Coral Reccomendation  

40 members have voted

1. 1. SPS? Softie? LPS?

• An SPS
    • How bout some LPS
    • Keep to softies
    • MORE ZOAS

LivingStrong08

Oh I also have the stock hood for the B/C and a RKL that I am thinking of getting rid of.. The lid has about two weeks of use, and the RKL has never been used.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LivingStrong08
Oh I also have the stock hood for the B/C and a RKL that I am thinking of getting rid of.. The lid has about two weeks of use, and the RKL has never been used.

RKL pending

LivingStrong08
Looking good. Can't wait to see the growth with the new lights.

Thanks brotha! Me to, I am actually debating on if I should go 14K Phoenix, or 20K... What you think man?

Tim

LivingStrong08

Just ordered the Phx 14 bulb... Also drooling and praying I can get Evils Led setup!! lol!! That is seriously awesome.. If you haven't seen it, check it out in the search bar. :)

Are you going to add LED's to you new lights? You can add them in yourself. Evil and others have posted lots of information for the DIY reefers. I built the one for my BC29.

LivingStrong08
Are you going to add LED's to you new lights? You can add them in yourself. Evil and others have posted lots of information for the DIY reefers. I built the one for my BC29.

Yes, I want the add on that evil has with the Sunpod... Two reason why I need it done for me..

1. I work full time, and attend full time for my Master's Degree, so I barley have enough time for aquarium time, wifey time, HW, Dogs, etc...

2. Some guys have handyman skills... I am just not one of those guys... trust me on that... Not something I am proud of, but hey, I'm cool to admit it!!!

Check your PM about the lid to man. :)

Check out my "Where do I begin" LED build. I was in the same boat and it can be done. I was kind of overwhelmed at first, but it was doable.

Lack of time is another matter, but sometimes you just need to skip a class to take care of the reef...

JK...Nice to hear that you are getting your Masters. Is it MBA? What school is it?

LivingStrong08
Check out my "Where do I begin" LED build. I was in the same boat and it can be done. I was kind of overwhelmed at first, but it was doable.

Lack of time is another matter, but sometimes you just need to skip a class to take care of the reef...

JK...Nice to hear that you are getting your Masters. Is it MBA? What school is it?

Hahaha, wow, no skipping class for me!

I actually decided against the MBA, I am doing a Master in Leadership, with Walden Univesity.

I will check it out this weekend, (after HW) and tank maitnance, lol.

TGIF Buddy!

LivingStrong08
Ur tanks amazing tim!

Sory 2 hear bout the monti :(

thanks bro! I know I was bummed. It would have been a great addition!

LivingStrong08
i shoulda sent the teal acropora, i have a feeling that one would have survived... :(

No worries bro, Just know I did all i could... Didn't want to give up!!!

I am actually picking up an Aussie Rainbow Acan today... OH so excited.. lol..

LivingStrong08

Picture Update!

I have playing a lot with the new camera; here are some new pics that I took today!

Mr. Bojangles!

20090830_26.jpg

Baby Acan Garden

20090830_17.jpg

Zoa Garden

20090826_4.jpg

20090826_5.jpg

20090826_1.jpg

Personal Fav, Rose chillin.. With a Nosey visitor! Lol

20090830_11.jpg

Everything is doing fantastic, I just added the 14k Phoenix bulb and have am acclimating the corals to the new light!

LivingStrong08

9/11 FTS

DSC_0166.jpg

BSJ Chillin

DSC_0176.jpg

GSP Front

DSC_0185.jpg

Sexy Rose, BTA, just after eating..

DSC_0186.jpg

Frogspawn mix with Hammer, inspired by Protocal

DSC_0187.jpg

Updated Zoa’s

DSC_0023.jpg

Clowns

DSC_0026.jpg

Night shot of Orange Cap and Ric

DSC_01011.jpg

Night Shot of some Aussie Sexiness

DSC_01051.jpg

Night shot of GSP

DSC_01111.jpg

Night shot of Wa’Wa’ Melons and Ric’s

DSC_01141.jpg

Hope ur enjoying, and thanks for looking… I also have added a new Finnex 4 gallon with 24w lighting, and a nano K.  Pic to come… Also a 10G, with 10G sump, that is being prepped for a seahorse/pipefish tank…long, patient project.  Pic to come as well.

that little aussie garden is lookin sweet! (and so is the rest of the tank ;) .

question bout your bta... did he move around a bit before finally settling in his spot or did he pretty much just stay where you put him?

LivingStrong08
that little aussie garden is lookin sweet! (and so is the rest of the tank ;) .

question bout your bta... did he move around a bit before finally settling in his spot or did he pretty much just stay where you put him?

Hey!

Thanks for the comment! :)

My RBTA did move around, however I created a mini island away from everything else, and it stayed on this island... Once I seen that it had stayed put for a day, I fed it like crazy... Sense then, it hasn't moved, and is getting bigger and bigger. :)

Now if only my clowns would host! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
LivingStrong08

New Pics!!

I have playing a lot with the new camera; here are some new pics that I took today!

Mr. Bojangles!

20090830_26.jpg

Baby Acan Garden

20090830_17.jpg

Zoa Garden

20090826_4.jpg

20090826_5.jpg

20090826_1.jpg

Personal Fav, Rose chillin.. With a Nosey visitor! Lol

20090830_11.jpg

Everything is doing fantastic, I just added the 14k Phoenix bulb and have am acclimating the corals to the new light!

And more....

My RBTA split, so my tank is a little re-arranged… I was afraid that they new split was gonna cause hell, but, it hasn’t moved at all. 

I will take pics again when all corals are moved off mag racks, and from random safe places in the tank…

006.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

New member of the tank.. :)

005.jpg

004.jpg

Well Hello there. Haven't stopped by in a while things are looking SHAWEET. What top off you using or did I miss it somewhere? Did that bracket come with the switch ? You got the switch in chamber 3 right? You using a maxijet 1200 for the ATO? My fav is the acans.

LivingStrong08

Hey Budddy! :)

Things were going WAY to smooth... and then it happened.. My BSJ jumped... total bummer man!!! Think he was upset with the new addition... Bummer...

I went with the JbJ ATO... it came with two switches, one for chamber 3 with bracket, and the other in my reservoir. Yup, Maxijet 1200 on chiller and ato, also return.:)

I am obsessed with Acans, I have 4 more on the way, and a new clam coming tomorrow...

WAHOO!! :lol:

Well Hello there. Haven't stopped by in a while things are looking SHAWEET. What top off you using or did I miss it somewhere? Did that bracket come with the switch ? You got the switch in chamber 3 right? You using a maxijet 1200 for the ATO? My fav is the acans.

Wait a minute here. Your jawfish jumped out? You have egg crate he jump threw a little square? That sucks. I am going to go with the JBJ auto as well I think. How much top off water you using a week with the sunpod and open top?

Archived