Pod Your Reef

A Cadlight experience!

oh my fraggin gosh!

oh my fraggin gosh!

So I finally got around to putting up a thread. The 'livestock' had been around for quiet a few months going from a 24g Aquapod, to a 32g Solana, to a 10g AGA, to finally a 22g Cadlight.

The biggest difficulty was transfering the 10gallon and upgrading it to my 22 gallon.

I'm running the tank pretty much stock. No Mods at all, and I just recently threw in a 400 Maxijet just for some added flow, but felt as if the stock pump was already enough.

I picked up the tank locally as their storefront is not too far from my house. I had the pleasure of meeting Eddie who gave me a tour of the place. Maybe next time I'll take pictures of the place. So I drove the tank home, set it up the next day and here it is.

FTS

4x T5HO 24w

Aqualifter

JBJ Autotopoff

Stealth Heater

Maxijett 400

12v 2x Cooling Fan

Purigen

Filterfloss

Tunze Nano skimmer (to be added)

oh my fraggin gosh!

So today I went to the LFS and looked at some of their new Aussie corals they stated to have gotten in. I was there on Sunday to see that they had some pretty niec Hammer corals, a green one, another one they called pearl hammer, and two beige ones that they called pink hammers.

They were about 3'' long and they called it the "wall" type rather than the branching type. Sunday it was 59.99 for the three green ones, $150 for the "pearl" one, and $250 for the pink one.

Today I go on to check them out thinking I may get one (even though I felt they were over priced already!) I come to find out the price went up!

The green ones were $100, and the pink/pearl ones were $300 each!

I kept to myself but I ended up being really upset because their corals had showed signs of being really over priced lately, and now I feel this is just rediculous. I went home today to look up zoanuts and other sites I use for price comparisons, and I found WYSIWYG hammers that looked a lot better for half the price.

Anyway - this really sucks and I despise buying from them. They even had azoo fans for $79.99 but on DR. F&S they're $40 for the same exact one!

My .02 Now I need to start buying more corals online...

WindCloudWRX

Nice tank. Man that's amazing, the egg crate. I will think aboout something like that, espeically initially to catch all the crap that's floating around, but mostly i will run chemical filtraion there perhaps.

oh my fraggin gosh!
Nice tank. Man that's amazing, the egg crate. I will think aboout something like that, espeically initially to catch all the crap that's floating around, but mostly i will run chemical filtraion there perhaps.

Definitely do it, it's a great way to mitigate the flow. Pretty self explanatory too. $10 bucks a sheet at Home Depot!

Nice reef! I just ordered a CAD 22 from Ken at oceanreeflections (full 'fuge/4x14W T5). If I don't upgrade, I may just leave it low-light for my mantis shrimp and do a bunch of palys/rics/zoas.

oh my fraggin gosh!
Nice pics. You may want to put some mesh/screen over the top so your helfrich's doesn't jump out.

I acutally just came from Home Depot to look for somethign useful. Didn't find anything appealing. Do you have any good recommendations?

Misbar Clowns FTW bro! I LOVE MINE!!!

This is one sweet tank my friend! Everything is looking GREAT!!!

Nice Cad22...Wwhat do you use for the refugium lighting???

Archived