Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The pains of picos

sykospark

Does anyone here use a drip to maintain evaporation issues?

Any problems with temperature control?

I built an auto topoff system to help with the evaporation. I used a float switch and a battery powered air pump. Works like a champ. I haven't had any problems with heat even after adding the 70W halide. My tank stays consistently between 80-81 degrees.

no 'problems' with evap - I top off once a week - as for temperature - my hydor flat heater keeps the tank 78 degrees.

i use a drip system hooked up to an IV kind of a setup you have in hospitals for an ATO. i also have no problems with temperature, it'll fluctuate from 78F-80F at most.

circusordie16

argent, how do you only have to top off once a week?

i dont have any temperature problems and no evaporation "problems," just a daily top off.

avalanche1201

my temp stays between 78-high 79...as for top off i do it every day...until I build my fuge,,,then ill build my ATO

i use a drip system hooked up to an IV kind of a setup you have in hospitals for an ATO. i also have no problems with temperature, it'll fluctuate from 78F-80F at most.

Hey - Now if you could get an auto top-off feed that looked like a proper hospital drip, that'd be pretty damn cool (provided your style is not minimalist or all-in-one).

They make plant pots with them believe it or not! Check the link...

Self Watering Plant

Hey - Now if you could get an auto top-off feed that looked like a proper hospital drip, that'd be pretty damn cool (provided your style is not minimalist or all-in-one).

my setup is uses the standard 5 gallon jug as the "IV bag", then i have flexhose connecting that to a dripper you can get by the bag at home depot/lowes, all of it's kept secure by cable ties. VERY SIMPLE and IMO, very effective for a cheapo like me.

Archived