Coral Vue Hydros

Crazy Tiki's Biocube 14

Crazy Tiki

Thats cool, I have 2 near me but the one I trust is 20-25 minutes away. I have a bad habit of buying on impulse so I tend to learn really really fast lmao. Typically when I go in and see a really nice coral I go home and research it and if it is stille there a week later then I buy it. Exept with my rics, I just PMed got2envey and she gave me some great info and I ordered right away lol.

• 1 month later...

Here are some updated pics of my tank.

Acans and Chalices

Mirror0002.jpg

Zoas and Ricordea

Mirror0004.jpg

Acans & Purple Haze Montipora

Mirror0010.jpg

Armor of God Palys

Mirror0005.jpg

Devils Armor Zoas

Mirror0007.jpg

Side Tank Shot

Mirror0008.jpg

FTS

Mirror0009.jpg

Blue LED's FTS

Mirror0015.jpg

Chaeto Shot after one week - I have to trim every week :)

post-45079-1255126135_thumb.jpg

Yeah things are doing well. The Armor of God frag only had 3 polps on it now it has 9.

Thinking of trading the GSP and the large Frogspawn (left side of the tank), but don't know what to replace them with.

Did you ever find a happy range for your pots on the LEDs? I am finding that some of my corals seem to be losing their darker color from when I brought them home. How do you acclimate your corals to the lights? And what % do you have on the RB and CW?

I have my whites at about 70-80% and the blues 60-70%. I could probably turn things down to get more color but I wanted the coral to grow in a little more. The montipora's are encrusting pretty good and others are doing well, I lost one head of my blastomussa but I placed it in the center mid level, know it is on the sandbed underneath the purple frogspawn.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a business trip and went to the Atlantic Aquarium, have some pretty big tanks (took pics with my Sprint Hero)

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

Those are whale sharks

IMAG0016.jpg

I also got sneaked into the ACDC concert

IMAG0027.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Crazy Tiki

Here are some Updated shots. Moved some things to make some room for Purple Hornet, Rainbow Paly & Headless Horseman Paly frags hopefully comming in the next week.

Also looking to redo my ATO, with a 12v pump & timer, versus the battery air pump.

Picture017.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Here are some Updated shots. Moved some things to make some room for Purple Hornet, Rainbow Paly & Headless Horseman Paly frags hopefully comming in the next week.

Where are you getting these from? Online? I have still yet to purchase corals online....but itching to take the plunge.

Crazy Tiki
Where are you getting these from? Online? I have still yet to purchase corals online....but itching to take the plunge.

The Purple Hornet is a giveaway from another forum, the other two I added to the shipping. Yeah this will be my first time having things shipped, plus I won't be home right away to put it in the tank, will have to rely on my wife. Will probably just tell her to float the bags in the tank to keep the temp stable till I get home.

Crazy Tiki

Have a couple of updates.

Reconfigured my DIY ATO- from post 16. The air pump was to loud and a little annoying.

All I did was purchase a 12V submersible pump from eBay and wired that up to the existing float switch and a 12 v power supply. Had to get a new container to be able to insert the pump, and a timer so that I can control the on-off cycle. So far it works great.

IMAG0069.jpg

I also got my Purple Hornets (a giveaway from another site), Rainbow Palys and Headless Horseman yesterday.

I had my wife float the bags till I got home, then I acclimated them and placed them in the tank. Within an hour some of the heads started to open up. Here are some low quality pics that I took with my Hero (phone). I'll take better pics as they color up and grow.

Purple Hornet Frag (3 polyps)

IMAG0071.jpg

Rainbow Paly Frag (3 Polyps)

IMAG0072.jpg

Headless Horseman Paly (2 Polyps)

IMAG0073.jpg

I also fragged my Armor of God and Devils Armor Palys. Was looking to trade but am running out of room in my tank, I guess I can sell them or maybe combine trade for a nice chalice or acan what do you think?

IMAG0074.jpg

Thats a great idea on the ATO. I Keep trying to figure out what to do for my new tank till I get a good controller. You nailed it for me, thanks!

Nice frags too. I need to frag mine then sell the colonies and keep the frags lol.

Crazy Tiki
Looking good! Chaeto Loves LED doesn't it?

Yeah the single led in the back is all that I need. I just have to trim and scrape the back glass, but the chateo grows well in the back.

• 2 weeks later...

Little Update: Its been 2 1/2 weeks since I received my frags of Purple Hornets and Rainbow Paly. Got a frag of Headless Horseman but they didn't make the acclimation. Here are some pics:

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

Rainbow has been coloring up over the last couple of days. The Purple Hornets are all open and look healthy hopefully they start to get their color soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Some more new additions to the tank.

I traded some of my Devils Armor and Armor of God Palys for a Tyree Blue Chalice and a Pink with Pink eye Chalice

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_6033.jpg

I also went to the NorCal Reefers Frag Swap yesterday and picked:

Red Chalice (needs to color up bad)

IMG_6034.jpg

Birds Nest

IMG_6031.jpg

Purple Ricordia

IMG_6029.jpg

And need identification?

IMG_6032.jpg

The Frag Swap was pretty fun, meet some cool people. Highly recommend that people go, but also recommend dipping frags. I bought some ReVive earlier this week and used it on these frags and it killed some red bugs and aptasia. Was well worth the money.

Pretty disapointed that my Purple Hornets have not colored up yet. There is a big discussion on the forum that gave them out for free. I guess they are just wild ones that can color up to Purple Hornets and not of the same lineage of the normal PH's that everyone has seen. Its been 5 weeks and they are just purple with a faint ring.

I don't think I would of shelled out $30 for shipping if this was the case, as I could of always gone to my LFS and looked for these wild zoas ( similar discussion regarding the Red Hornets).

Archived