SaltCritters.com

Bob21115's winning Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest tank

bob21115

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love it, I wanted to go with dragon goby too but i saw that the price tag for one would take up half of the livestock budget.

I check the tracking on my Light tonight.

It left Hong Kong on the 5th and it says its out for delivery today the 7th.

I cancelled the Dracula/ Pistol pair.

My light arrived from Hong Kong today its sitting at my house.

I can't wait to get out of work to see it....

We had a huge storm rip threw here last night.

A friend of mine lost every tree in his yard. They are going to be without power for quite some time. At lunch time I took his 30 gallon finnex reef down and to my house. The tank was with out power for more the 12 hours. From what I can tell every thing made it.

I’m hoping to get a few sweet frags and a invert or 2.

love that light, not a bad price either. Wonder how it will look lighting the water

is it dimmable?

Shipping was $50 from Hong Kong. It only took 5 day once it shipped. I think it was a total of 10 from the day that I ordered it.

Out of the box its not dimmable.

They say this is replacement for CP VHO and T5's. THe HM Replacement is coming out soon.

I got my LA shipment today. The harlequin Shrimp will be going into the 12"er.

Here is a picture of them sharing a starfish.

harshrimp1.jpg

I also got a Male Red Scooter Blenny. As of now he isn't going in the 12" tank. I'll be looking for a female and they will go into my 260.

He's to cool not to share.

redscooter.jpg

I have a ton of updates today.

I got the granite piece today. Its not the exact color I wanted but its still really cool.

granite1.jpg

granite2.jpg

I also picked up 2 sexy shrimp($10 ea) from a LFS

1 of the Sexy Shrimp

sexy1.jpg

I also picked up some coral from a local reefer.

I got 3 ricordia yuma's for $25

Baby Green and purple Ricordia Yuma only the size of a pencil eraser($5)

babyyuma.jpg

Green and Purple Ricordia Yuma ($10) Not going into the 12" tank Just for reference of the one above.

greenpurpleyuma.jpg

Orange Ricordia Yuma ($10)

orangeyuma.jpg

This is a super sweet Rohdactis Mushroom its about 1/2" ($20)

rainbowhodactis.jpg

Cherry Corals HighLighters Acan 1 polyp ($20)

cherrycoralshighlightersacan.jpg

This is a 1/4" half dead Atlantis Meteor Shower Cyphastrea Ocellina (Free normally $60 per 1" Frag) Maria I need a price ruling

atlantismeteorshowercyphastrea.jpg

$10 for Yuma is crazy! Those are really beautiful and extremely expensive down here.

If they split I would love to trade or buy one off you after the contest!

$10 for Yuma is crazy! Those are really beautiful and extremely expensive down here.

If they split I would love to trade or buy one off you after the contest!

I've seen them listed on Nano Reef for $20. He originally wanted $20 each when they were attached to 5 lbs rocks. As you can see in the pictures they detached and I'm trying to attach them to some rubble rock.

Wow very nice Yumas and light. Dumb question but why are they in plastic bowls, is that so you can move them easier later? or so they attach to what you want them to attach to.

Wow very nice Yumas and light. Dumb question but why are they in plastic bowls, is that so you can move them easier later? or so they attach to what you want them to attach to.

It's so I can let them attach to the piece of rock in the cup.

Wow someone was generous with those yuma prices. The new rule on the thread is that you have to post a referral to a site that has comparable prices. And I've never seen orange or multicolored yumas that cheap. I don't mean to call you out, but thats a stretch for those shrooms

I know about the new rule, too. However, I can assure you Bob got that deal. I was next in line if he didn't pick 'em up. As it is, I think I am going to try to convince me to get first dibs on the babies!

David M. Frye, DVM

I know about the new rule, too. However, I can assure you Bob got that deal. I was next in line if he didn't pick 'em up. As it is, I think I am going to try to convince me to get first dibs on the babies!

David M. Frye, DVM

Only if I get the first purple hornet frag....

I was at VI pets just before I went to Chris's and saw these awesome Rhodactis shrooms. Little did I know I was on my way to pick one of them up.

I wasn't questioning that he was lying about the price he paid for them, I believe that. You can find some gnarly deals around sometimes. I'm just saying that they have to be listed as the market value to make it fair for everyone, not what you bought them for. That orange yuma is SECKSY though.

Archived