Top Shelf Aquatics

Pink octopus/frogspawn for sale/trade

Caesar777

Full colony and one double-head frag available, can make more frags easily. (Not quite completely divided into two separate heads, but almost), also a few several-head branches. I think it's 8 heads total, can't remember now. All are one piece, except for the double-head, which I broke off two weeks ago as a frag. This is a gorgeous coral, I just have too much pink and orange in my tank!--so I'm selling all but one head. It's a nice shade of deep pink, very slightly orange-ish, not very dark and not very light. Definitely NOT brown or tan. The polyps are very unique in that they're long with lots of tiny lighter-colored nubs all over them, rather than having one big nub on the end, or just a few medium nubs. (Please excuse the medical jargon. :P )

Also some giant bright orange clove polyps (Anthelia) with light green highlights--these guys are two inches across and three inches tall! Giant! One big colony, will frag off however many you'd like. These aren't the green-centered ones, but are nevertheless unusual for cloves. Fast-growing, they tolerate fragging very well. When they close up at night, they look like translucent pink squid eggs!

There'll be lots of other stuff up for trade, just don't have time now to think of it and list it all. Oh, and the blue-green-purple rhodactis mushrooms are still available.

Looking for anything cool--zoos, shrooms, LPS, SPS (no acros). NO brown/tan/gray, and unlikely to be interested in anything orange or pink. Red, yellow, green, blue, purple, and white are all extremely acceptable. Some SPS I'm looking for: hydno (any color), pink or unusual birdsnest, non-brown pocillopora (green or pink would be excellent), branching/plating monti (orange branching would be cool, or any other color), pavona (green only, no brown/partially brown), etc.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Right. I should have just said:

Pink octopus/frogspawn for sale or trade. If you want photos, you have to email me. What's free web hosting?

Who needs details? ...Oh, right, anyone who might actually want the coral.

Mind the TOS - please stay out of my posts unless you want to buy or trade.

Originally posted by samlea

Caesar777 wrote:

Also, samlea has a poorly-worded but valid point; you shouldn't post things like that in for sale ads. People did it to you and as I recall, you got pretty ticked...

i dont need you to tell me that i poorly-worded my response to that other idiot tomaso pantera your bed buddy. somone needs to knock that chip of your shoulder punk arse!

Gee I haven't been here lately but I see I really haven't missed too much quality threads.

Don't feed the troll! The mods should ban samlea for being a moron.

Anyway back to the topic at hand. Caesar777, are you looking to trade or sell your frags? I'm just starting out so I don't have anything to trade but I'd be interested in buying some frags off you since you're local.

Gerlando, selling or trading.

Mirepa, and everyone else, for that matter, $30 for the frag. It's a BIG piece.

Samlea, you and your troll are being reported to the Mods.

agreed samlea has nothing but poor comments to add to the nano-reef community. If nano-reef had some MODERATORS that actually moderate he would have been banned a long time ago.

Excellent. Pics will go up today, if everything works right...

Ceasar777 I am interested in some of your stock, but right now I'm in the process of cycling and won't be ready for anyhting for quite some time. But I am local to you and hopefully you'll have some stock available in the future.

Don't worry, I'll have more stuff in the future. Most of my corals grow quickly, and I'm always fragging them. I'll have lots of zoos, mushrooms, and some other cool stuff, like my green-with-pink-tips frogspawn, available soon. That frogspawn is a nice deep emerald green with large, round pink ends and a few pink nubs.

Here's a cool detail shot of the polyps. Not sure how I even got it to work! (My camera hates getting details and accurate color!) The color is approximately accurate; the coral is pink with white nubs and a green sheen. A bit less reddish, more orange-ish than the pic. It's a top-down shot, hence the weirdness of it.

2lnnk7

More photos to come.

A full shot of the colony, underside/side shot. Look how fat those polyps are! (It's really more pink than it looks here.)

2lnq7a

There are two large branches on the colony: one branch with three heads (joined at one 'corner'), and one branches with two heads. The frag is actually two separate heads (looked at it again when I moved it), they just haven't branched very far apart yet. If you want to see what I mean, I can touch the coral to make it retract so that I can get a good shot of the skeleton.

That second photo is an old one from about a month ago(?), but it's better than any of the new ones I could get. I hate my new lighting--50/50 PC, brand new bulbs, got them on Sat!--it makes any warm colors look weird, like in the first pic.

I'd say the colors on the first one are pretty accurate, too, though maybe slightly too orange... So basically the true color is some mix between the two photos! :P

opihi picker

How much for a clove poylp frag? Got any pictures of the clove polyps?

I'm in Seattle.

Thanks

Yeah, let me get some pics of the clove polyps.

Here's a photo from a few weeks before I moved the rocks (and everything else) around two weeks ago. You can see the frogspawn when it was four branches. (I've since sold one branch and broken off another, which is the 2-headed frag for sale now.) Those mushrooms are giant, about three inches across--don't let them throw you on the dimensions.

2lxoat

To make it easier on you, could you post a full tank shot? I'd like to see the purple shroom and clove polyps. I'm trying to get some more color into my tank! Also, do you have anything (non-anemone) that a clown might host?

Thanks.

Okay, the frogspawn frag has been sold for $35 for one of the heads on the main branch; I'm keeping the small broken-off head, and selling the rest of the colony. What I have left, then, is the two-branch main colony, can split into two separate branches if anyone's interested. The heads are nearly fully-separated on both, so it's like a two-head branch and a three-head branch.

Also, Gerlando - I'm not actually selling the purple mushrooms (they're actually green, but with a purple base...anyway!). I'll have some more stuff that'll be ready to go within a week or two, including some other very nice mushrooms--I'll PM or email you when I do. Not sure if your clowns would host anything besides anemones, though; it depends on the species of clown and its native location in comparison with other corals and anemones. I hear most are picky. But, then, I've also seen ocellaris host ricordea, so who knows! Again, I'll let you know. Note that I just got two ocellaris from another local reefer, and there are lots of things that are anemone-like in my tank--this and another large frogspawn, a huge toadstool with a frilly cap and long polyps (very anemone-like in my opinion, but they don't seem to care), lots of frilly mushrooms, other stuff.... But then again, they're new, and it can take them awhile to host. What kind of clowns do you have?

Archived