inTank Media Baskets

bruce922's Solana 34g

bruce922

sorry to hear about the YWG :(

And to answer your question jgalvin, air exposure [for a short period of time] is not harmful to the rock and most sps, lps and softies. It is bad [not terrible but better avoided] for most nems tho. A lot of corals are exposed at low tide in their natural environment.

My LFS owner once told me that a local built a tidal system where the tank was drained into the sump daily or twice daily. I have not seen this set-up my self but i guess something like that could be done. I also do not know what he is keeping etc. but I digress... [/hijack]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
redkneecoral

I think we all in the beginning worries of messing something up. I know I did lol

Bruce, I'm from outside of Philly, in Chester

thanks much for the answers and great to hear! With the solana being 20inches tall i was hoping to stack some more rocks to give it more height. yep, i really don't want to do anything wrong that kills off anything.

- James

sorry to hear about the YWG :(

And to answer your question jgalvin, air exposure [for a short period of time] is not harmful to the rock and most sps, lps and softies. It is bad [not terrible but better avoided] for most nems tho. A lot of corals are exposed at low tide in their natural environment.

My LFS owner once told me that a local built a tidal system where the tank was drained into the sump daily or twice daily. I have not seen this set-up my self but i guess something like that could be done. I also do not know what he is keeping etc. but I digress... [/hijack]

Looks good man! The 'scape is well done.

Do you have anything adding flow in that little area behind the false wall and the rocks? Or do you find that nothing really collects back there?

Looks good man! The 'scape is well done.

Do you have anything adding flow in that little area behind the false wall and the rocks? Or do you find that nothing really collects back there?

I thought about that actually. But it seems like the flow all around the tank is good. If I look closely at the sand in all spots of the tank I can see little particles swishing and swirling around. So I think my flow is pretty good in all spots of the tank.

Bruce

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No new updates. I have been busy with work and school and really have not had much time to dedicate to my tank. If I get any new additions or take any new pictures I will make sure I post them.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I took this picture with my HTC Evo, so please forgive me cuz the quality is not great. I thought it was a cool pic of my Clarkii in my bubble tip anenome!!

Bruce

post-42878-1296656547_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are some pics I took of my tank today. My camera sucks so I did the best I could. More to come.

Bruce

post-42878-1302386012_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1302386023_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1302386033_thumb.jpg

post-42878-1302386116_thumb.jpg

redkneecoral

your tank is looking good.

I really love ya Coral Beauty. I added one to my tank a few months ago and I LOVE THAT FISH

Looking good man, i'm thinking of adding a dwarf angel to my tank and i"m torn as to which to add, there are so many cool ones! coral beauties are among my top choices though, I guess it'll come down to how much money I have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

How's it going with the BTA? I'm *this* close to adding one to my Solana, but reading a lot and have a few reservations. Are you afraid of yours outgrowing your Solana?

• 2 months later...

Archived