Coral Vue Hydros

TheStar's LED powered BC29

TheStar

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do your clowns ever bother your goby? Just curious because I want to onyx clowns and a goby.

Brad

It's hard to say. I have 2 watchman gobies (1 in each tank). The first one (in the BC29) was damaged by something in the tank. I took that one out and swapped it with the YWG in my other tank and both have been fine since.

I do have a Mandarin goby that I purchased about 2 weeks ago that is afraid to come out from behind the rocks. Not sure if its because of the clowns specifically but they are very aggressive towards their tank mates. I have actually decided to trade them for some smaller true percs...

The LFS had my 2 clowns in a display tank for the past few months. The owner was going to put them in his personal tank, but never got around to it.

I went in with my 2 black clowns and traded for my 2 old clowns.

P2050767.jpg

P2050773.jpg

P2050775.jpg

P2050817.jpg

P2050818.jpg

looking good.

Yep, the mat is your GSP growing, overtaking your rock

Could it be a bad thing if the GSP spreads too far all over the live rock?

The LED's from Evil's group buy should be here soon. Can't wait to upgrade the lighting.

New Pics and FTS...

P6281043.jpg

P6281045.jpg

P6281046.jpg

P6281054.jpg

P6281055.jpg

P6281071.jpg

P6281076.jpg

P6281087.jpg

P6281088.jpg

Firecracker....

P6281098.jpg

P6281147.jpg

P6281179.jpg

Brain ....

P6281066.jpg

P6281102.jpg

P6281181.jpg

Right Side...

P6281144.jpg

GSP with new growth...

P6281061.jpg

P6281157.jpg

Hammer has finally found a spot it likes...

P6281169.jpg

Toadstool...

P6281118.jpg

P6281139.jpg

P6281058.jpg

Leathers....

P6281104.jpg

P6281149.jpg

In the last picture, should I be worried about the Mushroom stinging the leather?

In the first toadstool picture above, the sand just keeps blowing away and the bottom glass is exposed. Short of turning down the MP20, can anyone recommend a way to keep the front left sand in place?

The Heatsink from Heatsinkusa.com is scheduled to be here tomorrow. I am really looking forward to the LED build. Also received another hood to do the build in. This way I don't have to destroy the Nanotuners 4.36 upgrade that has done so well up to this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Your tanks are looking good... I assume you've probably had other posts since the server crash... any progress on the LED build?

Thank you....repost of lost pictures...

P7121256.jpg

P7121259.jpg

P7121264.jpg

P7121266.jpg

P7121273.jpg

P7121290.jpg

P7121292.jpg

P7121310.jpg

P7121317.jpg

Still waiting on the delivery of the LED"s. Can't wait to get going with the build.

This is one of the nicest evolving bc29's I've seen in awhile, I can almost picture what it'll look like in six months to a year. Once you get your lighting situated, you'll have even more options.

This is one of the nicest evolving bc29's I've seen in awhile, I can almost picture what it'll look like in six months to a year. Once you get your lighting situated, you'll have even more options.

Thank you!!! That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about my BC29. I am excited about the lighting for the reason you mentioned.

As I get more involved in this sport, there is more and more stuff I would like to do. The benefit of having a nano reef is that you get very good experience & it teaches patience.

Tank looks sweet. How do you like the Mp20? If you had to do it all ove ragain would you get a Mp10 or a 20? I love that toadstool.

Brad

Tank looks sweet. How do you like the Mp20? If you had to do it all ove ragain would you get a Mp10 or a 20? I love that toadstool.

Brad

If I did it all over again the MP20 would have been one of the first things I purchased instead of waiting a few months. I would also go with the MP20 over the MP10. I was worried about too much flow, but that is definitely not the case. You can also adjust the flow and use random patterns, etc.

I have been reading about others shutting their pumps off during feeding. I do put my vortech into feeding mode, but if I shut my return pump off, my Sapphire Skimmer overfills and loses the bubbles. Does anyone have a way to prevent this? Or a better way to do it? Am I missing something?

I have a BC29 and the sapphire skimmer. I unplug the recurculating pump when I feed and plug it back after a hour or so. Nice tank BTW

Ugh... I had a guy I was purchasing a mp20 from but I'm pretty sure his no correspondence means he's not selling it anymore. Oh well.... soon.

I have a BC29 and the sapphire skimmer. I unplug the recurculating pump when I feed and plug it back after a hour or so. Nice tank BTW

Thank you!

Interesting....Doesn't this cause chamber 2 to fill up with water and overfill the sapphire?

Ugh... I had a guy I was purchasing a mp20 from but I'm pretty sure his no correspondence means he's not selling it anymore. Oh well.... soon.

That's too bad. I did purchase mine new. Good thing because after a month or so it had some oddball problem. Ecotech replaced it no problem. You might be able to find a new one for $270 if that works. How much was the used one?

A bit cheaper, I hunt for the bargain when it strikes.

I understand. I have been keeping an eye out as well. Thinking of building a larger reef. This sport just keeps growing on me.

I understand. I have been keeping an eye out as well. Thinking of building a larger reef. This sport just keeps growing on me.

If I didn't have to move in the forseeable future, I would as well.

If I didn't have to move in the forseeable future, I would as well.

This is the one I am thinking of building. Not sure what I would use as a cover though.

CIMG0012.jpg

CIMG0013.jpg

They got a tank like that at my LFS it is 24x24x24 with stand for 599.99 nice tank. You get those leds yet? ;)

Don't forget a brother now I am practicing my patience.LOL

Brad

They got a tank like that at my LFS it is 24x24x24 with stand for 599.99 nice tank. You get those leds yet? ;)

Don't forget a brother now I am practicing my patience.LOL

Brad

Hey Brad, I won't forget you, but NO LED's yet. Still waiting to be notified that they actually shipped.

Archived