ReefCleaners.org

GIANT Protein Skimmer/REFUGIUM

Caesar777

Holds 5 gallons! This is an excellent condition in-sump skimmer, though it would also make a great REFUGIUM (use the low-tech algae scrubber method to combat algae, ammonia, low pH, etc). It's extremely well-made from thick acrylic, with finished edges, built-in venturi adapter within the pvc piping (attach a pump, and that's all you need to run it). It's 12" wide, so it would fit in any sump of at least that size; 13.5" tall, 6.5" wide. Large circular opening at the top, about 3" wide, to fiddle around in it. :) As a skimmer, it can pull HUGE amounts of skimmate out of the water--would be perfect for a live rock curing tank, large reef, or large fish-only setup--really any BIG salt water tank. Great condition; no leaks, no big scratches, nice clarity, etc. Compare to the prices on Ebay for refugiums and skimmers--a great deal at $60. Email me for better photos--I had to shrink this one down to make it fit here, but I have much better ones.

I'm in Seattle, and this thing is heavy, so local pickup would probably be best; I can ship if you'd like, but I'll have to determine the cost of shipping it--probably $20-30? It's made from that extra-thick, extra high-quality acrylic, so it is very heavy. Rest assured, I have quite a lot of experience shipping everything from merchandise of various types to live reptiles, fish, corals, and inverts to fair-sized equipment and tanks, so shipping it won't be a problem, just somewhat expensive.

Contact me with any questions! numberofthemoose@hotmail.com may or may not work; best to click the contact link.

I think it should actually cost $20 to ship this. If you're interested, email or pm me!

• 3 weeks later...

Still available! Will take trades!

Archived