Top Shelf Aquatics

NC's RSM w/pics!

NanoClown

As some of you may know i was going to start up a large reef (90g!), but through the times of financial hardship dreams could be crushed.. lol that sold fast. Looking through craigslist i found a local reefer that was moving soon who had 2 different AIO tanks for sale. Anyways this will be my 5th different reef tank since my start in the hobby 2 years ago. (and if your wondering I only paid $400 for this set and $150 with for chiller)

my equipment

-34g RSM

-lighting consist of dual 55w PC's probably wont upgrade either

-2 stock ciculation pumps (can these be upgraded?)

-stock skimmer (seems to work fine, i may upgrade to the tunze w/StevieT's special cup)

-JBJ nano arctica titanium chiller 1/15hp

livestock

-40lbs mixed fuji live rock

-30lbs aragonite live sand

-Pair of True Perculas(still looking for a mate)

-different fish later along the lines (flame angel, gobies, ect)

-some softies

- Euphylla type LPS (hammers frogspawns torches)

-Montipora Caps

thanks everyone

comments welcome

teaser pick up tomorrow!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you get it from that guy with a 510-909-....#?

My friend was on his way to pick up the RSM for 350 but he decided to go with the Cadlights.

Find the camera already bro - hahaha! I want to see the aquascape!

Did you get it from that guy with a 510-909-....#?

My friend was on his way to pick up the RSM for 350 but he decided to go with the Cadlights.

-yes i did, i paid 400, he threw in the rocks and sand, but i used most of that rock in the nanocube so for now i have a bunch of base rock and only a little live rock

Find the camera already bro - hahaha! I want to see the aquascape!

-ahah already working on it

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet deal! :D

thanks, and after glimsing though your thread your RSM inspires me ahaha. but yeah what are some of the mods you can do? i really want to upgrade the stock pumps and i hate the "chamber of death"

WOW what an amazing deal on that tank!!!!! Can't wait to see some pix!

-yeah like i said i just need to find that camera

on a side note, i did find a few aptaisa 'nems on the rocks, lets hope some peppermints can do the job after i get through the cycle

I find the stock pumps to be OK, but I have added an extra one inside the display. This is also helpful for feeding.

My Mods:

Tunze 9002

StevieT (inTank) media Basket

StevieT (inTank) skimmer cup

Koralia #2

Hydro Rotating deflector

JBJ ATO

Stealth heater

Pinpoint wireless therm

the chamber of death is a joke. If you rip out that stock skimmer you have a lot of room for a fuge, new skimmer or even a nice fancy media basket :D I don't miss reaching down there and changing media, what took about 45 mins now takes 5

you could try and nuke the aptiasia now with lemon juice, joes juice or boiling water, it may be nice to do it during the cycle

aha alright i got the mods,

and the chamber thing i knew it was a joke, i just hate having to remove the pumps to change out media, i will definitely be upgrading the skimmer soon so i might have to contact you for some of those sweet InTank products

yeah i think i might try lemon juice for now, lets just hope they dont multiply

great, let me know when you are ready or go to mediabaskets.com

I would try and get them now while it is easy, a pep may work, I have one, but they can be hit and miss.

I love your scape, and that rock with the hole, possibly a shell in it has plenty of opportunites.

Just a quick note, lower your water level, you are showing surface film buildup. The water needs to be about 1/4" below the black molding, you can also raise the intake grate 1/4" to help as well

thanks i love the aquascape, so many caves and a ton of surface area for coral

yeah i accidentally overfilled the tank while filling it up

i did some exterminating today and i must say Blue Vet Rx Aptaisia Control (by Blue Life) is the best stuff i have ever used to kill these little buggers, you just feed it to the nems and turn off your pumps. 30-45minutes later they are dead! aha

Dude...your aquascape is awesome bro...and I love the type of live rock you got in there! VERY NICE!!! Can't wait to see coral in there - keep us posted with more pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived