SaltCritters.com

A 10 gallon underwater garden

Curly Joe Reefer

Consider this your key bump....I really dig the blue background! My mushroom is almost gone...he's ah...he's gone. I am getting attacked by red slime and I have to kill it before I take new pics! Bah!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're making me feel like my 10 gallon needs a firefish ;) Nice little tank, very well done.

wow i'd say that's growing at a good rate! good looking tank. what's the bright green coral on the right hand side? montipora? And is that a birdsnest or finger?

Curly Joe Reefer

I am thinking of starting a dosing regiment of Kent marine nano parts A & B. It seems very straight forward in the directions and would be an easy way to get my SPS and LPS to really take off. If anyone has any advice whether this is a good or bad idea or any other suggestion please post your opinions. Your consideration on this matter is greatly appreciated

I use it but only when my calcium falls below 440. About 8 drops each bumps it back up. Of course whith my frequent water changes I havent had to use it lately. I have only had good results by using it though. It has not effected anything else that I have noticed.

I would recommend dosing if you are testing for the things you're dosing, so you know how much your tank uses and dose accurately. My tank (with no stony corals or anything) drops the calcium ~20 ppm per day (about 3 drops of the calcium I use) so I dose to keep my calcium around 440 ppm or so almost every day (though I've taken to dosing my top off water also, so it drops slower now).

I would recommend dosing if you are testing for the things you're dosing

+1

Never dose anything until you test for it first.

Curly Joe Reefer

Thanks for the info guys, I think i will defenitly start a regiement when i get back from a short vacation next week. My list of SPS grew by three pieces yesterday, so i think it might be time for more than just water changes soon. Oh the new pieces are purple monti w/green tips, orange/red digi(both of those were freebies), and drum roll...........The real deal holyfield superman monti. Sorry it's one of the corals that really got me intrested in reefing so i'm kinda happy. I'll be posting picks soon

• 2 weeks later...

Your tank looks amazing!! I have a 10 gallon but its a big work in progress right now. Do you think you can post a pic of your AC 30 refuge? I have only read where people mod the AC 70 into a refuge.

• 2 weeks later...

tank looks awesome. i think somebody posted that i looks bigger than it is. I agree.

keep us posted on if and when you start dosing your tank. i've been thinking about doing the same, as i am anticipating declining calcium levels with some of my new additions.

btw.... lovin the superman!

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to let you know that this is my inspiration tank.

A 10g of my own i in the works and your rockscape is an actual scape, not a mound of rocks. In short; I LOVE IT.

What's the total wattage over your tank? Im a bit undecided on lighting but I think I'll go for a 70w MH lamp, that should be enough.

Btw, can we get more pics of everything ( setup, corals, angles, etc)

Archived