SaltCritters.com

Alicia's RSM

Alicia

Well...here it is!!! omgomgomg Haha...I just picked it up @ FedEx Freight tonight. All I could do was unpack everything and check the tank for obvious cracks, etc...no flaws I could see. Sorry the picture is not very exciting! My husband and I are in the process of buying our first home...and hopefully moving in the next couple months. So I have to force myself to wait until then to set it up. My Dad is also building me a custom stand that we designed, much like Lalani's 20H. I followed in Kim's footsteps (she really is the best :blush: ) actually when I converted my 16 gallon biOrb (not the most ideal I know, but it's just temporary) into marine and am keeping a few zoas and a mushroom with a modded light, just until I can transition to my RSM.

I have about 20 or so pounds of LR now and am going to add about 20 more pounds from Sea Life. I am also going to use about 40lbs. CaribSea Arag Alive Sand...either the Fiji Pink or Bahamas Oolite...haven't decided for sure yet. Right now in my orb I am housing 2 clowns, a coral banded shrimp and CUC. I had a TINY baby YCG...which appeared to be doing great and then mysteriously vanished without a trace...I still wonder if my shrimp got him or not. I'd like to get another goby eventually. I am going to take Stevie's advice and ditch the bio-balls and carbon and probably replace with Purigen and Chemipure. I am also going to be asking Santa for a Tunze 9002. Oh! ...and I already got the Koralia #2 AND the Mighty Mite RO with DI system I've been using! Now...musttttt waittttt... :scarry: When we know for sure when we are going to be moving I may go ahead and order my LR...so I can at least get it cycling it in a seperate tub so it's ready sooner...anyone have any suggestions on doing that? Thanks!

P.S.- Dumb question...but where in the heck do I find the serial # on this thing to register it???

post-38314-1221526496_thumb.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I don't see any pic though..

Edit: Oh, there it is! :P

Yep...definitely! :wub: I am just usually not a very patient person...so this is going to be torture! I feel like it's staring at me...begging for water! I think my fish are eyeing it up too! :blink: Grrr...those dang Realtors. Anyway, thanks for my first post Kim! :D

No problemo chika, I'm postwhoring today! :D

On a serious note, I'm confident that your tank is going to look incredible!

Hahahaha...you're just awesome. :P

I had a terrible day at work and this totally cheered me up. Wish you lived closer!

Hahahaha...you're just awesome. :P

Not really, but thanks anyway.

I think I am somewhat amusing though. :P

no kidding... :rolleyes:

FILL THAT THING UP ALREADY!!! :lol:

Don't tell her that!!!! She's going to wait until they get their new house instead of trying to move a whole tank. :P

I had a terrible day at work and this totally cheered me up. Wish you lived closer!

There you go again with those subliminal messages!!!!! omgomgomg

Don't tell her that!!!! She's going to wait until they get their new house instead of trying to move a whole tank. :P

i can't help it...i see a glass box and it just needs to have water in it :(

I sorry :(

There you go again with those subliminal messages!!!!! omgomgomg

:lol: Keep it up Alicia!

(you'd have more fun in Maryland anyway...look what we've done with kmitch already :P )

i can't help it...i see a glass box and it just needs to have water in it :(

I sorry :(

:lol: Keep it up Alicia!

(you'd have more fun in Maryland anyway...look what we've done with kmitch already :P )

:slap:

omgomgomg

at least put some fake corals in there! even tap water will do. we want more pictures.

Lol, she might actually do it!

Hahahaha....you guys are just something. I've smiled more in the past 5 minutes than I have all day!

Stop tempting me!!! Haha...no wonder I've become so addicted to this hobby...all this peer pressure!!! :naughtydance: Must resisttttt!!!

Hahahaha....you guys are just something. I've smiled more in the past 5 minutes than I have all day!

Stop tempting me!!! Haha...no wonder I've become so addicted to this hobby...all this peer pressure!!! :naughtydance: Must resisttttt!!!

anytime...we do standup in weetabix's thread most nights ;)

Well...here it is!!! ... and hopefully moving in the next couple months. So I have to force myself to wait until then to set it up. ... Now...musttttt waittttt... :scarry: When we know for sure when we are going to be moving I may go ahead and order my LR...so I can at least get it cycling it in a seperate tub so it's ready sooner...anyone have any suggestions on doing that? Thanks!

P.S.- Dumb question...but where in the heck do I find the serial # on this thing to register it???

:welcome: to the RSM fold.

So... Is someone going to use this as leverage, like "You can set up the tank as soon as the last box is unpacked." :P

I would just wait until the move is complete and the tank up to get LR. Moving is a major PITA so why add another complexity like 40 lb LR in 140 lb salt water? And IAC if you wind up in an area with active reefers, you can probably find someone selling LR cheaper than what you can find in the LFS or even on line and if it comes from a tank they're taking down, it will be fully cured.

The serial number on ours is on the back, upper left corner. But IMO would be wise not to even uncrate it at this point - just risking a broken tank if you don't handle it well.

Good luck with your move and then Good luck with your tank!

-hank

:welcome: to the RSM fold.

So... Is someone going to use this as leverage, like "You can set up the tank as soon as the last box is unpacked." :P

I would just wait until the move is complete and the tank up to get LR. Moving is a major PITA so why add another complexity like 40 lb LR in 140 lb salt water? And IAC if you wind up in an area with active reefers, you can probably find someone selling LR cheaper than what you can find in the LFS or even on line and if it comes from a tank they're taking down, it will be fully cured.

The serial number on ours is on the back, upper left corner. But IMO would be wise not to even uncrate it at this point - just risking a broken tank if you don't handle it well.

Good luck with your move and then Good luck with your tank!

-hank

Hey Hank...thanks for the warm welcome! ...and no! Haha...no one is going to hold that box with the aquarium in it as leverage! I'm setting the darn thing up ASAP! However, that might be even later than expected now! :tears: We found out today that the seller's bank did not accept our offer! GRRR! :rant: It's all really quite ridiculous.

Edit: Deleted some of this post as it was just rambling about not getting our house...and no one wants to skim through that crap anyway! :D

Archived