Top Shelf Aquatics

Red and teal ACAN LORD: cheap singles & doubles!

Caesar777

Nano-reef special! I'm only posting this here, not on RC. I scored a stellar deal on a GORGEOUS Acanthastrea Lordhowensis, and it's not your ordinary gray with red hues. It's the classic Indo type and pattern, but with LOTS of red and teal, and very little gray. VERY outstanding colors. I love to pass on deals, and people here seem to like good deals as much as I do!

SO I'll be selling off a few single polyps and maybe a few doubles, $40 per polyp. Would prefer to sell locally, but will ship at your expense and your risk. I pack everything extremely well, with styro and 40-hour heat packs, so rest assured, they're in good hands.

Photos coming soon. Post here to place on the list; it's easier than keeping track of PM's, especially since my box is always full or almost full.

Also check out my pulsing Sinularia--will be getting pics of that guy soon, too.

I will buy if the coral is quality. Not to doubt you, just want to see pics, so slide me on into that list of yours.

-Stanley

Yup--no doubt. It's a NICE coral, in excellent health. And, not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good at fragging all types of corals. :P Either way, I'll let them sit for a few days, or a week if you want, before shipping them out; though, really, these guys can recover within a day or less.

So pics tomorrow.

How long does it take to drive from seattle to nor-cal? I have some friends up there for school who could maybe take it down for me when they come home from the summer if it is a days trip or so.

haha... it's pretty funny. I have some friends from new-york bringing me a cheap prop tank in a check in bag, some people from so-cal bringing me a tank canopy and a bunch of live rock. Summer is cool for a bunch of reasons I guess.

-Stanley

probably an 8-10 hour trip depending on whether you go 75mph or 105 mph :)

ps... i like it how everyone has cheap frags when i have no money and my tank not set up yet.

ha ha j/k.:P

Well, when I moved up here from San Diego, I believe it took three days? My friends went down to L.A., driving nonstop, and they made it in a day and a half. Or maybe two days--time blurs when you're hallucinating from lack of sleep. SO northern Cali--I'm sure it wouldn't take too long. Takes 4 hours to get to Portland from here in Seattle, another 6-8(?) to cross Oregon, plus maybe a couple hours to get from the border to your specific location. If they're coming down anyway, and bring a cooler, then they may as well. I kept some tidepool shrimp in a big thermos and the water has stayed extremely cold for days. I assume it goes both ways--for heat, too.

Honestly, though, it might be more worth it to just have it shipped. It's like $25 for the post office overnight. Though they don't guarantee overnight arrival for all places, and they tend to manhandle packages...

Yea... I really don't have any relistic idea of what the geography of anything out side of my own room looks like. Except for all the lecture halls on campus, but even there it's a little hit or miss. That's why I study math and phyiscs...

Yea, i'm thinking i'll ship if I buy...

Haha Lgreen, I've got some 4$ Acan lord colonies that filter the water so well that you won't need to add a skimmer or do water changes... it's rainbow, changes color and emits a full spectrum of light so that you can forget about that halide pendant... oh what? You're tank's not ready yet, never mind...

jk

-Stanley

PM box is clear now. I'll hopefully start some frags tomorrow--we'll see how my schedule goes.

I might be interested. How long has the colony been in captivity? I like to buy 'um if they've been around a while. Maybe I'll wait til you frag again. Plus I'd like to see some pics.

Later

EtOH_is_good

im interested, but will also wait for pics before sending money. aside, how come tigah hasn't chimed in yet?

Sorry, just got up to check my email and respond to PM's/posts. I need to leave very soon for the rest of the afternoon, but the evening is clear. They're comin'!

Okay, ONE of the pics turned out well, and one was so-so. The rest were utter CRAP. Heh. So give me a moment....to present the unveiling! (Really, I don't want this to be made into such a big deal...)

My camera seems to get only blurry shots from the front, and clear shots from the top. The so-so shot, from the front:

5cnath

(Nevermind the irritated palys behind him--I just cleaned the front glass for the shot, and they don't like ANY movement of the tank.)

The top-down shot, much clearer and nicer:

5cnaz7

Look at that teal! LOTS of red. Yeah, it's the "common" Indo type, but it's very nice nonetheless.

That's nice looking... Think i'm going to have to be taken off the list though. Had some unexpected expenses cutting into my coral fund.

Archived