SaltCritters.com

Sump For JBJ 28

Freddybnj2004

Freddybnj2004

Okay... so I have a CPR hangon overflow... 300gph.. I am using a glass 17 gallon tank..

24 L x 14 W x 17 H

I will by some acrylic sheets and cut some pieces... my design is something like the overflow drains straight down to a pvc pipe with cuts in it that is suctioned to the end of the tank and flows the water across the first and biggest section which will be filled with 4+ inches of live sand , and live rock... I will then split that section with a 10 inch tall piece of acrlyic, the next section will be very small enough to stand up my Tunze 9002 skimmer... that section will be split with a piece of acrylic around 7 inches or so wherever the water line is on the Tunze if less then I will build a little stand for the tunze to give me at least 7 inches, followed by a 1 inch gap and then another piece of acrylic coming from the top of the tank down to the bottom minus one inch (Bubble trap) then another inch gap and my final piece of acrylic about 6 inches where the return pump will sit... I hope this is close to a good design... any help, comments, suggestions... Thanks.

BTW - I will also have a JBJ auto top off... and I am thinking about feeding it into the sump where the pump is.. is that right?

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see some pics of your sump. i would like to add a sump to my JBJ 28.

Okay... so I have a CPR hangon overflow... 300gph.. I am using a glass 17 gallon tank..

24 L x 14 W x 17 H

I will by some acrylic sheets and cut some pieces... my design is something like the overflow drains straight down to a pvc pipe with cuts in it that is suctioned to the end of the tank and flows the water across the first and biggest section which will be filled with 4+ inches of live sand , and live rock... I will then split that section with a 10 inch tall piece of acrlyic, the next section will be very small enough to stand up my Tunze 9002 skimmer... that section will be split with a piece of acrylic around 7 inches or so wherever the water line is on the Tunze if less then I will build a little stand for the tunze to give me at least 7 inches, followed by a 1 inch gap and then another piece of acrylic coming from the top of the tank down to the bottom minus one inch (Bubble trap) then another inch gap and my final piece of acrylic about 6 inches where the return pump will sit... I hope this is close to a good design... any help, comments, suggestions... Thanks.

BTW - I will also have a JBJ auto top off... and I am thinking about feeding it into the sump where the pump is.. is that right?

Archived