Cultivated Reef

ebin cube

ebin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool looking tank so far. Have you thought about adding a really small piece of LR that isn't pouros or doesn't have much other than coralline just so you can help get it started?

Cool looking tank so far. Have you thought about adding a really small piece of LR that isn't pouros or doesn't have much other than coralline just so you can help get it started?

I figured out a possible source of the coraline in my tank...turbo snails have purple shells and are covered in coraline.

Very pretty and great pics, too!

BTW, I think your canopy is very good-looking.

Please, please Thanks diane you should see this thing it is like a evil square vox.

K 5 fish in a 33g and ones a tang. All bad even with your filtration or did I miss something?
Ghey

sure am glad you know so very much please enjoy this shot of my tank that is still doing great. no fish losses, stable water params.

I guess you did miss something.

8a4jdd3.jpg

doing my water change i always pull out the inside of the filter to clean sponges. after doing this the other night i noticed the next morning my tang was gone. I looked all over the tank but he just dissapeared?

after much thought about where he could have went i checked the filter.

he was smashed under my bottom sponge.

at least i can see into my fishtank.what are you growing scratches?

smb

I added another 15 hermits to the tank today.

last night i also added a red mushroom, 2 small candy cane heads (red and green) and a piece of a leather i cut from a friends tank.

post-7528-1198540923_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the concern, actually some novus took care of most of the scratch colony. Still need 2 more applications before it is entirely worked out.

tank009-1.jpg

So are you going to add a new tang?

If I can find one as small as the one I had I just may.

I have quite a bit of reefkeeping experience as well as numerous friends with large tanks that i can put fish that outgrow my tank.

I am not the type to really cry save the tangs. my tank has a nice square foot print with plenty of rock to swim through. Any fish crammed into my tank will be fed well, & live in great water quality. I know what i am doing and i think the proof of product shows in my past tanks and the direction this tank is in.

we as hobbyists do alot more damage as a whole by keeping fish and promoting this hobby than what we could ever do by making sure there is 100 gallons of water for my 3/4 inch $18 yellow tang to swim in.

collection, and transhipping kill soooo many fish. we support theese deaths by keeping tanks

I know I am guilty....do you also realize you are too?. get off your high horse and accept you are no better than anyone else here.

You made a poor choice, I said it was a poor choice, you told me to follow your thread and I am. There are plenty of appropriate livestock that would work better in tank. Also if the tang was not stressed by the size of your tank, and was well fed and with good water quality any speculation as to why it died?

no need to speculate why it died... it swam into the chamber of the filter and i smashed it with the sponge when i put the pump and media back into the filter. I did not think to even check if something swam in.

Sorry to hear about your tiny tang. They are so inquisitive and prone to sticking their noses where they don't belong. I had one that I chased with a rod from a window blind so my mushrooms could eat. I swear that thing would watch for me to take my concentration of him, swoop in and steal the pellet, go spit it out, and laugh at me.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a wellsi as in Blastomussa? I'm not sure I would have recognized it. Nice specimen!

Tank's looking very nice in that fts.

--Diane

Archived