inTank Media Baskets

Clearing up some space sale III - NEON GREEN Frogspawn!

Caesar777

Okay, here's the story: I got this guy a few months ago, and it is just BEAUTIFUL--I've never doubted that. It's the brightest electric green with pink-purple tips, a very exceptional specimen in the "classic" color scheme.

The issue is that he is BLOODTHIRSTY! He's stung my Pavona, Pocillipora, Monti cap, several mushrooms, and more. He's in a 30, and is slowly taking over the entire tank. The left half is pretty much his.

SO I need to take him down a notch, and cut him to a more appropriate and manageable size. I'm thinking I'll be clearing out half of the colony--it's huge, I think about nine heads--so I can do single-head branches, double-head branches, or several together. Each head opens to the size of a large fist.

I'm open to trades, as well as just selling outright: $30 for a single head, $45 for a double-head, and I'll do major price breaks for multiple branches. You can also see his friend, the octopus Euphyllia, at the top of the second photo. Its tentacles are soft pink with lots of white nubs which have gradually turned a very light mint-green. VERY pretty, more subtle than the big green one, but also rarer. One triple-head stalk, with three fully-separate heads, opens huge--and I can get better photos--$45. I'd recommend overnight--all corals are well-packed in styro boxes, and triple-bagged with 40-hour heat packs.

Oh, and I also have a sky blue and lavender Lobophyllia available, will make a separate post for simplicity.

And watch out for this guy in your small nanos! (Look at his tendrils grasping toward the Pocillipora and elephant-ear!

SIDE VIEW:

55p2ts

TOP VIEW:

55p352

Also, before anyone says anything, I know the Cynarina was too close to the cap; he's been moved. :happy:

Heh...thanks. Sometimes I wish I was in SoCal--you guys down there get a lot of cool stuff in.

By the way, shipping costs are as follows: priority 2-3 day shipping (not recommended) will be $15, overnight shipping via USPS will be probably $25 or so, and via Fedex no less than $50, unless you have an account number. For some reason it's really expensive to ship out from here, but not necessarily to have stuff shipped here. I'm going to try to get an account with them--I just didn't really think I'd be shipping as much as I do.

Perpetual98

I'd be interested, but I'm short on funds right now. For shipping, check out UPS Next Day Air Saver. It's usually around $25 from my experience with it. They just don'e guarantee it by 10:30 the next day, it's only guaranteed to get there the next business day (I think by 4:30)

Yeah, it's way too expensive around here--trust me, I've looked into it. I shipped, through UPS, three or four PPE-type palythoa polyps in a package that was around 10-12 inches square, and it cost me $46--that was the cheapest overnight method. And this will be a much heavier package.

Still, the post office will ship for a fair amount--maybe $25, no more than $30.

Okay, I had to frag it in half because I had to make room in my tank for a new Yuma rock. (I don't know how it fit--it weighs like six pounds! Should've picked a smaller rock with the same number of polyps--oh well.) He SO reminds me of Little Shop of Horrors...

SO I now one BIG four-head colony available (kept three heads), would take one simple snap at the fork to have two double-head branches--$40 each--or buy the full colony for $75.

ALSO have his friend, the pink octopus coral, a large branch with three separate heads, for $45. It's also a euphyllia species, but instead of having long, bright green polyps with a few pink-purple nubs, it has lots of slightly shorter polyps that are a soft pink, with LOTS of tiny white nubs, and a subtle green sheen. Good for a nano, at least for a euphyllid. It's not in the tank as of two days ago, or I'd take a pic--it's in a bright orange bucket, so the photos wouldn't exactly look clear or accurate! You've seen it before, though, in an older thread. They actually have one like him at the LFS, with TWO heads, for $80. No joke!

That red cynaria may very well be next up for sale...We'll see...He's now taking up the most room for any coral. PM if interested, not sure on him yet.

Okay, I have one 4-head branch left of the green frogspawn, and the one 3-head branch of the pink octopus. Clearing-them-out-quick sale, $35 each! USPS overnight will be $35-45. Save some money and have them shipped with the pulsing Sinularia or Acan Lords! (Separately-bagged, of course.)

Archived