Pod Your Reef

15 Gallon AIO Office Tank ADDED WEBCAM

hcsceo

I have an Idea as far as Moving Out the Koralia. (But this maybe to little to late)

Put Locline from the "Sump", in the sand going to the far right side. and have it pop out right were you want it Unfortunetly you would involve drilling another hole which I doubt you want to do.

I got this Idea from my LFS Guy who did that to his own tank Which looks great and creates great Flow in the tank. And the Best part its unobtrusive.

I am thinking about doing that to my Aquapod and maybe creating the backwall like yours

I've been thinking about a variation of that. I'm thinking about running the line from the top of the sump and hide it behind the black rim of the tank. I could easily get a 1/2" PVC in there and not have to tear the tank down and just mount it with silicone. Great idea!! Keep the ideas coming but I'm really leaning towards a Vortech MP20 and calling it good.

Steve

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vortech Mp20 mmmm? Well for that price you can use this as a practice tank and build another one Fixing all the mistakes/changes you want to make. Then Just move every thing over to that one.

I've been thinking about a variation of that. I'm thinking about running the line from the top of the sump and hide it behind the black rim of the tank. I could easily get a 1/2" PVC in there and not have to tear the tank down and just mount it with silicone. Great idea!! Keep the ideas coming but I'm really leaning towards a Vortech MP20 and calling it good.

Steve

build another one Fixing all the mistakes/changes you want to make.

LOL the Koralia doesn't bother me that much :D

I saw a guy on RC.. not that I have an account there.. :ninja:

He was running an mp20 or 40 in a solana. He was really creative with the placement of his mp20. Because the false wall on a solana is in the rear of the tank he couldn't put the mp20 on the back wall, but he didn't want it on the sides, or obviously the front lol, so he built a waterproof box out of black acrylic that was large enough to house the dry/motor side of the mp20 and he put the box in the middle rear chamber of his solana. So the mp20 is mounted to the rear wall of the solana and the motor is nice and dry in the water proof box in the rear chambers.

You could certainly do a variation of this quite easily.

However the benefit of placing it on the right side of your tank would be the ability to somewhat hide it in your rockwall to a degree.

I also approve of the idea of getting the largest return pump you can fit into your aio filter box.

And nice decision on the locline reduction :)

Testing as of today. Things are moving along. Looks like by the end of next week we'll be ready for a water change and CUC. Will test again on Monday.

NH3 - .25 Heading Down

NO2 - .40 Heading Down

NO3 - 15 Heading up

Cycle is finally done!!! I'll do a big water change today and get some CUC in it by the end of the week. I'll also add the Purigen and Chemipure Elite at that time along with changing the filter floss.

I'm hoping to order my Reefkeeper Lite this week and setup my ATO. I'm only loosing about 1/2 Gallon every three days so evap has been very low.

I've noticed a lot of traffic on the webcam. Hopefully I'll have some stuff for you guys to look at soon enough. My plan is to put the CUC in and give it a couple of weeks and move all my existing LR and a cup of sand over from my picotope. I have several hundred heads of different zoa's on those rocks so I'm hoping I don't get a big cycle when that happens.

Steve

OK did a 30% water change today and will be adding my CUC tomorrow.

I've decided not to order the ReefKeeper Lite as planned instead I've decided to build the controller from the ground up.

Finally, the skimmer is the last thing on my list to complete on this tank. I'll fit it in soon.

Steve

OK did a 30% water change today and will be adding my CUC tomorrow.

I've decided not to order the ReefKeeper Lite as planned instead I've decided to build the controller from the ground up.

Finally, the skimmer is the last thing on my list to complete on this tank. I'll fit it in soon.

Steve

yay there will be something to watch in the tank tomorrow!

really nice job. looks so clean. you certainly achieved your goal of having it look factory.

YAAAAY!!! Thanks Carinya.

OK guys the CUC is floating in the tank now. Should be putting them in within the hour. If all goes well I'll have my LR and corals moved over in a couple of weeks.

Steve

4 hermits

3 Nerite

3 Astrea

1 Turbo

I'll be moving over my cuc from my picotope when I take it down.

I hope to build an AIO 15 gallon here shortly similar to yours. Are you using the maxijet 1200 and the koralia 1 for your flow still? I was wondering how that was working for you? If you were going to do it again do you think it is too much, not enough, just right? Thanks, oh and great build, you did a fantastic job!

I hope to build an AIO 15 gallon here shortly similar to yours. Are you using the maxijet 1200 and the koralia 1 for your flow still? I was wondering how that was working for you? If you were going to do it again do you think it is too much, not enough, just right? Thanks, oh and great build, you did a fantastic job!

Yes still using both pumps on my 15. So far they are doing fine. I do like the flow but until I get some corals in there I really have no idea what it will be like. I'm planning to upgrade it to a vortech at some point. The Koralia is really large in this tank but I do like the flow so it stays for now.

coralcor Posted Today, 04:46 PM

I see a CUC !!!

YAAAAAAY!!! Yea they are happy campers. Late next week I'll be adding my LR and corals that are attached to them.

Steve

i love your tank, i wanna do the same thing but have Coldwater and get stuff from locally.

thatd be fun..

Ok guys for those of you who are following along, I just added all my livestock from my picotope to the tank. It is really amazing that all that stuff filled my pico completely and now it is just taking up a corner of the new tank. There is a dust storm right now as I added two cups of sand from my established tank. Zoa's are starting to open and my toadstool is wondering what to do. We'll give the tank a few weeks to a month to recoup from this before adding more livestock. I'm going to cycle some more LR also to fill in the tank a bit more. Check out the webcam and see it now :)

Steve

Looks really good.

Thanks Eick.

Ok since I put so much of my stuff from my other tank I'm going to water test daily and see if we get a cycle that gets out of hand. I'll post here. PH is a little low. I'm going to bring in my other test kits and test for Calcium, Magnesium, KH and see if we can find a source for the low PH. Things are opening today but slowly. Could be the flow in the tank. I'm going to watch them closely.

Temp - 80

SG - 1.0255

NH3 - 0

NO2 - 0

NO3 - 0

PH - 8.0

moar pics!

LOL. OK here is a pic. Things have been a little stressed since the move. I never really got a small cycle that I was expecting when I put everything in but I have been having trouble with my PH. Things are opening but slowly. I'm going to bring some two part with me next week and air stone and see if I can track down the PH issue.

photo-8.jpg

OK did a full test on my tank today to help find the problem with the PH. As suspected KH, CA, andMg are probably my problem. I added max dosages of DT's CA, Alk, and Mg and will retest tomorrow. I've also removed the K1. It was just too big. I've got my eye on a MP10 which will only stick out about 1.5 inches from the right of the tank. This is exactly the width of my MagFloat so it will kind of hide behind it. Should be a great solution.

Steve

Temp - 80

SG - 1.0255

NH3 - 0

NO2 - 0

NO3 - 0

PH - 7.6

KH - 7

Ca - 325

Mg - 1125

Archived