Pod Your Reef

Biocube 14 LED Retrofit done!

crs2k

I just checked my fan, and unfortunately I can't quite see the label as it is up against the hood. But I'm almost positive I went with the 11db 18cfm one. They only had one at Fry's when I went, so I just grabbed it.

Chris

I have a question regarding the Silenx fans you used. NewEggg and Fry's do not sepcify the voltage of the fans but instead state 8-14v. What does that mean and how did you wire them into you set-up? If i'm assuming correctly (or incorrectly for that matter) these fans require 12v+/- but you used a 24v PS and only used one fan so you didn't wire it series with a second fan. Did you utilize some sort of variable resistor or voltage regulator from your PS to drop it down to 12v? If so, can you provide details?

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question regarding the Silenx fans you used. NewEggg and Fry's do not sepcify the voltage of the fans but instead state 8-14v. What does that mean and how did you wire them into you set-up? If i'm assuming correctly (or incorrectly for that matter) these fans require 12v+/- but you used a 24v PS and only used one fan so you didn't wire it series with a second fan. Did you utilize some sort of variable resistor or voltage regulator from your PS to drop it down to 12v? If so, can you provide details?

Thanks

Bump.

Sorry - I would like to order the fan today but want to make sure I have everything I need. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Bump.

Sorry - I would like to order the fan today but want to make sure I have everything I need. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

I dont think he used the 24V PS for the fan. I am using a 12V PS from Radio Shack to power my fan.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

where did you get those power supplies and how are you running your fan. How is the heat control with just the one fan. You think i could run two 1000mA pucks off of one power supply and then run one 1000mA puck and that fan off of the other power supply. If so got any ideas one the best way to do this.

Archived