Cultivated Reef

My New Ratatouille Tank!

BibleSue

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys & gals! Very happy the roof is done & hubby is back on track with this project. He bought the PVC, went at it with the chop saw yesterday. & BOOM! Plumbing ready to go!

Ain't lettin' no grass grow under these feet!

DSCF7068.jpg

The sale paper is the sump with the chambers marked on it. Chair is to hold it in place till the silicone dries.

I have half a 40lb bag of dry Aragonite & 10 lbs of live sand to put in the upper tank. Not planning on any in the sump this time. I may use the Berlin X2 that I won at the frag swap in the sump instead of the SeaClone 150 I am now using. I know it's a bit overkill. :lol:

I am going to put the aragonite in & the rock, water & coral from the selling tank (20H) in there first. Think the fish will be OK? It survived that sadly neglected tank in NC so he is pretty hardy. Once I am sure I don't have a mini cycle I will start moving stuff over from my other tanks, tear down the sump & clean it up to add back in. That will come last.

Plumb the tank OUTSIDE, why didnt I think of that. Still trying to get the glue off the kitchen floor.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I forgot to take off my rings though! Will they be bonded together forever? :lol:

Lol, you don't take those rings off for ANYTHING!!! :lol:

So you're just gonna fill the tank up full enough so it doesn't go over the overflow?

I think the fish will be totally fine.

Lol, you don't take those rings off for ANYTHING!!! :lol:

So you're just gonna fill the tank up full enough so it doesn't go over the overflow?

I think the fish will be totally fine.

That's the plan. I want to get this thing moving!

Here is what I will start out with. I know I posted it in the WL but thought I should put it here as well.

DSCF7073.jpg

I put the frog spawn from my kitchen tank in here & it is happy with no filter or anything!

Here is the current sump. I will reverse the flow here & put the skimmer in the center. It will be bare bottom.

DSCF7069.jpg

I hope the debris will fall to the bottom in the left compartment, the skimmer will do it's thang in the middle compartment, go through the baffles to the MJ 1200 to pump nice clean water back up into the tank.

I think I will wait till tomorrow. I want the silicone to set up more before I move the stand back inside. That pvc at an angle will turn the bulkhead if not propped till it sets.

:o Yay for progress!!

...and lots of it too!

:lol:

Lookin' good Momma Sue!

Thanks! I am trying to be good & not rush! I was just asking hubby if he thought the silicone was set enough to move it in. He agreed with me that overnight would be better with that angled pipe.

BOOOO!!!!! :lol:

inorite!!! More hurry up & wait! At least the rest is on my time table & not some one else's.

Water N Aragonite N Arag-Alive

DSCF7075.jpg

Rocks mushrooms, frog spawn, a few zoas as well as a fish in a bag all from daughter's leftovers. (See previous post w/tank pic)

DSCF7077.jpg

Praying everything lives. Especially the fish when I let it go. I put a palm filter with floss on the overflow after adding more water. I will add the fish after the water clears more. 4g fresh made SW & the rest from the other tank.

aa7.gif

Only if you promise to pray for my fishy to make the transition OK.

Here is how it looks now. Fish still in bag.

DSCF7078.jpg

Sue, just keep any eye on everything. run some carbon and be ready to do a WC if ness.

Thanks! Does that mean I have to stay up all night? :o:lol:

Well, it's 1:28 my time & all is well so far. I am headed to bed since I have to teach the kiddies at church tomorrow. Leavin' my fish & corals in God's able hands. Nightall! :happy:

Archived