Cultivated Reef

My New Ratatouille Tank!

BibleSue

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow Sue, that looks really nice. I can't wait to see this one running.

Thanks. It seems like I have been waiting for this FOREVER!

Hello Sue,

I'm in Nashville and I have never heard about the Nashville frag swap and I would love to participate. I do not meet many other people with the same interest in reefs and I would really enjoy it. When and where is it held?

Thanks. It seems like I have been waiting for this FOREVER!

That's because you HAVE!

Hello Sue,

I'm in Nashville and I have never heard about the Nashville frag swap and I would love to participate. I do not meet many other people with the same interest in reefs and I would really enjoy it. When and where is it held?

The Nashville Frag Swap is held approximately once a year and unfortunately you missed the recent one.

Both this year and last year it was held in January, and it is AMAZING.

I would strongly suggest that you get in touch with the Mid. TN Reef Club.

They are the ones who put on the Swap and there will be reefers from your area in that club.

I know that Mercuryne is an NR member who lives in Nashville, and dzones is another member who lives close.

Needreefunds

Very pretty Susan!

I hope it was worth all the trouble and everything goes smoothly from here.

It will be fun watching you put this one together.

Tagging along for the ride. :)

Oh I absolutely LOVE your stand. What an awesome idea adding that ledge. It adds a who new look to the straight up and down pillar look where everything fits right on top of everything else. I'm loving it :D

The Nashville Frag Swap is held approximately once a year and unfortunately you missed the recent one.

Both this year and last year it was held in January, and it is AMAZING.

I would strongly suggest that you get in touch with the Mid. TN Reef Club.

They are the ones who put on the Swap and there will be reefers from your area in that club.

I know that Mercuryne is an NR member who lives in Nashville, and dzones is another member who lives close.

Thanks weetabix :) I looked up the MTRC and it looks cool, I may have to join them soon. I will hopefully be growing out some corals for the rest of the year and actually have something to bring with me next year :)

Wow! Thanks everyone for stopping by while I was away. That is not it's final resting place as you might have gathered. I just was in a meeting all morning & had to finish up the web orders & desk work this afternoon so now I get to go play with my new stuff around cooking for the meal after church tomorrow. Nuttin' to do. :lol:

I go to Disney come back and ya gots a new tank :huh:

That is a nice canopy and stand..can't wait to see it up :)

Thanks! I'll be in Hollywood on the 28th. Are you still looking for a 20H? I hope to be far enough along in this tank set up to free mine up. PM me if you still want it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, It looks like the grandkids will have to share the toy area. :D

DSCF7058.jpg

Stand is stained on the inside & has several coats of Polyurethane on it. I added more to the top where the tank will sit because it didn't look thick enough to me. I think the guy that built it used the 2 in 1 stain/poly combo. It has dried for a week now so I should be able to set the tank on there & installing the overflow & return plumbing.

Wrong PIXAR movie IIRC, I don't remember any saltwater in Ratatouille...

But seriously, it looks great Sue. Sorry you had to wait so long to get it, looks like it'll be worth it!

sue, this tank is TOTALLY WICKED!

ICONATOR_63405fef1cbd38842950cc540f2ecbda.jpg

Thanks! You' ain't seen nuttin' yet!

Wrong PIXAR movie IIRC, I don't remember any saltwater in Ratatouille...

But seriously, it looks great Sue. Sorry you had to wait so long to get it, looks like it'll be worth it!

:lol: I named it that because it will have things from all my other kitchen tanks, display, prop, contest & daughter's left overs. All served up through the pass through from the kitchen to the toy area. :D

Very kewl! Can't wait to see this latest creation. That looks like a nice equipment list that will be going in here as well. Should really be something when it's all said and done.

Bill

Getting closer! Hubby is at Lowes getting PVC & plumbing stuff I still need for the return.

DSCF7060.jpg

I am going to use the 20H sump from my prop tank for this sump. I will clean it out & not have sand in it this time. Aragonite will be in the tank only.

chuckfullservice

Very nice tank ! Congrats , I can see you will have another beautiful tank filled with happy creatures! Enjoy...

Very nice tank ! Congrats , I can see you will have another beautiful tank filled with happy creatures! Enjoy...

Thanks for stopping in. I haven't bumped into you for awhile! Doin' OK?

Moving right along. I painted the back of the tank & have the plumbing worked out.

DSCF7061.jpg

DSCF7063.jpg

Tomorrow I will wash the PVC & inside of the tank & glue it all together.

Archived