Innovative Marine Aquariums

abe's 65g

abe

i recently took some fts, and have before and after pics as well.

old setup

IMG_3532.jpg

the new fts, with a few more corals and 20lbs live rock added

119F3669.jpg

check out my colonial tunicates

119F3653.jpg

my acans

119F3656.jpg

my purple tip frogspawns

119F3657.jpg

my green frogspawn

119F3658.jpg

green torch

119F3659.jpg

blue tang

119F3660.jpg

crocea clam

119F3661.jpg

new zoa rock, not sure of morphs, they are a bright green color, some have orange center

119F3662.jpg

my green open brain

119F3664.jpg

RBTA

119F3665.jpg

my short tentacle plate coral

119F3666.jpg

flowerpot, with only one clown now, my male died of unknown causes two nights ago

119F3667.jpg

my pulsating xenia, not great picture

119F3668.jpg

another fts, all fish showing

119F3652.jpg

thanks for watching updates to come soon

:)

i found a hitchhiker i think it is a tiny BTA.

BTAe.jpg

Sorry to rain on the parade but that is actually a pest that can grow in numbers to plague proportions. Might want to nuke it while you can. looks like a majano similar to aiptasia

best regards

reb

EDIT: it's a majano. i'll leave it. its too far from the other corals to hurt them. heres a pic where u can see the details of the nem better.

BTAe-1.jpg

i'm looking for some corals to fill the left side of the tank. it's about 20" deep, and 6" wide that i need to fill, so its enough for a lot of coral. suggestions? the area is where the open brain used to be in the old aquascape.

i got a new frag yesterday evening and put it in. its a zoa frag, not sure of morph. yellw skirt, with purple lining orange inside. :)

119F3721.jpg

my dad wanted this peice of live rock for the 12 christmas tree worms. turns out its a coral as well, double whammy for $6 ;)

119F3720.jpg

anyone oknow what tye of coral this is?

sorry for the delay to the people watching this thread (which as of right now is 0 :( ) but today i went to the lfs again and got two pink and white yumas, and a rather large frag of monti, which is brown with beautiful purple polyps.

pictures of the duncans, rainbow monti, pink and white yumas, and the unknown monti.

duncans

119F3737-1.jpg

pink and white yumas

119F3736-1.jpg

unknown monti, will get a better picture with polyps showing tomorrow, i just put the coral in in this picture

119F3735-1.jpg

rainbow monti

119F3730-1.jpg

another coral came in today from mrcoral.com. m dad got it because i asked him to get it. its a rainbow monti, 2". came in well packeged, with heat packs. picture when i get home. i'm open to comments, suggestions and critisism.

updating my thread again. this weekend stopped by the frag swap and picked up a prizm favia ( 5polyps) from ezcompany.

monday afternoon stopped by the LFS again and saw a nice colony of sun corals. it was an impulse buy, and i think im gonna have to be feeding 2-3 cubes of mysis a day now.

update on the light: still not arrived.

pictures of the favia and sun coral later.

EDIT: oh nearly forgot. also put in a frag of tubs true blues. hehe. got pictures of those too. i also have a great picture of my duncans fully expanded.

alright, so pictures are uploaded and ready to post.

the tubs true blues. none of my pictures do the corals justice. im getting new lighting so im waiting for it to arrive to get new bulbs. mine are far too yellow right now. oh, btw, this picture also shows the devils armor zoas that came on the frag. they are very nice. spread much faster than the tubs true blues though.

119F3805.jpg

i wanted to put this picture in. its one of m rainbow montis. you can see in the lower left section, its already spreading over my marine epoxy. the growth measures in at 2mm. its only been in the tank 2 weeks!

119F3806.jpg

here's the duncan picture i promised

119F3798.jpg

my new sun corals. the colony is huge

119F3812.jpg

last but not least. the prism favia. this is a very beautiful specimen bought from ezcompany.

119F3807.jpg

oh, btw, care for the favia??? i forgot to ask ez. just wanna know. i only asked him about lighting, but not feeding. if any of you guys know, please help me out... posts. please

• 3 weeks later...

wow, i havent updated for a while. gettin the lights from ali when i get back from texas. not phoenix's though, ushio. got a turbinara sp, mini dendro colony, rainbow acan lord, rainbow acan echinata, white monti with purple polyps, the ricordeas (from zoanuts), and i think more, i'll have to check when i get back home. pictures soon.

my dad wanted this peice of live rock for the 12 christmas tree worms. turns out its a coral as well, double whammy for $6 ;)

119F3720.jpg

anyone oknow what tye of coral this is?

Porites!

Porites!

thanks for the id. i was looking around, and that was my main choice. the porites doing very well right now. its actually turning green (in a good way)

• 2 weeks later...

new lights put in, but bluer color to my tank now. :) i let algae grow over the glass in some spots over the last few weeks, so no fts until i clean it up.

Archived