Coral Vue Hydros

Joeygo 40 Breeder

Joeygo

wow, grown in very nicely. how much calc do you go through? looks like your tank would eat up a dosings worth in half a day. still have the royal gramma and clown? what bulbs are you running now?

Thank for the comments. I'm going through 150ml of Alk and 150 of Cal a day. I lost the gamma but still have the clown. In the picture I'm running all ATI bulbs. A mix of aqua blue and AB special.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a picture of my favorite coral.

DSC_0380.jpg

That's great to hear! Post a new FTS if you have a chance :)

I was running out of room so I moved some coral around.

DSC_0002_4.jpg

wow this is such a great tank!

do you think you could post pics of your sump?

Thank You

I'll look for a pic.

Here you go.

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Filter sock, large skimmer, dosing pump and AC 50 for carbon and GFO

Really amazing tank joeygo. Congrats on TOTM. I dont know how I missed this tank for this long but you dfinitely deserve it.

Thanks,

a lot of people wondered how they missed it too. I do lurk a lot and read everyones build threads. I just don't post often.

Great tank, 40 is an amazing dimension and you utilized it perfectly IMO. Well earned TOTM IMO :)

Thanks Joel this means a lot !

Thank You

I'll look for a pic.

Here you go.

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Filter sock, large skimmer, dosing pump and AC 50 for carbon and GFO

nice sumpage lol

thanks

Congrats! Fantastic SPS tank. Love that turaki!!

Thank you. I really like SPS. I wish that the photos would capture the true color of the Turaki. Since I've upped my lighting to 400W MH. It has turned to a more magenta color. Definitely one of my favorites.

This frag was grown from a little nub in a year.

DSC_0021.jpg

phi delt reefer

looks great man! like how you have such an amazing tank but have kept it simple in terms of equipment and sump setup. Well done!

congrats on the TOTM! how do you like the dosing pumps? I've been looking at them at ebay and I'm very tempted

Thank you sammy

I feel that they are a great value. They do what there supposed to do :D

Congrats on TOTM! Your tank looks so full and colorful! I'm curious how you did the top though? It looks great, but what concrete did you use? How did you keep the surface level?

Congrats on TOTM! Your tank looks so full and colorful! I'm curious how you did the top though? It looks great, but what concrete did you use? How did you keep the surface level?

Thanks for the kind words. I made the top by building a frame and bottom out of melamine. The concrete is just 60lb bags of concrete w/color added. The top is actually on the bottom. That way it comes out level and smooth.After it cures. You pull it from the mold and flip it over. I also did a chiseled edge. You can google concrete counter tops to get a few ideas.

DSC_0225_3.jpg

DSC_0226_2.jpg

Archived