FTS

FTSsept.7.jpg

Rockwork

FTSsept72.jpg

AC Mod

ghetto.jpg

fuge.jpg

musthaveitall

I still havn't even built me one yet, as soon as I set one up and see how well it works, I will make any necessary mod's and start taaking orders...

Any GSP? I love mine it fills in all the holes.

Clint

Hey where did you get that light fixture? Can you give me any information on it? I haven't seen one like that before and it looks like it would be perfect for my tank. Thanks!

Day seven of the cycle and things are looking grungy. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

cycle1-1.jpg

cycle2-1.jpg

Heres where I'm keeping the extra live rock I bought when I got the stuff for the pico. It was just too good to only get 3 pounds.

curing-1.jpg

seahorsedreams

That coral you identified as a porites.... well that's a skeleton I'm afraid. I do not see any tissue on that and looks as though he did not make the trip alive.

That coral you identified as a porites.... well that's a skeleton I'm afraid. I do not see any tissue on that and looks as though he did not make the trip alive.
Tissue was on the other side but has since died. Oh well.
Nice feet.
I work out. :P
how are you lighting the chaeto?

The back of the ac is clear so light penetrates from display lights for now. Soon it will have a clamp light. Any recommendations?

Tank is looking good! I have a mini PC on my fuge on my 3g it is 10W 50/50 and it screws in a normal incandecent fixture, you could just use a clip on desk lamp or smething for it...

Keep up the good work

Clint

Tank is looking good! I have a mini PC on my fuge on my 3g it is 10W 50/50 and it screws in a normal incandecent fixture, you could just use a clip on desk lamp or smething for it...

Keep up the good work

Clint

Yeah thats what I'm using for my live rock. (picture in my last post)

Looks nice-

Couple things though..

1) Hows your tank temp with that 2x9w? I have one of those fixtures and it runs hot

2) You need a better way to keep that fixture in place - Looks like a slight bump will put it into your display.

3) cut a hole in the top of the fuge lid - Better light penetration

PS - Your thumb toe seems very long :P

Looks nice-

Couple things though..

1) Hows your tank temp with that 2x9w? I have one of those fixtures and it runs hot

2) You need a better way to keep that fixture in place - Looks like a slight bump will put it into your display.

3) cut a hole in the top of the fuge lid - Better light penetration

PS - Your thumb toe seems very long :P

My temp is pretty good. Runs about 78.6 when lights are on. In the summer I use the small fan in my first post to keep it cool. At night I have a hydor mini heater that keeps the temp about 78. In responce to the light, its on a piece of wood so it doesn't fall in (see pics). Lastly the fuge is lit from the side so cuting a hole might not be such a good idea. :P Thanks for the advice.

light-1.jpg

light2-1.jpg

New additions

Suggestion - post smaller images. If it takes for F-ing ever to load your thread, folks are unlikely to comment on it. ~150kb jpg is about as much as you need to post to convey the message of a photo.

You're going to want to try and isolate that gsp to a rock in your sandbed and nowhere near your main LR.

GSP will take over your LR and irritate/overrrun and smother it's neighbors.

Re: your light - I saw the stick underneath the fixture. I was just concerned that on the front, it was resting on either the tank ledge or inner lip. Any bump there could slide it backwards and cause it to fall forward into the water. Maybe you got that covered too.

You're going to want to try and isolate that gsp to a rock in your sandbed and nowhere near your main LR.

GSP will take over your LR and irritate/overrrun and smother it's neighbors.

Re: your light - I saw the stick underneath the fixture. I was just concerned that on the front, it was resting on either the tank ledge or inner lip. Any bump there could slide it backwards and cause it to fall forward into the water. Maybe you got that covered too.

Thanks the GSP is on a isolated rock that I don't mind if it totally encrusts. My concern was that it would smother too. Great minds think alike.

Suggestion - post smaller images. If it takes for F-ing ever to load your thread, folks are unlikely to comment on it. ~150kb jpg is about as much as you need to post to convey the message of a photo.

You just need high speed internet my friend. I have no problems following this thread.

Archived