Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My Aquapod 12

Clavius85

i say no more fish. what are water parameters? also get a CUC, like hermits and snails.

tank looks good though!! i like the video!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i say no more fish. what are water parameters? also get a CUC, like hermits and snails.

tank looks good though!! i like the video!

Thanks man! My parameters are perfect right now. Things are going well except for a minor GHA outbreak I'm battling. I still want a Clown though, so I'll probably find another home for the Chromis. As for a CUC I have 10 Dwarf Ceriths, 6 Nassarius and 3 big Florida Ceriths - all from ReefCleaners.org. B)

get one turbo snail, they love GHA, then take it back once it did its job if you dont want it

Cool, I didn't know they ate GHA. Is there any reason i shouldn't keep it after the GHA is gone? Thanks again, man.

one reason is that they get big and will knock over corals and sometimes even rockwork. my big turbo once knocked that cool legde i have, and almost smashed my sun coral.

So iI had to come check out your tank - esp after seeing the firefiah AV. I like the rockwork - big pieces mixed with small make for interesting scapes... I would say go for the clown - just give it a week or so, juat in case (sounds like your water params)

Love the firefish. I can watch mine for hours, just mesmorized.

I think I am going to tag along on this as we started the tanks pretty close to each other...

nice tank, i had a firefish myself for a few months....however, he jumped out of my tank =(

I was wondering how you cheato is growing in that little container? Also, is that something you modded? how does it stay attached to the glass?

nice tank, i had a firefish myself for a few months....however, he jumped out of my tank =(

I was wondering how you cheato is growing in that little container? Also, is that something you modded? how does it stay attached to the glass?

Sorry about your firefish.

The chaeto seems to be growing fine. Maybe a little slower than if it was in a refugium. I pluck some of it out when it gets to be too much for the thing.

It's just some tupperware cup that I cut a bunch of slits into. I then punched a hole in the center of the lid and took a suction cup from one of those coralife digital thermometers and stuck it in there. The first one I made just had a bunch of holes in it that I drilled. But I didn't think there was enough water movement so I re-did it and made the new one that you see in my most recent FTS. It's not pretty but I guess it works. B)

• 2 weeks later...
any updates?

I wish I could say that I finally got some corals. But unfortunately I'm still battling this brown stuff. I can't figure out if it's diatoms or cyano or what. Whatever it is, my cerith snails won't touch it. It has also come back all over the back wall again. I cut down my lighting from 12-hrs to 8-hrs. That seemed to stop it from spreading. I'm scared to do a 3-day blackout though.

DSCF0800.jpg?t=1240358930

DSCF0802.jpg?t=1240358945

But on a more positive note the coralline algae in my tank seems to finally be spreading!

• 3 weeks later...

hey clavius, hows the tank going? Mines doing alot better...but still battling the GHA patches....

Hey HighLife, the tank is doing well. I finally got rid of the brown algae/cyano by reducing my photoperiod. So the sand is all nice and clean now. I also bought a zebra turbo snail to control the GHA and he wiped out that stuff in a matter of days. I'm actually a little worried that it may not have enough to eat now. And since I have a little extra money now I'm going to look into finally getting some corals for this thing! B)

Here are a few pics:

IMG_0795.jpg?t=1241993710

DSCF0879.jpg?t=1241993723

DSCF0699.jpg?t=1241993735

nice vids!

Thanks, Nanobuds. I'm kind of pushing the bio-load at the moment with 3 fish. But if I thought I could actually catch the Firefish without tearing the tank apart I would sell him. Seems like all he does is hide. :angry:

i was able to catch mine by turning off pumps, put some a brine in a net, and when he went for the brine in the net, i scooped him out... kinda (lifted net a little too fast, went carpet surfing. but he was fine.)

then i took him to the LFS

So I finally got some frags!! From a local reefer I picked up Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoas,

Green Eye Purple Zoas and a Kenya Tree Coral. So cool!

DSCF0978.jpg?t=1242332812

DSCF0980.jpg?t=1242332828

DSCF0996.jpg?t=1242413345

I'll get some better pics of the zoa's when they open up (hopefully soon).

Congrats... I've gotten all my corals from C... he really takes care of all his stuff and makes sure you are getting great deals.

Congrats... I've gotten all my corals from C... he really takes care of all his stuff and makes sure you are getting great deals.

Hey Josh, yeah I'll definitely be getting some more from him.

Hey Josh, yeah I'll definitely be getting some more from him.

yeah... he's always got something new each time I stop by. I left with a few myself... trying to fill up this thing. Hopefully the new lighting will increase the growth rate!

• 1 month later...

Well I sold both my Firefish and my Chromis. So now the Clown is all alone. :( I'm thinking about getting another clown and just have the two of them. OR maybe something else instead like some sort of goby. Anyway, here is the latest FTS:

DSCF1172.jpg?t=1245364262

Zoas:

DSCF1177.jpg?t=1245364544

Archived