Top Shelf Aquatics

MGDMIRAGE's 20L

MGDMIRAGE

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
O well. I wanna see some new pics. I wish I had seen your fuge idea before I set my 5.5g up....

Yes, the things you think of when your wife won't let you spend any money lol.

I like your fuge setup its rather innovative

I just set up my own 20L and im loving it, keep up the good work

20Ls are awesome :) I can't wait to setup my 40L, I just need out of this apartment first!

Sweet 20L MGD!

I miss my 20L, the RSM took its place.

Looking forward to the new 'scape pics.

Thanks Richie! I love your RSM i actually was going to buy one a couple weeks ago but it was 350 miles away i almost considered the drive as the guy only wanted $250 bucks for entire setup and it was like new!

I haven't updated this in quite sometime so here goes.......

SDC11320.jpg

ATO float switch.

SDC11319.jpg

SDC11318.jpg

SDC11317.jpg

SDC11316.jpg

SDC11315.jpg

Fuge shot..

SDC11314.jpg

SDC11313.jpg

SDC11312.jpg

SDC11311.jpg

SDC11310.jpg

SDC11309.jpg

SDC11308.jpg

SDC11307.jpg

SDC11306.jpg

SDC11305.jpg

SDC11303.jpg

SDC11302.jpg

SDC11301.jpg

SDC11300.jpg

SDC11299.jpg

SDC11298.jpg

SDC11297.jpg

SDC11296.jpg

SDC11295.jpg

SDC11294.jpg

SDC11292.jpg

SDC11291.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SDC11289.jpg

FTS 8-5-09

East vs West aquascape.

Just read your thread I like your latest aquascape the best the hills and valley look really natural. I have the same ATO as you. Not sure if you have experience with them but mine got stuck 2 months after being in the tank and my salinity took a dump. Good thing the back up was in there otherwise water would of been on the floor. Now I clean monthly with vinegar. Just trying to look out! :lol:

Just read your thread I like your latest aquascape the best the hills and valley look really natural. I have the same ATO as you. Not sure if you have experience with them but mine got stuck 2 months after being in the tank and my salinity took a dump. Good thing the back up was in there otherwise water would of been on the floor. Now I clean monthly with vinegar. Just trying to look out! :lol:

Ah, thanks for the warning on the ATO! i will start cleaning it regularly :) Thanks for the aquascape comment too :D

Had to add a pic of Kermy as he decided to show his beautiful face!

SDC11333.jpg

And my sweet little 3 month old Daughter! Kaitlyn

kaitlyn8-6-09.jpg

Cute kid!!! My 7 month old daughter's name is Kaitlynn also. with two n's obviously.

Thanks! yeah we thought the name wasn't all that common but we keep seeing it more and more now hehe. It gets confusing because my other daughter(4.5 years old) is named Kaylee, i keep almost mixing the names up hehe.

That last pic is your best looking frag for sure. ;):P

What a cutie!

Tanks lookin good too! B)

Thanks! So far that frag has had the most growth too!

I like the new scape a lot, you're going to love the sixline great fish. That sps right in the middle of the FTS looks like its going "ta da!"

I like the new scape a lot, you're going to love the sixline great fish. That sps right in the middle of the FTS looks like its going "ta da!"

Thanks, from a distance i think it looks like a cactus. Yeah i'm totally in love with the sixline already, tons and tons of personality.

Well i'm in the process of removing my sand, i've finally had it with the stuff. I know it mainly has to do with my 78x turnover but it's unacceptable! I am tired of blowing off stuff like every other day, I may go BB or get some larger aragonite. So i'm siphoning out as much sand as i can with the water changes, i sucked up quite a bit just now with a 5 gallon water change.

Well my skilter that brings the water into my fuge seemed to not be sucking too well so i took the tube off and low and behold my pistol shrimp was dead in it. He somehow pryed his way through the small hole at the bottom of the sponge and got sucked up tube. He was probably in there for a couple days :( I thought something was up since my YWG has been out in the open a lot, probably looking for his buddy. As much as i hated his rearranging i do miss him and i may get another..

Got some new livestock i couldn't pass up. Pair of clowns $10, i'm not sure about female but male is a true perc, anyone got an idea on the female?

SDC11420.jpg

Another $10 dollar deal, this scarlet shrimpy!

SDC11425.jpg

With these new additions my tank is officially overstocked until i get my new 10 gallon up, then one or two of my fish will be heading over there.

Thought i should throw a recent FTS with almost all of my fish in the picture :) I love the clowns so far, they are like puppy dogs, already begging when i come near, and they eat like pigs!

SDC11440.jpg

And yeah, i like to collect old dip test strips :D

FECKIN' HEWL!!!!

thats a huuuuge Female!! :o

yeah shes phat and protects her man! my yellow tail tries to beat him up but the feemale comes to the rescue and wuups up on the yellow tail.

shes pretty hot though...

SDC11460.jpg

SDC11459.jpg

westcoastreefer84

This tank is comming along nicely, your on your way to a serious zoa collection, I love the shallow tanks

I should have did a 20L, its the same length and width as my tank I have now but I don't use the extra height, lol, my scape is about as low as yours

This tank is comming along nicely, your on your way to a serious zoa collection, I love the shallow tanks

I should have did a 20L, its the same length and width as my tank I have now but I don't use the extra height, lol, my scape is about as low as yours

Thanks, yeah i had the option between a 29 gallon i had laying around or my 20L. I wanted my lighting to be the most efficient without having to have a high wattage system. The little SPS i have kind of happened by accident, i got it all for free. I currently have close to 20 types of zoos, i hope to gain a few more types shortly. I change my scapes fairly often as i always think it could be better, but i always keep it low. I'm also considering bumping up my fuge to a 10g and doing a DSB in it. Especially since i found a cool new shelf system to put the tank on thanks to Subtraho :D

Thought i'd throw a quick pic of my Fire Shrimp since he was out and about while i was feeding.

SDC11582.jpg

I really love those shrimp :D wish they weren't so light sensitive.

AquaticLife 115 Mini Skimmer skimmate so far.

SDC11604.jpg

Slimer encrusting a bit.

SDC11602.jpg

My digitata frag that i broke and it's now three :(

SDC11601.jpg

New thin branched neon green birdsnest frag, not really sure what kind it is.

SDC11600.jpg

My new bargain, RemoraC with mag 3 for $40, i've heard mixed reviews of these but i couldn't pass up the deal. IT'S friggin HUGE for my tank!

SDC11598.jpg

FTS with the HUGE mag 3, i'm going to have to rescape to hide it somehow. Also my glass is super dirty on the outside :D

SDC11597.jpg

My GSP is pretty ticked too because i had to move it. With the inclusion of my new skimmer it puts the display at an almost sufficient 87.5x turnover rate :D

How do you like (or did you?) that little aquatic life skimmer? I have been thinking about getting it just becuase I liek the price and they seem pretty nice.

Also, wow nice scores! Albeit your tank does look a little crowded but nice deals on the livestock especially.

that is one messy tank XD

Thanks, your shark is ghey.

How do you like (or did you?) that little aquatic life skimmer? I have been thinking about getting it just becuase I liek the price and they seem pretty nice.

Also, wow nice scores! Albeit your tank does look a little crowded but nice deals on the livestock especially.

It's aight, it's been running a few days, the remora has already picked up more foam in 10 mins though than the AL 115. Hard to compare a dinky skimmer to a huge one, but still.

I've decided this tank will be mostly SPS and LPS so almost all of the zoos are going to go to the 10 gallon and I'm going to totally re scape this one.

Also I'll be upgrading the fuge to this tank so that it is a 10 gallon instead of a 5.5, and then the AquaC Remora Pro will be in the fuge instead of the display, along with the heater.

Archived