Many reefers around here have collected for years, and now can't afford to keep their tank up. I will claim any price deemed appropriate. I plan on putting a polyp or 2 for my 10-15 favorite zoas/palys in the tank, and 2 LPSs that I just got from Scientific Coral in the tank. Within 6 months, I should have 8-15 of each Zoa/Paly and a couple nice Australian LPSs in the tank.

The sad truth is that Michigan is hurting more than almost any other part of the US. People are fleeing. People have no jobs. People need money. Many reefers around here have collected for years, and now can't afford to keep their tank up. I will claim any price deemed appropriate. I plan on putting a polyp or 2 for my 10-15 favorite zoas/palys in the tank, and 2 LPSs that I just got from Scientific Coral in the tank. Within 6 months, I should have 8-15 of each Zoa/Paly and a couple nice Australian LPSs in the tank.

Thats why I just sold my 300 gallon that I paid $3000 for in 2006 for $700.00. I needed it out of the living room and that all I could get.

You know what, Bob???

You will get first dibs when I sell my first PH frag. How many polyps will you want? 2-3-4?

Save that yuma baby for me, though.

I'm not the judge, so I couldn't say. When I bought mine I thought I had a deal and I paid 45. But I think the rules now are that you should post a link to somewhere with a similar coral and price.

I drove 3 hours (each way) last night to pick up a Trio of Green Banded Gobies $40.00 (2 Females, 1 Male). She also gave me a Blue Neon Goby for free. I love free stuff.

This is the Male. He been very shy.

12inchgbg1.jpg

This is the smaller Female. Not shy at all she's been in the front of the tank all morning.

I saw the other female this morning, but not since I broke out the camera.

12inchgbg2.jpg

This little guys not going in the 12" tank but I like sharing.

12inchng.jpg

I also got 2 dying Acan Frags for $5.00 each. I thought it would be nice to watch them come back to life and grow over 6 months. She had no Idea what they were other than one came from Cherry Corals.

12inchacan1.jpg

12inchacan2.jpg

Crikes are you using the Vortech on this small a tank? That thing is going to be dialed down bigtime I assume.

Yes the mp10 says for tanks 2.5 - 50 gallons. If it's too much I have other tanks I can use it on.

WOW weeber! that angler is amazing! How big is he?

ok ur house is like frickin awesome my local aquarium has less tanks how many running tanks do u have and where do u get corals so cheap an orange yuma like urs would be at least sixty dollars at my lfs? :)

ok ur house is like frickin awesome my local aquarium has less tanks how many running tanks do u have and where do u get corals so cheap an orange yuma like urs would be at least sixty dollars at my lfs? :)

I try to buy all my Live stock from local reefers. You get a better quality and a better price. With the economy in Michigan being the worst in the nation allot of people are breaking down their tanks.

I'm thinking about going just inverts and coral. I'm worried about the gobies getting sucked into the back of the tank.

I may leave them out at first and save $50 in my budget to add them after a week or so.

Hey hows that acan that was dying doing? Is it on the rebound? And I have to say I'm pretty envious of your craftsmanship on that stand. It looks great.

Hey hows that acan that was dying doing? Is it on the rebound? And I have to say I'm pretty envious of your craftsmanship on that stand. It looks great.

Its doing ok. Something pushed a yuma against it stung it little bit of in along with one of the babies.

Thanks about the stand. Its just taking practice each stand is a little bit better.

These are the 3 zoa frags I got yesterday. You can also see the 2 heads of Purple Deaths. (3 Small Zoanthid frags (30.00))

12inchzoa1.jpg

12inchzoa2.jpg

12inchzoa3.jpg

Unknown Monti cap (Unknown Montipora Cap 1/2" Frag (10.00))

12inchunkcap.jpg

Here are 3 of the 4 Sexy Shrimp. The 4th jumped out of the way as I was grabbing the camera

12inchsexyyuma.jpg

1 of the 3 acan frag

12inchacan.jpg

This is the Pipe organ frag (Tiny Pipe Organ frag 4 heads (5.00) From my stock)

12inchpipeorgan.jpg

Green rohdactid (Green Rohdactis Mushroom (10.00) From my stock)

12inchroadactis2.jpg

Millepora frag (Blue Millepora 1/2" (10.00) From my stock)

12inchmonti.jpg

Hey, things are looking very nice. Your stand is awesome. What are your thoughts on the mp10? Have you set it up yet? I've got one coming with a k nano as a backup if the mp10 proves to be too much.

Hey, things are looking very nice. Your stand is awesome. What are your thoughts on the mp10? Have you set it up yet? I've got one coming with a k nano as a backup if the mp10 proves to be too much.

I bought it 2 weeks ago and its been sitting in the basement ever since. I didn't even open it.

I can't wait to get my tank.

I think I'm going to order the reef keeper next week.

I built the light hanger for my Eco-light LED pendent.

Here is a picture of it.

12inchfts5.jpg

Annabelle has to investigate everything new fish related for like 10 minutes.

Its made from 1/2 squared steel tubbing. I bent it and attached it to the back with screws. The squares on the front are drawer knobs. After it was assembled I primed and painted it black.

With paint it cost about $15.00

Excellent stand and light hanger! Any chance you'd be willing to build me a hangar like that? Looks great!

What size light? What's the size of your stand and how high do you want it?

I just contacted the light company (FishNeedIt) to see if I could order another hanging kit - I used the one supplied with this light on my frag tank a month and a half ago. They replied that they will need to let me know later this week, but I should be able to get one. If so, I will get you all the details. Otherwise, I will need to see how high I can get the light off the water by using the legs supplied.

Thanks,

David

Here are 2 really quick pictures. I literally walked in the door set my stuff down and took the pictures.

12inchfts7.jpg

This is to show the polishing residue. I freaked out when I first saw it. But it cleans right up

12inchfts8.jpg

Also a standard 1/2" bulkhead fits just fine.

Here are a few things I'm finding.

Here is a video of the tank with a MJ 1200, 900 and a Tunze mini 5024.04

Pump Video

The last pump in the video is at pump from my cats water fountain.

1. MJ 1200 and 900 is way to much flow

2. With a MJ 1200 or 900 the waterline is at the very top of the tank.

3. With a MJ 1200 or 900 you can't use a Tunze Nano Skimmer with out putting the pump in the chamber with the over flow.

4. If I use a Tunze Universal pump Mini 5024.04 5 watts 79 GPH I get plenty of flow to the back chamber and the Tunze Nano skimmer fits.

5024.040.jpg

Here's the tank with the Tunze Nano Skimmer and water in it.

12inchfts9.jpg

Archived