Top Shelf Aquatics

70w MH Group Buy for Pico Contest

Tigahboy

Howdy Pico Reefers,

I consulted w/ oogie, and we decided to split the Lighting for Pico Contest group buy into 2 separate threads. Oogie will handle the group buy for folks who want PC's (see here: PC group buy thread), and I'll be heading up this group buy for folks who want MH.

Decided it would be easiest to go w/ a complete pendant-ballast set-up instead of having to retrofit a 70w HQI set-up (since you'll need to figure out how to put UV glass as well). And the group buy will be for the 70w Aqua Medic Ocean Light (HQI). It's a very sexy complete system. Here's a pic of the one I just picked up for my 15g LPS nano:

15g20.jpg

15g23.jpg

Orders for the above light will go thru me. I've already worked it out w/ ccjung at nanocustoms.com and he was kind enough to give us a 13-20% discount (depending on where you go for these lights), but bottomline, it will be cheaper to get it thru this group buy even after tax (for CA residents only) and/or shipping.

The price will be $199 for a complete Aqua Medic Ocean Light 70w DE HQI pendant, ballast, and bulb (completely plug n play & ready to go).

You will have a choice of either 10 (13,000)K AB bulb or a 20,000K AB bulb.

*Tax added for CA residents only. Shipping will vary, but as an example, I believe it would cost around $20 to ship to Florida.

If you would like to get one of these great 70w MH set-ups, voice your order in this thread.

*This group buy offer will only be available until

October 7th, 5PM PST. So get your orders in this thread by then, folks! Thanks!

Okay, so if you would like to purchase one of these lights, post in this thread that you are down, so I can keep a running list of the group order.

Once I have the details finalized w/ how to place the order, I'll post additional instructions/information.

We're still working out the details of payment, adin. I'll get back to y'all on that soon.

coralcrazy, I think I'm going to stick to the complete 70w set-up group buy. The price on nanocustoms for the AB bulbs are already pretty dang low, and it will be easier for me to keep the orders straight if we stick to just one item at a time for the group buy (i.e. a bulb group buy should be a separate endeavor by itself).

Thanks for the compliment tho. =)

retro will be a PITA tho. especially since u have to add the protective UV glass between the retro and the tank.

but then again, if u got the skillz, more power to ya.

OK, I hate to butt in but, I think since most of Custom div. people will buy MH 70W and they will drill, cut, and chop to make there own equipment. I think, it would probably be better if you go with retrofit and make the cost lower.

Ok, sorry for rambling.

Originally posted by oogie

OK, I hate to butt in but, I think since most of Custom div. people will buy MH 70W and they will drill, cut, and chop to make there own equipment.  I think, it would probably be better if you go with retrofit and make the cost lower.  

Ok, sorry for rambling.

oogie. some of us prefer to DIY the actual tank more than the peripherals. =P haha.

oh. and if ppl do prefer the retro, I don't mind asking ccjung for a group buy on his 70w retros either. either is fine by me (since I already got my 70w). =) just let me know in this thread which one you are interested in.

What about a metal halide grab bag group buy? It'd be a little harder to keep track of, but it still shouldn't be too bad. Choose from a 70 or 150 watt pendant, or the 70 watt retro, all in 10 or 20K bulbs. That would lend a little more versatility to the custom category, and more choice for others to just get in on the deal. Might get more buyers that way. I'd like a 150 watt oceanlight and maybe a 70 watt retro myself, but either way I'm probably in for something.

We MIGHT be able to work out a mixed 70w-150w Ocean Light group buy.

But this important. we must have AT LEAST 10 ppl in on this group buy (hence the name "group" buy).

So round em up, folks!

Archived