Innovative Marine Aquariums

CADLIGHTS 12G

reeftankguy

reeftankguy
hi again, just wanted to ask ya a couple of questions...

Is there much much difference from the stock lightning?

What other benefits have you seen from the leds? heat-evaporation-wise...

Hello Nappy... Yes there is a difference .. I want to say 50% brighter and defiantly MH quality without the Heat issues...

With the stock lighting my tank temps were 79-80degs with a fan blowing on the tank with a ambient room Temp of 77deg...

Now with LED’s... The CAD stays a constant 77.7 +/- .2deg, with no fan! I was very impressed!!!!!!

Evaporation has changed since I don’t have a fan blowing on it... so it is much less...

Plus… LEDS last Years and Years and Years and Years and Years and YEARS!

MH and T5’s need to be replaced every 6 to 8 months

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nano sapiens

Very nicely done! I wouldn't be surprised if nearly all nano tanks have LEDs as standard in a few years.

reeftankguy

Added my first Zoa Colony... Green Goblins Aussie's from Aquatic Auctions...

Opon arival Aclaimation...

000_1247.jpg

AA Auction Picture...

1-1781f.jpg

In tank... Wish I had a better Camera the colors are just like AA's

GreenGoblinAussies.jpg

They opened up within 10 minutes... I'm really digging them! :D

I highly recomend AA! great packaging and shipping! Customer Service AAA+++

Latest FTS - 7/31/2009

000_1272.jpg

Newest FTS w/Zoa's added 8/3/09

FTS8309.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Rescued this guy from Petco... He was in a tank with 3 Bursa Triggers... He was pretty beat up and managed to get the Petco guy to sell him to me for $9.99... He is doing great after 3 days... His tail has started to heal...

Black & White Ocellaris Clownfish?

BlackClown.jpg

wow, really cool. looking to do just about the same thing. i really like this tank and the finnex m9 tank, thinking this one is cooler though. great job on the led's too. :D

wow, really cool. looking to do just about the same thing. i really like this tank and the finnex m9 tank, thinking this one is cooler though. great job on the led's too. :D

Thanks 121... CAD's are great... But I can say the Finnex is a great tank also...

• 3 weeks later...

Added a Tunze Osmo ATO... Here are some pictures...

Setup...

000_1342.jpg

Rails setup in Middle Chamber...

000_1344.jpg

This is Butthead the BiColor Blenny...

000_1358.jpg

ButtHead with his new Buddy...

000_1349.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I want to add an ATO to my cad12... I'm topping off morning and night daily. I'll have to look at that one.

Its a nice Unit and worth the $185...It tops off about a gallon a week...

Very nice setup. I love your LED build, it's very impressive. You got a great deal on your onyx clown and he looks good too. I paid $120 + tax for my pair.

Very nice setup. I love your LED build, it's very impressive. You got a great deal on your onyx clown and he looks good too. I paid $120 + tax for my pair.

Thanks Opy... The LED's are great! The Black Clown was pretty beat up when I got him... His dorsal and tail fins are all healed up now...

I only by salt from Petco and swore to never buy a fish from them, but when I saw him in the tank with those triggers picking on him I had to save him... -_-

i like.....but i do request moar fts' please.... :D

Here you go... FTS[

FTS9152009.jpg

Also a Media rack I built last night that goes in 1st Chamber (Overflow)

1stChamberMediarack.jpg

Great looking scape! The new LED box makes the setup with the CAD tank look great... imitation may be the sincerest for of flattery as I think I'll copy some things that you've done here! I just bought the CAD 9g today and I'm going to order up parts to start my LED for it. I was surprised to see that you used 20 Crees for a 12g. What would you recommend based on your build? Are you running the fixture dialed back a ton or are you happy with the output? I'll be posting my copycat build soon.

Great looking scape! The new LED box makes the setup with the CAD tank look great... imitation may be the sincerest for of flattery as I think I'll copy some things that you've done here! I just bought the CAD 9g today and I'm going to order up parts to start my LED for it. I was surprised to see that you used 20 Crees for a 12g. What would you recommend based on your build? Are you running the fixture dialed back a ton or are you happy with the output? I'll be posting my copycat build soon.

Thanks for the complements!

I went with 20 to get max coverage with minimal shadowing...

When I first fired it up on the tank I ran it at 50% of the max output but now it runs at 100%.

I do turn it down a bit when I take FTS pictures to prevent WhiteOut... These babies a BRIGHT!

Again Thanks!

Jon...

Your tank is looking great. Nice job on the media rack too. Hows the clown doing? He looks happy. Isnt it nice to save a life? Nice zoas too btw :happy: .

Thanks Opy!

He is doing great... All healed up... he seems to be best buddies with my BiColor its cool to watch them interact with each other...

Jon...

Archived